Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

4 fpa Zeal without Fanat?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by mechkage, Apr 13, 2008.

1. mechkage

mechkage IncGamers Member

4 fpa Zeal without Fanat?

Hi everyone, as the thread states, I would like to achieve a 4 fpa Zeal without use of Fanaticism and am wondering if its possible or even worth it.

I am planning to make a duel dream pally which uses a 1pt zeal and 20 point sacrifice synergy. Then, of course, max lightning resist to synergy the aura's pulse and the lightning added to attack. Conviction will be the main aura. And some points to Holy shield lastly. Basically I am trying to deal equal parts physical and lightning damage.

I would like to use a Might merc to increase the physical damage of the Zeal, so I wont be using a Faith merc. So basically I want to achieve a 4fpa Zeal without using Fanaticism. With a phase blade I beleive I need 80% IAS to get this according to that speed calculator. If I used a BOTD PB (60%), I'd only have to equip and Highlord's(20%) ammy. But the base damage of a BOTD PB isnt nearly much as a Grief PB. But with the Grief PB(30-40%) I'd need to wear Treachery armor(45% IAS) if I had an above avergae IAS on the grief. But if i wore treachery I couldnt use Enigma, Fort, or CoH.

I'm not including other sources of IAS like LoH cause I will wear dracs, andy's cause I will use dream helm, and the belt with 10 IAS cause it doesnt really help me reach 80%.

So which is better BOTD PB with Engima/fort or Grief PB with Treachery? Or have I made some terrible mistake in logic and 4fpa isnt even possible without Fanat? I'd greatly appriciate any opinions, advice, or corrections to my logic.

Thanks

2. accipite

accipite IncGamers Member

Re: 4 fpa Zeal without Fanat?

My suggestion is max fana and use it as main aura, give ur act2 merc a infinity.

3. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Re: 4 fpa Zeal without Fanat?

4 FPA is possible, as I have done it before, IIRC. I say go with the grief and treachery. It makes it easier to use crescent moon as well (which does absolute pwnage vs non light immunes).