Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

500 Eldrich Runs

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Dodgydave, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

500 Eldrich Runs

Well I decided to run Eldrich some to compare with my mausoleum runs and also to see if he could drop TC 87 items. Runs were done with a meteor/orb sorc and on average took 1.5-2 mins on players 8 setting. I decided on 500 runs since this equates to 850 mins (at 1min 45 secs a run)- about the same as I spent mausoleum running. As well as killing Eldrich I usually killed the minions and boss that spawned just above and to the left of him if a group was present.

Meteor/Orb sorc lvl 89 mf: 539 merc mf: 135

Run)

9) Grand Crown
    19) Large Shield
    46) Full helm
    54) Ring (Ravenfrost)
    62) Ogre Axe
    72) Gothic Staff
    75) Rondel
    82) Elder Staff
    84) Helm
    91) Ancient Axe

lvl 90, mf: 540
    NEW DAY

99) Breast plate
    101) Amulet (Arcanna's)
    102) Ogre Maul
    106) War gauntlets
    111) Heavy Belt, Dol rune
    113) Ring (Cathan's)
    122) Heavy Belt
    131) Plated belt
    132) Bone wand
    141) Axe
    145) Ring (Manald heal), Gauntlets
    150) Long Sword, Mesh Boots
    166) Breast plate
    168) Pul rune
    176) Brandistock
    180) Repeating Crossbow
    184) Io rune
    190) Dol rune
    197) Kite Shield
    201) Amulet (Iratha's)
    212) Espandon

NEW DAY

222) Double Axe
    225) Scutum
    226) Greaves, Thul rune
    240) Jagged Star
    241) Amulet (Vidala's)
    258) 7% mfsc

mf: 547

267) Light belt
    269) Heavy belt
    272) Claymore
    284) Ornate Plate
    304) Maul
    317) Tomahawk
    328) Totemic Mask
    331) Ring (Angelic)
    339) Belt (Hsaru's)
    341) Balrog Blade
    345) Ballista
    346) Morning Star
    380) Gothic Shield
    384) Amn rune
    396) Repeating Crossbow, Bone Knife
    398) Helm
    401) Pike

lvl 91 mf: 548

411) Shael Rune
    420) Boneweave Boots

NEW DAY

426) Bastard Sword
    431) Ballista
    435) Double Axe
    438) Curriass
    442) Double Axe
    454) Mask, Gauntlets
    457) Military Pick
    458) Thul Rune
    472) Matriachal Spear
    479) Crossbow
    490) Cap
    491) Amulet (Civerbs)
    498) Crown (Iratha's)

Total Uniques: 36
    Total Sets: 30

Total Elite Uniques: 8 (Ogre axe, Elder staff, Tomahawk, Balrog blade, Bone knife, Boneweave boots, Matriachal Spear)
    Total Elite Sets: 1 (Ogre Maul)

This equates to: 1 set per 16.67 runs
    1 unique per 13.89 runs
    1 unique/set per 7.58 runs
    1 elite unique/set per 62.5 runs

No TC 87 items were found (I don't think, I couldn't find that list of item TC's that was posted not long ago, I did try searching for it :scratch: ) There were drops of rare Grand matron bows and Achron plates which I'm know are TC 87, so it appears Eldrich can drop from TC 87 luck was just not with me.

In terms of rares I had 170 elite rares which equates to roughly 1 every 3 runs and so many normal/exceptional rare I didn't count. There were 2 failed uniques: a gargoyle head and a heater. 7 rare weapons had the cruel mod and 1 a Pellet Bow had 338% e.dam.

Rune drops were quite interesting, I only recorded runes of Thul and up. The Pul run was the best run I've found from a random drop in SP. It came from a normal Death Mauler thingy. All up I found 8 runes:

Pul, Io, Dol*2, Shael, Amn, Thul*2

Overall I found these runs rather frustrating, things tended to drop in large groups then go for long periods with nothing dropping. The overall drop rate appears to be almost identical to the Mausoleum runs, maybe slightly higher due to some increased magic find. The rune drops were pleasing and I finally got some decent jewellery (Ravenfrost). Interestingly many of the best items were not dropped by Eldrich. Off the top of my head the Pul rune, Grand Crown, Scutum, Ballista*2, Bone Knife, Totemic Mask and I'm sure some others were dropped by other monsters though that is probably just consistent with the number that were killed.

Any thoughts on this will be much appreciated, as will the treasure class of the elites - one day I will learn them I swear.
    Cheers,
    Dave

2. DVAlan

DVAlan IncGamers Member

Interesting data, and it seemed to be quite bountiful for you. Good luck on your future mf's you grailer :clap:

3. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I think Tenshi said somewhere (or was it someone else) that his minions can actually drop TC87 items, not Eldrich himself due to some nerf and place leveling.

4. Black_KING

Black_KING IncGamers Member

I gambled Waterwalk and sting of ears. 1st stuff i gambled at Act1 Gheed 2nd second was Anja.

5. ShriekingWillow

ShriekingWillow IncGamers Member

I'm going to risk putting my foot in my mouth and correct you without doublechecking...

Grand Matron Bows are TC 78 ( Meph's highest ) and Archon Plates are TC 84. That's just from memory so I may be wrong.

Anyway, interesting results. I'm curious why you'd run Eldritch over Pindleskin. Granted Pindle's drop rates for uniques and sets was nerfed down a bit, but it would appear that most of the stuff Eldritch drops would be more easily found off Mephisto.

It's tough to say whether your runs produced more sets/uniques than a typical set of Pindle runs. I do know that there'll be long dry spells with Pindle where you won't get a single set/unique for like 40 runs. Though there's often a number of failed set/uniques in that time.

Doh, it's late and I'm rambling. And I've said set/unique way too much for one post.

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Actually according to Hakai, Thrugg, Jarulf and Ruvenal it's not...I can't remember the full explanation how this went, but basically Bliz forgot the upgrading of the TC classes and that way Pindle's still basically just as good as before.

Someone correct me if I remember the explanation wrong :)

edit addon:

7. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Well I will always stand to be corrected where treasure classes are concerned.

I ran Eldrich because I dunno why, there was the post of 750 pindle runs earlier so I didn't see much point in pindle running from a recording finds point of view,. Plus I find pindle hits hard and my sorc has no pdr and too little life for my liking. Eldrich is generally a walking push over where death was never an issue, my merc tanked everything unless he was fanatacism auraed (thats not a word but I can't think how to say it), if he was I just saved and exited. So since I could run him on players 8 I got 2 lvls which kept me happy.

8. ShriekingWillow

ShriekingWillow IncGamers Member

That's interesting news Borlag. I read that bit in the Atma release thread but I have to confess I wasn't entirely sure as to it's meaning as far as real gameplay was concerned.

I think I kind of get it now though. I actually did some Pindle/Snapchip runs to see how their drop rates compared, and though it was only a couple of dozen runs there was no appreciable difference from what I could see. Except of course that Snapchip was 50 times harder being surrounded by Gloams/Sirens/Serpent Magus.

But I guess the bad news is that Pindle's drops have always been this terrible.

9. SideShowBob

SideShowBob IncGamers Member

Interesting results, Dodgydave. There are some nice drops there.

10. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

Nice results. Congrats on the find. :clap:

11. flying_dug0ng

flying_dug0ng IncGamers Member

As rare as Tal's and ToB :D Nice!