Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

500 MF vs 720

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by metalmario, Mar 15, 2004.

1. metalmario

metalmario IncGamers Member

500 MF vs 720

I was reccently thinking of making a 6 isted sword and 4 isted shield, I figured wow ide have 720 MF. Before I did so, i was lucky enough to meet some one who trusted me with theire 6 isted crystal sword and 4 isted monarch. So i pindled away, doing a comparison for the day. I am now glad i did not waste my 10 ist runes on that crap. Between the thee days i did 600 pindle runs with both 500 MF and 720 MF. And i had heard there was a bug that MF was horrible over 700, but of course i did not beleive it becuase everyone know the more MF, the better, WRONG. I had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better results using 500 MF as apposed to 720. And i beleive 600 runs of each alternating every 100 runs is accuarte enough for my taste. Juss thought i would share what i found, im curious too see what everyone els has too say.
    ryen

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

the difference between 500 and 720 isn't as big as it appears to be because mf has diminishing returns. this has never been hidden. its not a bug. its just that that much mf is slower and doesn't help much.

more mf is always better, but after 100 mf or so, you have to worry more about killing power/speed than mf. from there, you can usually get up to 300-400 mf without losing any major killing speed. getting to 500 makes you drop a little killing power, but its doable.

common sense alone should say its not worth 10 ists to get that much mf. i mean, at some point you spend more on your mf gear than the char finds.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

dude..its all patience and luck, i run with only 269 mf..my meph runs take 30-60 secs and i am lovin the gear i get...faster killin power is better than huge mf IMO

4. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Code:
    Total MF: 500

MF Adjusted for Item Quality
    Uniques		Sets		Rares		Magics
    166		250		272		500
    versus

Code:
    Total MF: 720

185		295		327		720
    So your unique magic find only goes up 19% for that extra 220%. Not good at all. It would be best to use that weapon slot for something that increases killing speed, enabling you to do more runs in less amount of time.

Happy hunting :buddies:

Edit: Just for craps and giggles. 400% is considered optimal by many, including me.

Code:
    Total MF: 400

153		222		240		400
    Editx2: Just for clarity, MF is "rolled" starting with Unique MF, then Set, then Rare, then Magic, then everything else.

5. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

6x ist sword and 4 ist shield isnt a bad idea for switching to it to get the kill on a boss, but only do this if u have say only shako and travs. its not a big waste if its where 3/4 of your mf comes from. imo using 300-400 mf and just kill till u find something its the best way, its also more fun