Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

+5 larges

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Eblocher, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Eblocher

Eblocher IncGamers Member

+5 larges

I recently traded 2 +5 str and 3 +5 dex for a hunomonculous

I thought I got a great deal for charms that I found while leveling mules.

I assume these are highly sought after for LLD. Is it that or am I missing something and got taken?

Thanks in advance.

2. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

As far as i know, you got an incredibly great deal. I would not see any reason those charms are sought after for the following reason:

they take 2 slots, which is worth 10 to 20 stat points depending on character. thats up to 4 times as much as the str and dex charms.

Noone calculates such charms in their build. Only most people including myself keep some of those charms for backup in case you someday might find yourself with not enough str to wear something. If i have enough of those charms in my stash (i keep 20 dex and str on charms for backup) and i find more, they are for charsi, ormus or mallah usually.

I can immagine though, a very rich guy being desperate to get some str charms to wear his stormshield or whatever would do such a trade. There are quite some people out there for whom items like homuncules doesnt mean to much anymore.

edit: oh, i didnt read that LLD comment. might be possible, since i guess they have lower requirements than vita charms. never heard of it though...... ( I should really stop replying first, then reading better)

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

They are good for low level duel, however, you still got a very good deal, they are not that good, just some decent charms, good trade!

-Matt

4. Eblocher

I thougth so. I was a very experienced trader. Hadd +100 positive feedback on the marketplace when I used it. I gave away entire accounts and a level 99 sorcie once b/c I had too much junk sitting around.

Then I semi retired and gave almost everything away and suicided most of my old HC guys.

I kinda like starting HC over again, almost from scratch. Very enjoyable. But I took enough of a break to realize I don't know all of the nuances like I did back in 08 and 09. I didn't think I missed something but thanks for confirming. You are a thrower (well have given advice) if I remember correctly. I am an oldtime thrower as well. Good posts IMHO.

5. evils

evils IncGamers Member

sup eb.. been a while.. how's life treating you? ;) btw, if you see michelle on our old boards(i forgot the url), tell her i said she suck ;)

//Johnny

6. Eblocher

Ha I can go and post that now! I just responded to your other post. I am well as is the family.

What are you playing now? Got any extra ladder gear for an old bud? LLD stuff prefered :surprise:

7. evils

evils IncGamers Member

good to hear.. and no sorry, gave all my gear to CDC when i quit d2.. mostly playing old console RPG's at the moment.. might start lpaying guildwars when it's released.. we'll have to see about that :)

//Johnny

8. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

what realm? I'm on euro HCL.

9. Eblocher

Im on east but I remember your posts on the barb forum.

10. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

For low lvl duelers, e.g. kicksins that need to equip 125 str warboots, these charms can come in very handy.
    These charms are not that easy to accumulate quickly, and some lld's want things fast! (and some ppl obviously have too many homunculi).

11. det

det IncGamers Member

Somebody told me yesterday that Cowking boots are worth a fortune to LLD. Never thought about that when I picked them up in Cowlevel, after everyone passed them, thinking "Sanders".

Well, at least I gave them away to a friend who happens to indulge in LLD. No wonder he was so happy :lol:

Gotta hold on to those charms now when I find them, hehe

12. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

det: Being on the euro HCL, that's our everyday game - people not picking up CKB, selling sharps and carnages to Akara etc etc. It's good being on the least blood-thirsty realm of b.net :clap:

13. det

det IncGamers Member

However, starting a new Druid yesterday, I had a couple of guys fighting over a rare sash in act 1 Den of evil..can you believe it ?

14. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, I can. It's the total lack of point of reference people show. Those who fought for the rare sash probably have many souped up chars in their 70/80/90's with all sorts of goodies on them.

But the sash was yellow, and hence the I R FIRST gene kicked in. I'm sure.

Sorry for the OT. My view on +5 larges are that they are VERY good when it comes to return/scarcety. They are not that hard to find and for (mostly) duelling needs, they are the "poorer" man's choice. I had a lvl 25 harpooning PKK barb in 1.09. The dex req of some ~125 on the 'poons were very steep indeed. Now, I did know that I'd get a better return from using my stats in dex, and small vitas for life, but it was sooooo much cheaper and at least in the same dimension as the vitas when it came to effectiveness. Hence, I went for large dex charms and ended up with like 1200+ life anyway, carrying NASTY 'poons.

Point being: dex/str charms are ALOT chaper/easier to get than small vitas and hence, a more reasonable choice for many LL PVP chars - alot of bang for the buck so to speak!

15. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

There are tons of things most PvM people just discard that are highly tradeable, especially in bulk to LLD/PK builders.

You got a good deal, those charms are almsot worthless to most PvM guys!