34 dueler

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
34 dueler

Well folks, I'm bored.

I want to make a 34, but I am drawn as to how to create it...

Origionally I wanted a powerhouse type of barb...Then I realized I didnt have the funds for that so I went with an older idea.

Guilmes face (+17 max jewel)
Plate of the squid (+45)
String
Angelics
Water walk
Blood fists
Whistans (3pd in stash)
Cold Steel eye

Critcal percent : 65% + mastery
Crushing : 35%
Life esimate : I dispise the "Lemme get my other barb's bo" so I'd imagine in the area of 1.7k

My biggest problem lies in the fact that 1) Will it do enough damage? I question it's output. 2) What is the dueling scene full of on east now? If there' a bunch of sorcs running around, I'm obviously going to build something to have fun with those, I'd imagine there's always the good old chargers around which this would seem to anhiliate pretty quickly...

My secondary thought was "Hrm, eth steel driver whirler" as 450 ish wepon damage is quite tastey, though I would miss that 50% critical strike and 75% block quite badly....but it'd let me duel sorcs like Kime's or Aza's more liberally, as one good pass and they would probably go down...

My other option is a bit odd to me...but it's worked in the past. lvl 36, eth Heart carver whirler... Since I have no mastery to pump, natres/inc speed...

Guilmes face
lanceguard
Heart carver

All of those add up to alot of chances at a critical strike and the 150 1handed damage of the dagger is nothing to laugh at either...

The communities thoughts?

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
NightShade said:
Well folks, I'm bored.

I want to make a 34, but I am drawn as to how to create it...

Origionally I wanted a powerhouse type of barb...Then I realized I didnt have the funds for that so I went with an older idea.

Guilmes face (+17 max jewel)
Plate of the squid (+45)
String
Angelics
Water walk
Blood fists
Whistans (3pd in stash)
Cold Steel eye

Critcal percent : 65% + mastery
Crushing : 35%
Life esimate : I dispise the "Lemme get my other barb's bo" so I'd imagine in the area of 1.7k

My biggest problem lies in the fact that 1) Will it do enough damage? I question it's output. 2) What is the dueling scene full of on east now? If there' a bunch of sorcs running around, I'm obviously going to build something to have fun with those, I'd imagine there's always the good old chargers around which this would seem to anhiliate pretty quickly...

My secondary thought was "Hrm, eth steel driver whirler" as 450 ish wepon damage is quite tastey, though I would miss that 50% critical strike and 75% block quite badly....but it'd let me duel sorcs like Kime's or Aza's more liberally, as one good pass and they would probably go down...

My other option is a bit odd to me...but it's worked in the past. lvl 36, eth Heart carver whirler... Since I have no mastery to pump, natres/inc speed...

Guilmes face
lanceguard
Heart carver

All of those add up to alot of chances at a critical strike and the 150 1handed damage of the dagger is nothing to laugh at either...

The communities thoughts?
psh, one pass my ass ^^ (I couldnt pass up the rhyme)

well, I have a heartcarver/lanceguard druid. And sadly they are not waht they used to be in .09. He gets mauled by any other kind of druid, and I thought his gear was quite good :(

I'm not opposed to a steel whirler, maybe you could have some fun and try a steel zerker ^^

Looking at the current 3x/4x duelers, there are alot of druids and a few babos running around. I'd say for secks points and originality purposes, give the DS build a try. go with the carver and the lanceguard and see how much dmg you can get out of that. If it doesnt work, mo wells you can rebuild, at least you're not cutting the cookie right ;)

Lemme know you can have a go with my 35 hammy before the sorc takes you apart ;)

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
I contemplated a steel zerker...Too slow to be practical unfortunately. Shame.

14fpa....Doubt I could do much.

The cold steel eye zerker would be a sub par damage dealer me thinks.

Lemme guess, lots of druids going the driver/rib cracker route still?

Ran the damage on the zerker, 980 or so using 12 +5 sharps, the rest lifers...With a modest dmg eth driver, maxed BO for the level

1.7 attacks per second is something that makes me cringe how ever...Landing a nice smack would net some Nice pain intake, (Even more if it criticalled...Owch for 2k pvp).......That damage makes it mighty tastey. If I lost 2 max jewels and went for deaths glove/belt combo I could hit 1.9 attacks per second..which doesnt seem to make that much of a difference.

Have to Change up deaths/string, and res would be a problem (as I'd restrict this to mainly dueling casters...With luck.)....On switch ofcourse would be a 3pdtower and probably a dext boosting wepon (skewer of krinz or some crap)

Would be a REALLY fun pker tho ^^. The problem is lack of catching skills...I'll need quite a bit of RW to run down a sorc

PawnOfChaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, lemme know if you can get damage out of a coldsteel whirler.

I have a 31 cs barb who is probably 80% geared, including a 15 maxed atod, and i'm REALLY disappointed with the damage (don't remember off hand what it is, just that sparing with my bro produced bad results).

If you can get them to work in 1.10, please share the secret.

Jeff

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
If my long dead protoge' billy were here he could tell me more accurately.,..

I'll probably go for the driver zerker, as it's not very cookie and would be a real stomper to pk with until I met some one who wanted to fight

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
NightShade said:
If my long dead protoge' billy were here he could tell me more accurately.,..

I'll probably go for the driver zerker, as it's not very cookie and would be a real stomper to pk with until I met some one who wanted to fight

why not go leaper

NightShade

Diabloii.Net Member
probably my best bet, as I ran the math again and realized that if I went with Leap attack I'd end up with ALOT more damage (600 pvp more to be exact)