Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

5% Faster Run Walk Scs

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by alphaz, Oct 18, 2010.

1. alphaz

alphaz Diabloii.Net Member

5% Faster Run Walk Scs

[1]According to credible sources, back in patch 1.09 and earlier the suffix "of inertia" on small charms spawned as 5% because of the coding in the game that automatically raised values below 5% to 5%.

[2]When patch 1.10 came, the coding was fixed/changed so that "of inertia" small charms gives 3% faster run walk. Apparently "of inertia" has always been intended to give 3%frw on small charms.

Question:
    Do 5%frw scs still give 5%frw, or is it only cosmetically 5%, but actually works at 3%frw after patch 1.10 came out?
    I was told that 5%frw sc does exactly what it says, 5% frw. However a few days ago someone tested his 40x 3/20/3frw scs vs his friend's 40x 3/20/5frw scs in a race in the blood moor, and the guy with 3%frw scs didn't notice any difference in run/walk speed. He did a few more tests, both zons wearing the same items and in the end of the test his friend told him he already knew that 5%frw scs work at 3%frw, but he still buy them because they are rare, even though it's worth much much more than a 3/20/3.
    Unfortunately, I wasn't in the game to confirm if their story was true, neither do I have that many 5%frw sc to test on my own.

Apparently the people at AB also had made a test and concluded that 5%frw sc is actually 3%frw, but the thread was so old and I can't find it.

Seems like a mystery to me :coffee:
    inb4d2issrsbsns

ps: How do I add tags?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

Re: 5% Faster Run Walk Scs

[​IMG]

3. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

When clicking "Go avdanced", the tool bar at the top has icons that add tags for you.

I don't know any of the charm technical stuff. >>

If the difference is noticeable, how about testing it? Likely, it'd be SP unless you have a ton floating around. ;P

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm pretty sure that they really add 5% frw, but better ask for further opinions before spending any resources.

5. alphaz

alphaz Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a bit lost there :scratchchin:
    I guess you like graffiti?

Thanks for the tips.

I don't think the test is valid on SP using hero-edited 5%frw sc, since that sc does not go through the same spawning mechanics as a 5%frw sc that spawned pre 1.10.

Have you tested it yourself?

I only have 1 5%frw sc. Well one could buy 40x unperm ones but I'm not going to do that :D
    Hopefully someone rich in-game can test this.

6. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

This can be tested in SP as well, much easier. I'm 95% certain the SCs work, that it's not only "cosmetic". Try the SPF, time travelers are common there.

7. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow Diabloii.Net Member

I think someone on this forum at one point said they work the same way. Obviously, I forget the details.

"in the end of the test his friend told him he already knew that 5%frw scs work at 3%frw, but he still buy them because they are rare, even though it's worth much much more than a 3/20/3."

Maybe his friend didn't want to seem like an idiot.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010