Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

320,000 Battle.net Accounts banned yay!! =D

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by oscarmk1, Apr 21, 2010.

1. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: 320,000 Battle.net Accounts banned yay!! =D

Me, too. I surely won't on anything but failing to trade and not ask how it came that far. It would still be nothing but speculation.

2. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm I don't think this will change anything...the botters already have dozens of cdkeys and most of them never got linked to a bot. They also have tons of items on mules that were never touched by bots.

The worst thing is that Warden doesn't ban for all the hacks, but only for a minority of them. Botters will stop using that particular hack that get them banned and use another one that doesn't. Blizzard should have a look at some forums were bot creation is discussed, maybe they would understand how big is the task of removing all the botters...

But that's great news anyway...

3. DayDream

DayDream Diabloii.Net Member

stupid warden..

i have to start over now..

KIDDING!

4. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

Actually, experienced botters know well to separate their mains from their workers, so it is really quite a breeze to start over

5. vdzele

vdzele Diabloii.Net Member

One of my cd keys is banned. I was not warned at any time that I violate rules, as they claim they do for those 1st time offenders. They say that your cd key will be banned for 1 month as a warning.

I was banned because I used xxx.dll to start 2 games on one OS. More that ever I am now convinced that this Blizz policy has nothing to do with fair playing and everything with greed. I guess among 320,000 banned keys are many as my case that play fair but are annoyed with muling on Bnet. Maintaining this annoying situation makes much money for Blizz. Mods don’t try to convince me that I am wrong.

I have a question, is duping really fixed? I did not notice that much offers in rare items…so is it?..

6. krischan

:rolleyes:

OK, I will convice just the others then. When using the term "you", I mean the general reader and not vdzele :p

1. I agree that Blizzard can benefit from people who have to buy new licenses, but people are free not to do that. It's not that Diablo is something you cannot live without and if it is for some reason, you would need help.

2. Each time you log in, you receive a warning at the right part of the game screen that using 3rd party software leads to consequences and apart from that, mass bans have happened various times before. I won't believe anybody who claims that he didn't know it. Even if it was true, it would be his own fault to have overlooked it.

I believe that people who complain about being banned for e.g a hacked dll are actually looking for an excuse to blame somebody else for things which they did wrong themselves. We only believe what we want to believe, after all.

7. Technomancer

Technomancer Diabloii.Net Member

@vdzele: Same thing happened to me in the last ban wave a couple years ago (for the exact same reasons as you) and I stopped playing until this last patch/reset. Since then I've been using fast user switching (winXP), and while it isn't as quick and painless, it gets the basic job done. I was a little anxious when I read about these last bans since I hadn't heard that f-u-s was ABSOLUTELY cool, but my accounts/keys are all fine.

Being able to run 2 copies is critical to me for muling. If I couldn't do that, I'd resign myself to single player or just play other games instead. At that rate, the only thing that could have gotten me back on bnet is if they ever did the responsible thing and added a shared account stash.

8. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

This. I believe using hacked dlls is only wrong if you are not on teh single player forum, or when you got caught for it.

9. vdzele

Fair enough. After all, convincing an old oak is a futile task. :banghead:

What about my question? Did you notice that duping has stopped?

10. Arkansaw

Arkansaw Banned

Duping did not stop obviously, where do you think the annis come from?

11. vdzele

Mass botting?

12. motoucle

motoucle Diabloii.Net Member

Guys, stop saying that the bots are still there...

From what i know so far only the accounts that were using some MH were banned and for some other 3rd party programs. but not for bots only.

And yes, even those banned (the vast majority at least) will make a very fast come back as they have tons of gear stashed....

13. Timmy

Timmy Diabloii.Net Member

I suspect Blizzard is behind all the spam bots and shops. How else are they financing free servers for over 10 years :p

I'm more annoyed by spambots than by baal and choasbots, atleast I can steal their drops and get xp :p

14. Timmy

If it's true what you are saying that bots are not being banned, what makes you think Warden will not come with a 2nd banwave?

I think Warden will come with a 2nd banwave, but this time it will hit all the bots wiht their precious gear on :p

( but the spambots will always remain it seems. It's never been a priority for Blizzard. And the solution for temp banning people for joining games too fast doesn't work, it hurts the legit players alot )

15. krischan

Good to see that you haven't lost your humour.

No, but a lot of them have to pay cheating fees again. It has a slight smell, but I can live with that. In case you believe that it's hypocritic to allow trading HRs at the same time: I could live with it as well if there was no duping at all and HRs would cost far more.

Uhm... no. Annis come from selling lots of sojs to vendors which are produced by duping, not by bots.

16. Timmy

Nah, Anni's comes from popping a server on non-ladder while a mass team is all logged on the same server on ladder.

Huge profit :crazyeyes:

17. Timmy

I think most duping is done for shops only. They are trying to make as much real money as possible. And when people have all their shiny hammerdins, then they'll flood battle.net with their dupes.

( when they run out of paying customers )

18. Bongstrocity

Bongstrocity Diabloii.Net Member

There are German words that aren't obscenities?

19. mihnea

mihnea Diabloii.Net Member

1. Annis came from Soj's mass-collected on NL during the previous ladder. These SoJ's got sold en-masse during the first days of the new ladder, then got exhausted. If you look now on DClone Hunting sites, all of the servers are cold.

2. There is no duping method available to date, at least not one used on a large scale. The only way to dupe items is to crash servers, which would have been noticed by now. As such, runes until now are legit, because it's possible to find them, due to the increased drop rate, especially in lvl85 areas.

3. The botters weren't banned at all, the flagship of the banned applications was a measly 3rd party maphack, whose network packets were a little too obvious for the warden. Ironically, a lot more non-botters were banned than botters using also the maphack.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  20. krischan

Where did I say that there are any?