Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

5/5 Fire Facet Die

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Arkardo, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

5/5 Fire Facet Die

Hey,

I'm using a standard Fishymancer (20/20 skelletons, 20 Corpse Explosion etc.)and I just found a 5/5 Fire Facet Die. I've read in the Trade Value section that it's worth about 1-2 Ists. I'd like to know if it's worth it at all to socket it in my Arm of Leoric (or any other peace of equipment) to increase the damage of my CE. If my calculations are right, the fire part of the damage increases by 10%, so the entire damage from CE should rise by 5% for any monster that doesn't have any fire resistance. Of course, there are many Fire Immunes and this Jewel won't break it, so it doesn't help against them. But then again, Physical Immunes will receive much more damage than before.

On the other hand, my Summoner still needs Arachnids, either Soj or BK, Mara's Kaleidoscope (or an excellent rare amulet) and an Enigma. Would it be better to trade/save up for this stuff instead of increasing the damage from CE? What are your thoughts on this?

Any input would be highly appreciated! :)

Arkardo

2. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

I dont think the facet will do much for ure damage. Id prefer to fill up some of ure gears holes with the socket

3. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

I don't understand that last sentence, but I guess you're saying I should put other stuff in it. Then I'll try to trade it away, unless anyone else has a different opinion.

4. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

well thats what i ment ^^res if u lack ect ect.

5/5 really wont do much better off on a sorc .

5. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

CE does 50% fire damage and 50% physical damage of the total hitpoints of the corpse.

IIRC, your 5/5 fire facet will work at both increasing that fire damage, and by lowering non-FI monsters' fire resistance.

Having said that, that perfect fire facet is better off on a Meteorb. CE does not scale with more players in the game. And when you solo, CE is good enough without a fire facet.

6. Arkardo

Arkardo IncGamers Member

Alright, thank you guys! I really appreciate your help! :D