Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

4th Mephista death...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zarhrezz, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

4th Mephista death...

Well, Mephista just died again...and to something bugged again I believe. I got charged by one of the minions of Bonesaw Breaker. And I died to it. Instantly. Fine, but if I have 666 mana left after my death, something is wrong (in more than one sense =).
    See, I have a 95% ES, -45% all resists, 20/10% PDR, 24 MDR, 358 life and 2017 mana. Running some numbers:
    To reduce my mana to 666 from full in one hit takes 1801 initial damage. Ok, perhaps possible.
    1801 * 5% = 90 damage. Now in case of physical damage, this would be reduced to 63 damage ([70-20]*0.9) and in case of elemental damage somewhat amplified: 96 damage ([90-24]*1.45).
    So worst case is 96 damage with the given mana loss. Which is 262 damage short of killing me!
    To single hit kill Mephista, a monster needs to deal (358/1.45 + 24)/0.05 = 5418 elemental damage, which would result in 3860 mana damage. There should be no way that she can be killed from full life and mana without being totally mana drained when death occurs.
    Looks bugged to me.

2. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

Are you sure that ES absorbs elemental damage? I was always under the impression that Physical Damage only was absorbed.

It Elemental Damage is not absorbed, and you had -45% resist all, then it is perfectly possible that elemental damage killed you. Especially as minions of elementally enhanced monsters gain the same elemental attack.

3. dantose

dantose IncGamers Member

everything but poison should be absorbed. I think you are thinking of bone sheild which IS just physical

4. Zarhrezz

In my (now pretty vast) experience with ES, it does indeed absorb all damage types but poison (technically spoken, poison isn't damage, it's more like a negative regenerate).

Update: Took my 5th hell death. Killed by Korlic. Instantly. And he wasn't even on screen...

5. Ali Baba

Ali Baba IncGamers Member

This post isn't going to be any help, I am just wondering how you managed a 95% ES?
    Thanks,
    -Baba

6. MikeCarroll

MikeCarroll IncGamers Member

perhaps you werent at full mana when the lethal hit came? and how did you get 95% es O_O

7. Chaldan

Chaldan IncGamers Member

about +20 skills should get it to 95%

8. Zarhrezz

I was full life, full mana.

Slvl 40 ES maxes out at 95%. In my setup I reach that with +3 ES staff with Memory in it (for +9), +2 Harlequin, +2 Mara's, 2 * +1 SoJ, +1 Arachnid, 4 * +1 GC.

9. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

and if ES is bloqued at 90% or 85% ?

10. Black_KING

Black_KING IncGamers Member

666 number of the beast. And ur mana kill u lol :lol: