Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

4 Socket Flail

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Talmanes, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Talmanes

Talmanes IncGamers Member

4 Socket Flail

I don't really know if this the best place to ask this and I know I've seen some kind of guide out there that shows you these things but I can't find it anymore.

Where is the best place to find a 4-socket flail? I'm going for Heart of the Oak and wanted to have my wpn all ready.

Also, are flails the only things you can put this runeword in?

Sorry for the noobishness :wink3:

2. GreyGhost

GreyGhost Banned

Good places to find socketables include the pits (level 84+ areas), baals throne and cows.

Otherwise look in the trading forum.

HOTO can be made in staves and flails, since flails are the only mace class weapon (mace, morning star or flail) that can get 4 sockets. People choose flails over staves b/c flails are one-handed, allowing you to equip a shield.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Technically, this is the right place

I found two four-socket flails in act one nightmare early in a ladder season. Normal has the restriction of not being able to produce higher than three-socketed items, so the start of nightmare, during Stone of Jordan running on Andariel, is the best place. I'm not sure the chances of getting five, or if it's even possible, but there's no chance of getting a scourge roll and less chance of a knout, if I'm not mistaken. Just hit every casket, chest and little bastard on the way down... or you can trade for it cheap in the forums like GreyGhost said.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Any non-magical Flail between ilvls 25-40 (or something like that) will have a maximum of 4 sockets. Larzuk will give such Flails 4 sockets and the recipe will have 1/2 chance of doing it.

I suggest you pay some visits to the Cow Level in Normal. Cows are mlvl 28 so such Flails should be fine. Don´t use the normalizing recipe on low quality ones, though, becuase then the max is only 3 sockets.