Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

5 reasons why I am an unlucky bugger

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Mio, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Mio

Mio IncGamers Member

5 reasons why I am an unlucky bugger

This research is based on 100 runs.

It just reconfirms that being born on a Friday 13th (as I did) does not pay off!

1. 77% of all the times, I teleport the wrong way in ACT III while searching for Memmo. Reaching the durace lev I staircase up rather than III staircase down.

2. 64% of the times Niggy is on the 3rd-4th side of his labirinth.

3. 69% of the time Summoner is on the 3rd-4th side of arcane sanct.

4. 57% of the times I reach the Tower in Act I, black Marsh, after going the opposite way.

5. 52% of the times I get stygian dolls in BAALs throne room. (not good for a hammerdin).

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

100 runs is still too little too be 100% sure how lucky you are :tongue:

Then again there's a blizzard programmed *law* that says you should find summoner on the last direction you cheak, the times you find him before that is when unpredictable penetration of normal space emerges and causes momental dimensional diffractions. This can be caused by massive invation of munumentol particles and drinking too much beer, the later being less common.

I missed the special day, born 2 days before halloween :cry: well atleast it's close...

3. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

1. I don't do meph run so I can't help you :azn:
    2. Halls of Vaught's map is fixed; I think there's a guide somewhere in this forum... If I can't find it I will post how to find nith for taking only one at least, two at most directions.
    3. I don't run summoner either so I can't help :azn:
    4. Same as above...
    5. Even worst for my evebot (Infinity Lightsorc) :azn:

4. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

1. I get to Durance 3 before Durance 1 95% of the time. I teleport in a clockwise pattern.
    2. I don't Key run anymore so...no comment. :laugh:
    3. Same with me. The summoner is usually on the last branch I check. I swear, he hax.
    4. I usually find the Tower fast enough by teleporting somewhat near the outer edges of the map.
    5. I let my merc handle those pestering dolls. :azn:

5. Sgraffite

Sgraffite IncGamers Member

I have a hunch the game doesn't know the day of the week nor the date you were born. And like IntelligentX said, you can tell which branch Nith is in by just entering on of the four. The only part I remember about that is if you see champions, he is in the opposite branch.

6. HolyHammer

HolyHammer IncGamers Member

I understand what you are saying, it feels like that to me too. (I once went 67 consecutive runs against the Summoner without an HKey - and yes, they were Hell games.)

But there is no need to have a problem with Nihlathak. Somewhere deep in the depths of this site there is a fantastic guide showing the 3 variations of the Halls of Pain, and the design that you need to look for on one of four walls in the Halls of Vaught. Once you get the hang of it, you will get to Nihla on the first branch you try, every time!

7. pliu

pliu Banned

Ya Hkey :badteeth: I do D/H/T keys at one run for no idea how many times. here is the result 9 Dkeys 2 Tkeys 1 Hkey. Dkey like my run?? Hkey almost quit to drop??

8. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

9. k/t

k/t Banned

There are clues for finding the next level in the Tower too.

And with high Fire Resist and block and some DR, you shouldn't have problems with dolls.

Sorcs should have even fewer problems with them because they shoot from afar and because girls like to play with dolls.

10. HolyHammer

HolyHammer IncGamers Member

Elaborate please! (or provide linky!)

EDIT: Girls/dolls - cute.

11. thefranklin

thefranklin IncGamers Member

Yes, nih should be found 1st time every time with nyax's link (hes a pretty good fellow)

Someone also mentioned clock wise patter for meph. What I do is stick my shield to a wall and follow it. It is an easy way to remember it.

Summoner, I think if we took pics of each run at the wp with the right direction labeled (after the run) we might be able to find a way to figure it out. I once was going to try this but got tired of key running.

Good luck running, you are getting some info. They should be stickied in the FAQ or something as they are common questions for new players.

12. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

People have done hundreds of summoner runs and no pattern has emerged yet. Fortunately, you can tele the entire Arcane Sanctuary in under a minute.

13. Dako

Dako IncGamers Member

14. Mio

Mio IncGamers Member

To all of you who have bothered replying. Thank you. I must say the nihi link is a very useful one, and as for memmo, I need to test the clockwise theory as I did not think of it that way before.

As for the three maps leading to halls of V, well after 10 runs you know exactly where the staircase is :eek:) Its the 4 directions afterwards that created a problem. Now, with your advise, I will be improving my percentages!

Being spoilt, having an enigma, it is not really an issue, BUT the simple fact how often one choses the wrong path, made me wonder of the correlation between red traffic lights, bad luck at d2 and Friday 13th.

15. Albrino

Albrino IncGamers Member

After doing about ten billion Countess runs, i've found (and this could be coincidence) that you can tell which way is correct by the hall width you are in. (i.e. wider halls usually lead to the stairs, or halls with more pillars are leading the correct direction)

16. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

I often find the nicest items by not looking for them. Today was a good example. I decided to take a day off from lvling my sorc by playing this zon I have. Since I'm not in a hurry to lvl her up I mostly just clear most of each act. so I did act5 (where I found a nice sup cv eth, couple of nice scs, 447 dusk 3os and some other small stuff I'll use for crafting). so I was happy with this. Later on I decided to do chaos by myself. A friend asked if I minded if he went in and leeched, I said no. So he followed me around. At the end of chaos as I was killing the monsters from the last seal a unique amulet fell. Figured xcouldnt be that good. But why not id and get a good laugh at it. turns out I got a maras. stopped playing once again. Came back later and opened yet another game. killed 3 monsters next to the wp to chaos and another unique ammy fell. This time it was highlords. all this with a zon that has absolutely no mf. So what I'm trying to say is: instead of just concentrating your efforts on the bosses? try killing ,,, well I call them itsy bitsy random monsters. Because you may be surprised by what you find.

17. Yrgsoth

Yrgsoth IncGamers Member

Follow the left wall in the Tower - will always get you to the next level. Sometimes quick, sometimes slow, depending on the map.

18. Beepy

Beepy IncGamers Member

...or could it be that it is always the last direction you check because you stop looking once you find him? ;p

19. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

Hardly, I was born friday the 13th as well and I have gambled a 30frw/3os diadem, rolled a perfect fortitude in 1350 sacred armor, found 3 griffons and a perfect eschuta ++++

Goodluck in your future runs.