3rd teaser is up

Drixx

Diabloii.Net Member
3rd teaser is up

So,

1st day - Rune from frostmourne: Representing the Warcraft Franchise
2nd day - Rune from Diablo 2: Representing the Diablo Franchise
3rd day - Rune from StarCraft 2: Representing the StarCraft Franchise

There's only really a few things that could be going on here.

1.) This splashscreen hype is all just to hype the WWI and isn't going to finish with revealing a new game or any significant information at all. It's just hype. Personally, this outcome would royally piss me off.

2.) The splashscreen's are designed to build hype for the announcement of Diablo 3. Before this 3rd one, this seemed the most likely to me; however, not so much now.

3.) If you look at it... the rune's represent the order that the franchises were birthed. I remember playing a Warcraft : Humans and Orcs PCGamer demo in 1994 or so.

Diablo released on Aug 31, 1997

Starcraft released on March 31, 1998

So the runes have lined up with the franchises in the order in which they were initially released to the gaming world. The teasers leading up to SC2 had a historical order of games sequence to them. Perhaps these teasers are for the announcement of the as yet unannounced new IP that Blizzard is working on... they're going in chronological order through their major IP's and the next clues will be things we can't find a reference for, because they are associated with a project we as of yet know nothing about.

I am cautiously hoping for Diablo 3 ... but at this point the teaser would have to be deliberately misleading us away from D3 for that to be what's coming. I would say hope, but don't get your hopes up.

DinnDinn

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: 3rd teaser is up

I already had them up! what now ? :p

Royally pissed off would not even discribe it...

Skab

Diabloii.Net Member

I think it's safe to say that whatever they have planned, they've thrown us all for a loop.

Just have to wait and see what the next image shows us.

Painman

Diabloii.Net Member

Blizz has a far higher opinion of itself than it deserves... that is my sole and final conclusion.

Mestre Crjspim

Diabloii.Net Member

1.) This splashscreen hype is all just to hype the WWI and isn't going to finish with revealing a new game or any significant information at all. It's just hype. Personally, this outcome would royally piss me off.
On an quick answer, I would say that this is correct... however, I have noticed that Blizzard isn't quite interested in denying this hype around a Diablo III game and with the news posted today here on diabloii.net, I can see a valid argument for some hope. The so famous splash image can really only be a mega-hype to WWI, but 3 runes from 3 different franchises can directly mean that something concerning Diablo world is on the forge and will be possibly unveiled.

sirroman

Diabloii.Net Member

IF they are trying to bring a NEW franchise I would be kinda of pissed off. But...

Well... So, there will be a fourth rune that we don't know? hmmmm... If that's true, then it's a new game. We should wait.

And pray that you're wrong. xD (sorry)