Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3OS on Griswold's Heart...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by EmperorMoo, Apr 11, 2008.

1. EmperorMoo

EmperorMoo IncGamers Member

3OS on Griswold's Heart...

... what should I put in them?

The build is a cheesy -

20 sacrifice
    20 zeal
    20 fanatacism
    20 (ish HS)

not bothering with MF as I have dedicated chars for that, don't see resists being a problems, therefore %ED jewels?

If so, does anyone know the highest amount of %ED on a jewel - I've got a couple of ~35, is that any good?

2. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

Re: 3OS on Griswold's Heart...

40% ed is max, so 35 ones are pretty good, especially if they have 2nd mods

3. Starlight_Wizard

Starlight_Wizard IncGamers Member

I would put two red-colored 35+% ED jewels (try to make the total 70% or 77% ^^) and a p. ruby, in this order:

Jewel
    P. Ruby
    Jewel

Because it's Griswold's *Heart* :grin:

(I'm not joking. Seriously :badteeth:)

4. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

ED would be nice, and a generally safe choice.
    However, those ED jools would serve you better if socketed into a weapon, either for this build or other builds. Unless you have lots of those.

You might want to consider Shael (20% FHR) or Sol (DR 7).
    Both serve the build well. :smiley:

--maxgerin

5. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

triple sol is the only way to go. As well as shield and helm... :rolleyes:

6. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

Basically anything you wished you had more of. If you are feeling you hurt in damage, ed jools, life prubies/sol's, mf(although you said you didnt) topazes etc.

what are your caddy socketed with? what is your full gear?

7. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

It has yet to be determined that he uses Griswold's at all. x). My suggestion is either minimum or maximum damage jewels. You have loads of %ED, so a couple of those jewels would put you over the top, damagewise.

8. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

A Shael rune or two for FHR gets my vote, with maybe a Ral and/or Ort for resistances.

... cheap, effective, and useful.

9. Starlight_Wizard

Starlight_Wizard IncGamers Member

Um Shael Um is nice for 20% FHR and 30 resists, too. Or Shael Um Shael, or even 3x Um if you have some runes lying around (I don't, I just spent my nine Ums making 3x Oath + Kingslayer :p)

If you're going for PDR, I think you're way better off with Glad's Bane s/ Sol + Gerke's s/ Sol + 25 pdr amulet + any hat with Sol. You don't need full Griswold's for PDR, nor is it the best choice for it :)

Either way, Gris's armor is a damn nice armor I must say. Use it wisely, young padawan.

10. Magicboy

Magicboy IncGamers Member

I would stuff it with ruby jewels of hope.

Great ED, extra life that prubies give. A tad bit expensive though

11. EmperorMoo

EmperorMoo IncGamers Member

Thanks for input everyone.

In response to a couple of points:
    1) Gris Heart is the first part of the set I've found, and I'm hoping to complete it thru another 60,000 Pindle runs :wink: [or however many it takes]

2) I was a touch optimistic with the amount of %ED jools I have, only 2 @ 17 - 30%, and only 1 has a good suffix.

I've only just noticed the rest of the set is full of sockets too :shocked: - pretty customisable set, then.

As my 'din is only lvl45, I think I'll leave the sockets open until late Hell, then refer back to this thread if I'm still unsure about how to use those sockets.

12. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Before you decide, please keep this in mind...

Griswold's (to me) is a nice 'cheap' option, and therefore only worthy of 'cheap' socket fillers. It's certainly a usable armour, but it really isn't that spectacular (read: Griswold's is only "great" for a few specific builds, but your zealot isn't really one of them). I stand by my previous suggestion (Shaels, Orts, Rals... and add PRubies to that list), but if you come across some of the higher-end socket-fillers listed in this thread (Um, 35+% ED jewels, etc.)... I'd be most likely to find a better armour to put them in.

For example, an Um would put you a long way towards making Duress or Stone, and I'd rather have either of those for your build. Or if you need resistances and have some medium-high runes, a Smoke or Treachery armour is better. Gloom & Lionheart are also better than Griswold's, in my opinion, (it's just that all six of these runewords are 'more expensive' than Griswold's, so they're less likely to be an option you have available). There are also a few uniques that might be a better 'fit' for a fanazealot (I'd take about 1/2 of the Exceptional Unique armours, and maybe even a Twitchthroe Studded Leather, before choosing a Griswold's).

So before you socket something "nice" into Griswold's armour, you should see if there are better options instead.

13. NeoKnuckles

NeoKnuckles IncGamers Member

One thing I use my Gris for is to allow my mercs to use heavy sticks. Bonehew requies 195 STR. Insight Colossus Voulge (not so popular here, but it's a lazy man's insight stick) requires some really high STR. With Gris, you can socket some P Amethyst as well as some cheap res runes and you have yourself a decent (not great, but decent) cheap merc armor that nets you enough STR to wear these heavy sticks.

Gris inherently gives +20 STR. Do the math yourself to see how many a fully P Amethysted gris armor can give you.

And if you plan on doing enough pindle runs to get you the other 3 pieces (good luck, I think all 3 of them are TC84 or 87) you're surely going to be swimming in these armors, so it's not like you're going to be "wasting" these sockets so to speak.