Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3chips/sword crule blades...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by shelliekatina, Sep 7, 2006.

1. shelliekatina

shelliekatina IncGamers Member

3chips/sword crule blades...

is this possible anymore? i remember haveing lots of fun makeing crule blades back i nthe day. if so what level do you have to be to get crule col blades or (now with the new cube rec. zerker axe)

or what level necessary to get crule on the crafting rec for zerker axes?

i did a search and found no info 8(. thanks in advanced ^^

Shellie

:jig:

2. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

hum.. in patch 1.10 some changes to the recipes were made, which (I think) prevent the chipped recipe from rolling cruel weapons, even if the weapon is top stuff, like a colossus blade.

There are other recipes that still give cruels, like the 3 flawless + weapon or the 3 normal gems + socketed weapon. The weapon has to have a certain quality level for it to roll cruels (colossus blades, for instance, can).

3. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

It's still there, it's just that no one uses it anymore because it's a giant waste of time and resources.

And it's spelled "cruel", m'k?

4. shelliekatina

why is it a waste? im just wondering. id much rathe make a cruel sword then buy a BoTD from ebay...

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

It's a waste because you can get the runes to make something much better doing countess runs in the time it will take take to get all those chipped gems. You also certainly don't need eBay to get a BoTD.

6. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Sorry, but the recipe was nerfed in a major way with v1.10, making chips worthless. The old recipe could make a cruel (of quickness if you were lucky) with 3 sockets. The new one is as follows:

3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
    This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=25 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.

That ilvl of 25 means the sword will be garbage.

Sorry!:undecided:

7. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

its a good formula to use for low lvl frenzy barbs using 2 swords that need need lots of mods, if ther still kinda weak add some gems for better elemental dmg

8. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

If you start with a weapon with a high enough qlvl, you can still get cruel and stuff like that. (The formula uses the qlvl if it is higher than the ilvl.) I can't remember which weapons can get cruel right now, but I'm sure there is a list somewhere.

Of course, as has already been pointed out, there are some low cost runewords and not so hard to find uniques that will beat most of these chippy rolled weapons. So, the recipe got a minor nerf (losing a socket) but the real difference is the other items available in the game got a lot better.

Edit: For crafting, I'm pretty sure that Zerker axes can always spawn cruel, no matter what the ilvl/clvl, due to it's high qlvl, so just make sure your finished ilvl will be at least 71 to ensure 4 affixes.

9. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

I don't know about qlvl-vs-ilvl, but I agree with you that the other items in the game got a lot better. The monsters in the game got a lot stronger too, making the old CCB's I had on my old v1.09 frenzy barb pretty weak in v1.10. They were a couple of the first items I gave away. The point is nothing you make using that formula is going to be all that useful or tradeable, whereas in v1.09 it could create endgame weapons.

10. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I kept a few Cruel weapons for a memento of the "good ol' days" I never got a really good one but came close a few times. Burned a couple of good jewels socketing them too. Too bad you can't reclaim the jewels and runes when using the Hel-Scroll cube recipe.

11. shelliekatina

sure you dont have to get a BoTD off of ebay but good luck getting the items to trade for a ZOD or finding a ZOD rune for it. anyways thanks for the info guys ^^

12. obiwansbane

obiwansbane IncGamers Member

lol if someone knows exactly wat the recipe is along with what will almost 100% roll it, and put it all in one neat post for me i really wanna try this out... i dont care if it wastes resources i wanna see what it is

its sounds sexy :smile: <-- the only smiley i know :D

13. shelliekatina

its 3 chips with any magical weapon of elite quality gets a "chance" to roll a cruel (what 200-300% damage?) with another suffix and 1-2 sockets. so a barbarian trying for a WW sword can use a cruel collosus blade with 2 shaels to get there target WW speed. dont go out of your way to get this as an end game weapon but id say atleast use what chips yo find to give it a try if for anything cool facter. if you use a merc try it for a good weapon for him. get a crule ele polearm and stick a couple amn runes in it. use an act 1 merc? try a hydra bow. like others said there are better out there but if you liek to make your own weapons and want a bow or sword (which yo ucant craft) try useing your gems for that chance.

14. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

It's easy to get one within a month if you make a lightning sorc to run keys, and then a smiter pally to collect organs. 3 organs is all you need on east or west. You could do it in half the time if you wanted to.

15. shelliekatina

i was gone for too long i guess. idk what an organ or a key is... so anyone can get a zod rune easy now? and thus a botd? i guess i should go back a patch or 2 or go back to modding ^^

16. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Keys are dropped by Countess, Summoner and Nilathek ((sp) act 5) but only in hell and infrequently. Cube three keys in hell act five to open portal to find super Izuel, Durial or Andy (Lilly) They drop "organs" ie. Horn, Eye and so on. Cube the Organs and open Tristram to find three super critters, Baal Diablo and Mephisto. When all three and their minions are defeated you get a charm, called a torch.

If you have a key runner and find enough keys to sell, or find enough charms you can trade up to a duped Zod. Hours of work for a rune you my lose in the next "rust storm."