Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

35 vita vs +3 to bo

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Loptop, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Loptop

Loptop IncGamers Member

35 vita vs +3 to bo

which gives more life?

//this is debating on bvc about 2 doomZ cuz with not 174 str with dooms, coa could pop. and dont realy need str tho since i never use fort or doom to duel, only time i wanna use doomZ is when ppl have 1 life.

35 vita=140 life
    +3 to bo =??????

2. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

looks like ea lvl gives 3% increase of life
    if i'm not wrong you have lvl 34 bo with 2 dooms which would be 134% increase of life, you can do the math from there
    on the other hand you will highly unlikely die to an oponent with 1 life when you flashing with dooms , so i wouldnt worry about poping the coa

oh and if you want we can test /w *mainaman4

3. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

35 vita = +140 life as you said.
    +3 to bo = +9% life, which is ~9/139 = 0.0647482, aka 6% increase in life.

Now, let's assume no stat points added, without any +life from any charms or gear, only the quests, and lvl 90:

((89*2)+55+60+140)*2.39 = 1034.87

Now, with the added 9%.

((89*2) + 55 + 60) * 2.48 = 726.64

Now, there's a clear difference. Now, let's assume pure vitality to lvl 90, and +600 life from charms, and +40 vitality from torch and anni:

Dooms:
    (((89*5) + 15) * 4) + 55 +(89*2) + 60 + 600 + 140) * 2.39 = 6866.47

Hotos/whatever:
    (((89*5) + 15) * 4) + 55 +178 + 60 + 600) * 2.48 = 6777.84

So the Dooms seems to win.

However, I wonder, where do you get +3 bo? Cta+hoto?

Btw, you SHOULD add that amount of STR. You see, 174 - 40 - 68 = 66, so 66 base str WITHOUT DRACULS. With Dracul's it's 51. Not too much of a loss.

To Mainaman: I will level up my barb a few times just to have enough STR to use CoA + Dooms + Trangs, for example, vs. PubBowaZons and in TvTs.

Oh, did I mention that Dooms are always better than Hotos or Cta+Hoto due to the aura? And yes, the added 140 life IS greater than the added amount of +life% due to already having a huge bunch of +life%.

@Halciet: Wow nice fast job: That post appeared before I edited, and it was gone after I was done editing ~3 rows of text.

4. mainaman

yep my stat distr is 64 base str (19 stat anni 20 stat torch)
    so i can use coa+trangs+arachnid+gores
    if i really need fortitude (only in xtreme cases against really high def taping smiters) i can still use coa+dracks with my 27 str ow belt
    anyway Lopov investing alittle bit of strenght is definetely worth it
    my barb has 6.6k life with pub set up and if i decide to go angelics he has 6.8k not bad amount of hp imo. Definetely go 2xdoom its so useful in pubs ...

5. Loptop

Loptop IncGamers Member

as 3bo i mean loss of coa+1 of each doom (2/3 max on each)
    im using 2x falfald wpns atm cuz too poor (thx to gay njaguar)

i had 64/57 build but since i never use fort +doom(i find doom sucky to use as hit wpn), i decided to remake as almost base str
    hmmm
    anyway i wanna use doom coa.....ill see :sad2:

btw: fort sucks vs good smiter imo

6. mainaman

depends how you duel them if you maintain decent run speed it boosts your dmg so much more than when you use enigma.
    I talked to luis19 about dueling really good telesmiters and his responce was there are 2 ways
    fortitude+angelics because fortitude gives more dmg than smite
    or enigma but you need to tele from skreens away and pass by ww them then get out of sight.
    i think i found a good way to deal with them, just make sure you move alot , then the nl dont work as you have to be actually still for it to catch, then just ww in random directions.
    Im plannig on dueling Chaotic and Mrplow to test that , it worked against another good telesmiter...

7. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

63/57 is NOT for Fortitude+Doom, it's for Beast + Fortitude + Hsarus + STR ring + CoA and Fortitude + TGod's + CoA + Beast. You can use Dooms + CoA + Dracs at lvl 90 with 52 base STR. I'm gonna use 65/57 on my BvC and lvl to 92 to use Trangs + CoA + Dooms, because I plan to use Trangs as pubsetup.

Vs. Good telesmiters and/or desynchers yes.

8. Loptop

Loptop IncGamers Member

mrplow's smiter is dead, not sure about chaotic
    i dueled that bobcraig dude and owned him, then he juved :grin:
    and u dont gotta tele vs tele smiters, just do short random wws in random direction

and ill wait 4 nl, maybe martin will buy me *boots* so i can put 17 less str :D

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You shouldn't depend on your duped boots vs. Smiters. The extra +15% deadly strike adds 11.7% chance to do double damage. So you will do 1 more deadly strike hit in 10 hits.

10. mainaman

bobcraig is overrated
    chaotis is best ive dueled but i used the wrong strategy , basicaly lots of movement and random wws will do the trick because as i said nl cant catch on fast moving object.
    as for str boots as CeOlba said never use them to build your barb arround
    they are only for stack and nothing else.

11. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

What about pubgames? Triple resistance boots are also used there. To reach high/max resistances vs. pubbuilds so that you do not die quickly. However my BvC seems to fail in this (60 PR with anyas) but he still does damn well. I barely ever take my triple resistance boots off in pubgames.

12. mainaman

im not saying dont use 3 res boots, im saying dont build your str stats arround 3 res str boots. else one risks to cripple the gear switch possibilities of ones barb.
    for me only time i use res boots is v/t's, fohers pretty rare chars to meet in pub games on east ladder in pub games