30 Blizz Sorc - where to put skill points?

TheNorthman

Diabloii.Net Member
30 Blizz Sorc - where to put skill points?

I got the usual suspects (i.e. warmth, tp, etc) plus:

ICE BLAST: 18
BLIZZ - 6
COLD MAST - 1

Where should I spend em now?

Reticent Drappa

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: 30 Blizz Sorc - where to put skill points?

Ice bolt ; )
Ice blast and Blizz will be your main offensive spells.

edit: I say ice bolt because it adds dmg to blizz and blast, whereas glacial only adds dmg to blizz and cold length to blast.

Last edited:

NewForumBloke

Diabloii.Net Member

Did you want teleport at all? If not ya, go completely with Reticent Drappa's suggestion. More dmg ftw lol.

TheNorthman

Diabloii.Net Member

Ice bolt ; )
Ice blast and Blizz will be your main offensive spells.

edit: I say ice bolt because it adds dmg to blizz and blast, whereas glacial only adds dmg to blizz and cold length to blast.
Wait so why wouldn't I just put them into blizz?

Road Ratt

Diabloii.Net Member

I max blizz as soon as i get it then max ice blast, then max ice bolt and glacial spike in any order. Rest of the points go into cold mastery.

Reticent Drappa

Diabloii.Net Member

Wait so why wouldn't I just put them into blizz?
Obviously you'd put as many points as possible into blizz, then as many into ice blast as possible (maxing it) the rest going into ice bolt and not glacial.

I max blizz as soon as i get it then max ice blast, then max ice bolt and glacial spike in any order. Rest of the points go into cold mastery.
It is not possible to put more then 1 point into CM @ lvl 30. As far as blizz goes you'd put as many as possible (if hell rushed 7 hard points). The rest would go to ice bolt. To put points into glacial for a low lvl dueler would be a waste.

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member

A silly suggestion, smash em in teleport for lower tele cost :O

SmittySixTen

Diabloii.Net Member

A silly suggestion, smash em in teleport for lower tele cost :O
I can't tell if you're joking. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you are. ;)

Most LLD builds are pretty straight forward as far as skill placement goes. Max your main skill, get any support skills you want, then dump the rest in the synergies that don't take extra points to get to.

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member

I can't tell if you're joking. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you are. ;)

Most LLD builds are pretty straight forward as far as skill placement goes. Max your main skill, get any support skills you want, then dump the rest in the synergies that don't take extra points to get to.
Mine ran without teleport at all. Yeah. :crazyeyes:

Queen Mebd

Diabloii.Net Member

Just checked my blizzard sorc, skills look like:

Code:
7 blizzard, max for your level
1 cold mastery
20 ice blast
2 prereqs
7 ice bolt, dump the remainder of points here
1 telekinesis
1 teleport
1 warmth
That's assuming a hell rush, you'll definitely want blizzard maxed for your level to optimize your damage.