Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

437(ish) LK runs (

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by shermo, Jun 7, 2005.

1. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

437(ish) LK runs (

After findin my jah, I've begun the endless search for a ber.

I tried out a few techniques; flayer jungle runs (that's where the jah came from), cow runs, and Lower Kurast/sewers runs.

Flayer runs got me 15-20 runes an hour and can drop up to cham
    Cow runs get me about 20-25 runes an hour and can drop to zod
    LK + sewers 2 runs - about 40 runes an hour but can only drop up to ber.

So I've settled down for some serious LK runs. My map is very nice. There are 2 sets of "fire" chests, the kurast sewers are about 6 tps from LK, sewers lvl 2 is about 7 tps from the stairs, and I encounter the Sewers lvl 1 sparkly chest on the way there.

I'm using a 200% fcr sorc, a fast run takes about 2 and a half minutes, a slow one 2:45.

Total runes: 901 at 38.6 runes an hour. s.d = 6.5 (i know this doesn't work out to 437 runs. I'm only using the results of my runs after I got the technique down)

Gul, um, pul, lem, fal, 4xko.

If I hadn't just found a jah, I'd be a bit disappointed.

Other stuff:

SC: 20life/1-40 lightning dmg, +5 all res/3 mf, 11fr/6mf, 19life/+4 all res, 19 life/+4 all res, 11lr/5fhr, 18life/15mana, 20life/2 mana

GC skillers: acrobatic, burning/7-11 fire dmg, entrapping, warcry/35 life, sparking, sparking/+4 str, mentalists, fletchers

Jewels: 38ed, 37ed, 15ias/29cr, 30ed/12max, 15ias/9max, 26max

onwards

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Very nice results :thumbsup:

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be at all dissapointed with those results. Did you really find 2 19 life/ 4 res all charms? Cause those are awesome charms. Gul, Um, and the rest of those runes are really good as well. There is no magic recipe for finding high-level runes. It simply takes forever.

4. MFMOFO

MFMOFO Banned

And i thought i have good small charms... :eek:
    Keep the runs going!
    May the Force be with you!

5. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

18/15 charm... now that is really sweet. Nice charms there. Really nice. Keep running these runs, interesting to read about and you will soon find that BER

6. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

I'd say those results look pretty good... especially w/ all the charms and jewels on top. You should look into Act 5 Pit runs see how they compare on speed/rune rate. The nice part is they can drop upto Zod thus making your chances of Ber a bit better.

7. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Damn, I thought the rune drops were defined by act as well as mlvl, hence no area of act 1 could drop that high and only act V would drop as high as zod. Gah, me da noob. Could have sworn I read that somewhere - just goes to show that you shouldn't trust everything you read.

MAAM

Edit: Double gah!! Re-read it and it was Act V pit runs. Makes me feel better about my previous assumptions though.

8. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Dissapointed? Those results are amazing. I've been playing for over 2 years and have only ever found one Gul rune and nothing higher. Plus some of those charms are amazing! (the jewels aren't bad either)

Congrats on the finds. If that dissapoints you then maybe only that BEr will keep you happy. :D

9. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

yup, and within a few runs of each other. I didn't realise I had 2 until a bit later on :D

I looked to see if there were any chests in act 5 that coincided with a WP, but there weren't.

Yeah, the gul rune was nice and the charms very much so. I guess my expectations are a bit skewed from my recent find

10. SincereX13

Sorry to confuse you... And in fact I think only one of the red portal mini areas is called the 'xxx pit' in act V but since I don't really recall their exact names I tend to generalize them as the Act V pits

11. tweety

tweety IncGamers Member

The chest at Bonesaw Breaker (if thats his name) in the Glacial Trail could be close to a waypoint in the rigth patch, plus you can kill a superunique for items.
    Don't know if anyone seriously ran this guy, but theoretically it should not be too bad.

12. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Check ATAM, The Pit can drop Zod, as any lvl85 areas. I'm pretty sure it was refer to The Pit. No one in his/her right mind will do A5 pit runs (not include the "crazy" minded). It just doesn't make any sense, since The Pit is better in every possible way.

13. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Mate, if you call this disappointing, then only Haxxxor can get you any better. You have hit the jackport.

Your rune luck is better than average. and you have amazing luck on charm and jewels.

The WF is with you. :clap:

14. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Monsters in Pit can drop all rune, the highest you can get from a chest there is Vex

15. SincereX13

They were what I was reffering to. I do Act V Pit runs w/ my Hammerdin and my Skellymancer.