Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

400K Repair Bill!?!?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Ghola, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Ghola

Ghola IncGamers Member

400K Repair Bill!?!?

Hi folks! I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem:

I reached Nightmare level a few days ago, on the way collecting enough runes to make a "Holy Thunder" scepter for my paladin. I'm now reluctant to use this weapon because each time it takes damage - even a few durability - I am saddled with an enormous repair bill. Right now it is at 51 of 70 or so durability and the smith wants 484,000 gold to fix it. If I sold it I would only net 30,000.

Is this a bug? Should people not make runic weapons like this until much higher level (my paly is 46 right now)?

I'm at my wits' end. This is the only weapon I have that does sufficient damage to enemies in Nightmare. If it turns out I'm going to need thousands in gold, or a very rare rune, to repair it every time I won't know what to do.

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Use the recepie to repair your weapons.

3. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

It probably has that type of cost because of the +Skills it had before you made the runeword.

If you had made one without +Skills initially, it would've been much cheaper.

TH's suggestion is a good one... In the horadric cube:

1 Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully Repaired Weapon

Just use it until it gets down to 3 or somethiing very low, and then repair it.

4. Pyro@d2

[email protected] IncGamers Member

He right i made a White that needed 1 million repair and one ort rune cuased me much happiness :yep:

5. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Oh, there's another tip right there.... Always repair an item before runewording/socketing it.

Much Cheaper...

6. Ghola

Ghola IncGamers Member

Thanks for your prompt replies.

Seems my first attempt at using runewords will be a "learning experience." I didn't realize the +skills would be a factor in the repairs, and it may well be that the scepter was damaged a few points before I used it.

I'll hold out for another Ort I guess. When I checked for the estimated odds of getting one I didn't care for what I saw, but drops are a gamble anyway. At least next time I'll know better. Thanks again!

7. Jay20016

Jay20016 IncGamers Member

Every character is guaranteed 3 Orts in their lifetime, suffice to say if they actually do the Act5 rescue mission.

Other than that your next best place to find runes in general is the Act1 Countess. She'll at least drop one, though I normally get 3; I believe her scale is from El to Vex(?) so in doing a few you'll stumble upon a bunch of low ranked ones plus a good deal of crafting ones. It really is a win/win situation. If you actually kill many of the uniques on your way, I've had them drop some fairly good equip (Eth Corpsemourn with 1900 def, near perfect Viperfork, eth Vamp. Gaze, etc.)

8. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Dont worry about not having enough orts. If you go into the trade forums, you can easily get an ort for 2 pgems. (maybe even less)
    And Pgems are easy to make.