Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

4087 soj has been sold to merchant, 4089...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by [FLS]prozerran, Mar 7, 2004.

1. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

4087 soj has been sold to merchant, 4089...

and above the shaken ground the long waited message appeared on my screen

DIABLO WALKS THE EARTH!

Overjoyed, my lvl 87 meteorb sorc (Asia2, HCL) quickly moved to stony field to find legendary arch-nemesis with whom I have yet to met. I figured with 1.2k life/600 mana, max resist and some fire absorb, along with +7 to all and +1 to fire, I would make him regret ever coming to the mortal realm. I cleared all the monsters around that area and headed to the stones. There he was, wearing the evil black coat, and fire rained down upon him (his own armageddon and my meteor). I meteor/fireball/orb/static him repeatedly, trying to take him down for my prize. However, the key point of the last sentence is the word "trying".

my sorc sucked *** vs dclone. Laggy night (400-600 ping all night) didn't help either. =[ The only time I brought him down to half life was via static while he's attacking my merc, but my orb (slvl 27, 18 CM) isn't doing anything to him, nor was my meteor or fireball working. I didn't have a wand of lower resist, so after realizing she's not doing enough damage to him, I spent half an hour trying to lure him over to blood raven and killed raven when she's right next to dclone. BUT HEY IT DOESN'T WORK EVEN THOUGH BLOOD RAVEN DIED 1 INCH AWAY FROM HIM. I wasn't in danger much besides the lagged teleport a couple of times since max resist with -magic dmg, along with ES, helped me survive. I wasn't dying, but neither was dclone. I spent half a million gold on reviving my merc but he wasn't helping much.

So I got fed up and load up my lvl 76 barb. He's a crappy concentrate IK barb wearing angelic ring/ammy and raven frost. My sorc can kill 3 times faster than he could generally, but I got nothing else to choose from. With 3k+ life and max resist I wasn't worrying much, so he was my last resort to kill dclone. (I have a blizzard sorc too but she's my early character and has crappy equipment) Amazingly my barb is actually damaging him! The only thing that can damage him was the fire attack, but I can dodge that easily without losing more than 600 life.

So basically what happened was that I kept trying to hit him along with battlecry once in a while to keep his defense down. I only had 66% chance to hit him and with his 50% block I wasn't hitting him very often, but he's not regenerating! Took me a while to think about this, but I suppose it's the poison damage on the maul and on my charms that stoped it. His armageddon isn't hurting me at all, and his lightning hose doesn't hit me very hard(dunno why). His melee is pathetic and cannot freeze me thanks to raven frost, and the only thing I had to run for was his flame attack, which can take out 2k life if I didn't run. So I kept a portal nearby, and just spank him and drink red potions periodically, and occasionally change my angle when he used firestorm. I never needed to use a purple potion besides the first time I got hit with firestorm even with lag. He didn't regenerate much when I refilled my red potions from town either. It took me about 10 minutes to kill him, and polly 10 trips to town as well (that's 80 red potions).

When he died he did drop the infamous annihilus, but when I checked the stats with it, it's one of the crappiest ones (12 attributes, 17 resist, 8 exp). But hey, it's my first annihilus so I'm happy with it. =)

(Edit: Sorry if this is too long or slightly off topic, but I had been a pretty well known battle reporter for SC back then and I can't resist to write a story about my adventure. =] )

2. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

12/17/8 an above average ani charm my friend. What do you think about my 14/14/5 ? :(

3. [FLS]prozerran

Sorry about that. Every time I read a guide and their mother they suggest that you can wear stormshield by "20 from anni, 20 from this and 25 this that and enigma etc...."

4. phatlewt

phatlewt IncGamers Member

Hehe!

I just got my Anni charm too, waited from 2971 to 2934 just now and killed him with a group of friends.

My Anni is 1/17/16/6, it's not the worst possible charm but I'm happy with it nevertheless.

5. cowtestickles

cowtestickles IncGamers Member

for future refernce man a good idea is to go to act 5 get eldrich to turn into d clone then get him to follow u to shrenk and kill shrenk and he dies. jsut my 2 cents (who the f#%$ is 50cent)

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Those tricks dont work anymore.

7. [FLS]prozerran

yah I'm suspecting the same because the blood ravan trick didn't work. Never tried the Shenk move though. It's such a pain in the arse to get him down the stairs I would imagine.