Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

4-socket shields

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by gbullit, Sep 2, 2006.

1. gbullit

gbullit IncGamers Member

4-socket shields

Hi! Where do you get 4-socket shields? :smiley:

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

The only shields that can have 4 sockets are Monarch, Aegis and Ward. For your Sorceress Monarch is pretty much the only option, since it is the one with the lowest str requirements of the 3. Monarch you can wear from lvl57 onwards and they require 156 str. You might try in Nightmare Cowgames, or the later Nightmare Act and also Hell ofcourse. Try your luck!

Or has anyone seen 4 socket Monarchs dropping in Act5 Normal or Normal Cow Level?

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Monarchs don't drop that early in the game.

4. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth IncGamers Member

Haven't seen it drop in normal, but you can find a monarch pretty commonly in baal games or chaos games, cows, pits, ect. They are not so rare in hell. If you find one that does not have sockets in it, you can do the socket quest in a5 and it will automatically get 4 sockets.

5. gbullit

gbullit IncGamers Member

Hi again, thanks for the information :smiley: Is it the same for 4-socket polearms for my mercenary? I already got the runes, but I can always get new ones :)

6. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Those will drop way earlier. Polearms like Scythes and such can already drop in Normal and have up to 6 sockets. 4 sockets are common. Open portal to Cow level and run that a few times. Should give you a Polearm after a few times.

7. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

It's said that having no MF equipment adds to your chance of getting "white" socketables

8. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

Running the pits seems to work, I've found a 4-socket Monarch and a non-socketed Monarch in there, along with a oodle of Superior elite white armors.

9. gbullit

gbullit IncGamers Member

Hi again, I think I was wrong about the 4-socket shield and polearm. I guess it's only for players on Battle.net and on a ladder. Anyway I managed to kill Baal, my mercenary stayed alive and helped a lot. I only had to keep him alive by giving him a few rejuvenation potions, so now I am in Nightmare :smiley: (not playing online)

10. gregorya

gregorya IncGamers Member

Yes, AFAIK having magic find decreases the chances of finding white or grey items.

11. Svanborg

Svanborg IncGamers Member

Re: 4-socket shields

Is it possible to get 4 socket kite shield as well?

12. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

no it can not.

13. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

my $0.02:

if you're after socketables ditch ALL thy %MF gear and run hell cows like a machine.

i've found a whole heap of nice pally shields around Nihlathak with 0%MF too btw.

14. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Even with lots of MF, your chance of finding whites still doesnt go down that much....

With 0MF, something like 98% of drops will be whites and 2% will be magic/rare/set/unique. With 200% MF, that drops to around 94% whites and 6% m/r/s/u. Not sure if those numbers are correct but you get the idea :)

A small amount of MF wont hurt you. If you stack up like 450+ MF, you may notice the difference, but I run a socket/charm hunting Bowazon who uses Travs for the +damage, and I dont really notice the extra MF turning my white drops blue too often.

Also, I dont think you cant find a 4 socket polearm in Normal Cows...at least I know you cant find a 4os Crystal Sword in Normal Cows. The number of max sockets is tied to ilvl; I'm not sure exactly what the min level is for a 4/5/6-socket polearm, but I'm pretty sure you need to get to at least A5 normal or A1 NM before a 4-socket polearm can drop.

Anywhere with high monster density is good for socket hunting. I like RoF/CS and Pits, personally, because of the relativley high monster density and the fact that they can drop every item in the game, specifically Archon Plates.

15. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

If you are playing single player I suggest that you check out the single player forum. There is a mod that is accepted in the forums that allows for ladder only runewords in single player. If you were aware of this sorry, but from your post I couldn't tell if you were opposed to using it or unaware of it. It is called the runeword mod if you choose to use it. There is a sticky at the top of the forum with all the information that you will need. Good luck in Nightmare difficulty.

16. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

you responding to 4 year old post...

17. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Well excuse me ;p

It appeared to me that this was a recent question since it was at the top of the forum. I did not bother to check the date that this original post was done. I do not blame the original bumper since he obviously did a search and didn't just ask the question. But <b>I</b> would have rather seen a new post with a reference that he did search the forum for the answer and not have this happen ;p

Thanks for the heads up though.

18. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Its a necropost on Meph too for bringing it back after a month :) Although he was able to mention Nihl without linking to his Nihl guide, which is impressive :D

19. KillaMike

KillaMike Banned

yeah, he likes to link everything to his guides :\