Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

5 Sockets

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by DominusAurelius, Mar 22, 2004.

1. DominusAurelius

DominusAurelius IncGamers Member

5 Sockets

Is it possible to get a one-handed sword with 5 sockets.....I am a paladin and use a shield i am more than quite fond of, but I am also one rune away from making Honor (AmnElIthTirSol), and want to find a rune sword or battle sword or something of the like.......is such a 5 socket, one handed sword a possibility.

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Crystal Swords/Dimensional Blades/Phase Blades are the only 1-handed swords with the possibility of having 5 sockets I believe.

3. BigBadBrett

BigBadBrett IncGamers Member

For one hand, non barb, you can get up to 6 sockets on a Crystal sword and it's 2 upgrade versions the dimensional blade and the phase blade

4. DominusAurelius

Can they be bought, non-magical, grey text, with sockets, and how much trouble will I have finding, buying one?

5. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

Probably but it would be a bit hard to find

6. BigBadBrett

You can't buy them, they are reasonably easy to find, have your friends look out. Post here what realm, Softcore or Hardcore, Ladder or Non Ladder and I'm sure someone will pick one up for you, specify Dimensional Blade (level 25)
    (A phase blade has level 54 requirement)

7. DominusAurelius

Well, Im actually single player, I dont actually know anyone else who plays.....how would I get into the multiplayer stuff and take advantage of having people to find things or trade with?

8. BigBadBrett

Via multiplayer option, online - Battle Net

9. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

BIgBadBrett, you poor soul, there are options for those who don't want to get killed/cheated/otherwise mutilated, or at the best spammed/insulted/dissed, in the quagmire of battle.net.

Probably the best one is in the Single Player forum, right here on diabloii.net in the Strategy Forums area. As long as you abide by some ground rules that boil down to "don't use any cheat, hack, etc., and treat exported items as if they were physical objects", you can trade via emailed files using a special program (ATMA, see the diabloii.net main page announcement) which allows you to move items between characters and to and from disk files but has no "cheating" functions. In fact, people regularly give away stuff they don't want or use rather than selling it in-game, and you *might* find somebody who will just give you a 5-socket sword - though a 5-socket phase blade is much less likely to be unwanted than a 5-socket crystal sword, since it has obvious value in making Call To Arms, and characters big enough to use that runeword will want it in an elite item.