Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

4os jeweler's monarch of deflection...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by az-0k, Aug 29, 2006.

1. az-0k

az-0k IncGamers Member

4os jeweler's monarch of deflection...

since it has 20% increase block rate plus 30% FBR, the final block rating of the shield is 62%. this shield for my cl/fo sorc, so i put 4 lightning facet in the 4 sockets. i only got one question left, with 62% blocking rate, should i still go for pure vita, or does it make sense to achieve the max blocking rate? also according to my own calculation, i need 232 dex at lvl90 and 254dex at lvl99, could anyone double check that for me? thank you very much.

2. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

It depends on your playstyle. If you're going to be in close quarters combat, max block. If you're planning on standing back and letting your merc take the hits, max vita. At the end of the day, it really is as simple as that.

Your calculations are correct, except that you have to round up, not down (the programers had a sense of humour). So that would be 233 dex at clvl 90 and 255 dex at clvl 99.

3. az-0k

az-0k IncGamers Member

thanks for the max block calculation and thanks for the little tip on whether to max block or not. but usually ppl don't max block if using a spirit regardless of their playstyle, since spririt only got a 42 something base block. but with this shield, 62%, im really not sure if i should go for max block or what...

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Are you kidding? The only point of using something as ridiculously expensive as a Jeweler's Monarch of Deflecting is so that you can fill all those sockets with really nice stuff and attain max block. Otherwise you'd just use a plain 4os Monarch.

5. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

If you can afford a jmod, look into crafting a +2sorc, 10fc, 10%increased block safety ammy.

Magic ammy + Thul rune + Perfect Emerald + any jewel

6. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

The only point of using something as ridiculously expensive as a Jeweler's Monarch of Deflecting is so that you can fill all those sockets with really nice stuff and attain max block. Otherwise you'd just use a plain 4os Monarch.

That's your voice of reason right there.

7. dragosbaby

dragosbaby IncGamers Member

If its for pvp, then theres only 1 answer. Ofcourse you get max block :) You saved a lot of stat point with that shield. You need 233 dex at lvl 90. I used a block calculator to find this number, so maybe your 232 is accurate and the calculator is flawed.

If youre only for pvm, then gz on a mighty fine shield and i dont think you should worry about max block then. Just pump vita in that case.

dragosbaby

8. az-0k

az-0k IncGamers Member

yeah, i guess i should go with the max block.
    btw, how expensive and rare is this shield anyways?

9. zarul_europe

zarul_europe IncGamers Member

It could vary anything from 20-200 ists. Those shields are extremly rare. It all depends on the buyer.

10. emar

emar IncGamers Member

We shouldn't talk about prices here but on the US realms that shield is duped out the wazoo and is easier to come by. In fact it is on the Do Not Trade List for Ladder in USEast forums here: