Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

-50 To Monster Defense Per Hit

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by microlab, Jun 3, 2005.

1. microlab

microlab Diabloii.Net Member

-50 To Monster Defense Per Hit

the uni glove soul drainer has this mod"-50 To Monster Defense Per Hit
    ",anyone know how it works? does it stack? how long will it be effect?and so on....

2. RTB

RTB Diabloii.Net Member

AFAIK it simply reduces the defense of monsters by 50 each hit. It stays until you move out of range (~2.5 screens) as you get back into range the defense is reset.

3. microlab

microlab Diabloii.Net Member

thx, rtb, but if i hit it 2 times, will it stack to -100 def? or still -50 def?

4. TheJarulf

TheJarulf Banned

It is per time, so yes, it will end up stacking. It is a direct modification to the stat. The reason it dissapear when you move far enough away to deactivate the area of the monster is that the game doesn't seem to store away that stat and thus can't reset it when you get back and will then instead use the normal initial value again.

5. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Does it work on bosses (like hitting Baal 200 times will take 10k off his defense)? And does it work for all players (as in the monster gets modified for all players, not just you and/or minions)?

How much is typical monster defense? I imagine this could be a very underestimated item, for its uses.

6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 Diabloii.Net Member

I would assume the mod only works for normal monsters, but that's an assumption.

As for the usefulness: the mod requires you to hit. If the monster data on AS is anywhere near correct, an A1 Fallen (in hell) has close to 1000 defense; an A5 Death Lord has more than 2000. So if you are struggling to score hits it won't do *that* much of a difference, since you'll probably have to hit a few times to compensate for your lack of AR. It might help if you do low damage and have low AR (requiring you to hit very often to score the kill anyway), but in that case I'd say your build is bad.

7. Aerath

Aerath Diabloii.Net Member

And mostly, if your build is remotely decent, you won't hit often enough for the -50 to add up to a reasonable amount.

If you need to hit 10 times to kill a single carver, you're doing something wrong.

8. ilkori

ilkori Diabloii.Net Member

IIRC, the mod affects all monsters (yes, I could be wrong). Combined with Malice, you'd be knocking off 150 def/hit. On an enemy like Baal or Diablo Clone, that would make a big difference (provided it works).