Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3+ year break and here I am

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Smancer, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Smancer

Smancer IncGamers Member

No matter what, this game just keeps pulling me back in. Its funny how much can change in 3-4 years, re-marriage, having a baby, increasing my squat from 225lbs to 425lbs, tattoos, etc.

Before posting this, I took a look back at some posts I made in 2013. Apparently I had 1 or 2 HRs, but I don't appear to have them any more. Thinking about it now, I should do a more thorough search of my hard drive for stashes.

I do have a level 85 sorc, that is geared well enough to do some AT runs and of course do some Lower K runs for runes. I took her for a spin these last couple days, and didnt manage to find anything. Its funny I did maybe 50 runs before I remembered I could change the player setting.

I don't remember if it matters but I have been doing LK on Players 8 and AT at players 1. When I do LK I use a spirit/lidless and AT I use Alibaba/ Wealth.

I also started a trap sin. currently @ lvl 19. I started her before finding a full sigons set and of course forgot that I needed to pump str first so my first 25 points went into vitality. I have put most of the skill points into fireblast trap. Long term goal is to make a char that can run WSK and I think a trap sin can do it. Plus it gives me a lot of gear goals.

This game is just so fun.

Grape, Atratees and Elly like this.
  2. queenEm

queenEm IncGamers Member

Welcome back! Good luck with your sin :)

Smancer likes this.
  3. Silver Moon

Silver Moon IncGamers Member

Good of you to come back after a long break. What kind of sorceress do you have? Best of luck with your AT and LK runs.

Smancer likes this.
  4. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Welcome back! Keep us updated on all the progress. :)

Smancer likes this.
  5. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Welcome back :). D2 indeed is a game that keeps pulling a person back in, isn't it?

If you are after set and unique items, /p1 in AT indeed is the way to go. And don't bother with regular monsters, only bosses and champs. If you want to increase your chance of finding good runes and it doesn't have an impact on your killing speed, you could up the player setting and kill larger packs of monsters.

For LK, /p8 indeed is the way to go most of the time, although it depends a bit on which runes you want to find.

Good luck !!!

Smancer likes this.
  6. Smancer

Smancer IncGamers Member

Hey Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back.

Thank you T72on1 for the advice. My kill speed is a bit faster with spirit lidless than it is with alibaba wealth, so I guess it is a balancing act of MF vs Player setting.

Can anyone point me to a resource on shopping claws? I was in a strange situation where there was a claw with +1 shadow Warrior, +3 Death Sentry, + 1 Shadow Master. It would have eaten my gold reserves, so I decided to hold out for hopefully one with LS and DS on it.

Got an hour of playing last night. Made it to Act 2 on the sin @Lvl 21. My sorc found a 4os superior bill which I made into an insight. The strength level requirement is a bit high, so I don't know when I can have a merc with it. However I did also find an insight an old barbs merc, that was a poleaxe and lower str req and higher Meditation roll.

After getting the sin to Act2, I played the sorc. ATed for a bit. Tried Pindle on P8 but got tired of resurrecting my merc. Trying to fine toon the process of my run. Each run I try to LK on P8, AT on P1, check shops, and then try to find the right player setting for pindle.

Found a Bloodrise and a few other low level uniques, a -15 req jewel, and a few low level runes. Also hording any flawless gems I find and cubing them up to pgems. I also found an amazing twink PvP 2h sword. It was lvl 19 and had IAS, ED, and some other useful mods. I'll have to figure out how to do the read out of gomule.

7. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

There is a comprehensive guide to claws (and shopping them) in the assassin forums by maxicek - check the FAQ. In short, you'll need to be very patient or lucky to even get a single +5/6 trapper claw, much less a pair of them.

8. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

For Pindle, stick to /p1. Higher player settings give you more xp and a bit of a higher chance for good runes, but Pindle is mainly about items.

If you are running a target like Pindle or Meph, I usually go with a damage / fcr setup (usually Spirit / spirit, Spirit / Lidless or Rhyme before that, HotO or a high end unique / spirit if I can afford it) and a mf setup on switch. So I would go in, deal the damage with my main setup, and just before the target is about to die, switch to the Alibaba's / mf shield (usually Rhyme I think).

Try to focus on one target, so only AT, or only Pindle, or only LK. It's much more efficient than changing the player setting and porting back to town or the waypoint each time in order to get to the next target. Talking about efficiency, you might want to read this thread. I've gotten some very good advice there, so it might help you as well.

As for the readout in GoMule: put the item in a character's inventory, right-click, select 'view item', copy what is shown, and paste it in your post, using the 'code' function button (the button between the 'Media' and 'Drafts' button, select 'code' from the list).

9. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Also, if you're going to dedicate some serious time to Pindling, make yourself a 'Harmony' Bow for the Vigor aura and pop it on switch (with the other being your MF switch). The majority of the run is spent running through town, so minimizing that will up your efficiency by a wide margin.

10. Smancer

Smancer IncGamers Member

I think this is the guide you are talking about NanoMist. This is exactly what I was looking for.

t72, I have your efficiency guide open as well and I guess I have my reading cut out for today.

I don't have the runes for a harmony at the moment, but they don't seem to be too rare. I'll keep an eye out for them.

11. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Welcome back! Glad to have yet another comeback/new around here! There's been many lately :)

It doesn't make a big difference, but you can also run LK /players 7. The patterns are same P7-8 (as well as 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6). Monsters will hit you a little bit less, if you get stuck with them while teleing around. Good luck with running, and keep us updated!

12. Smancer

Smancer IncGamers Member

Here is that sword I thought was good for a level 19 twink. It will probably just sit in a stash, if someone wants it let me know. Not sure how active the single player trade forums are...

Code:
    Soulflay
    Claymore
    One Hand Damage: 9 - 23
    Two Hand Damage: 25 - 59
    Durability: 43 of 50
    Required Level: 19
    Required Strength: 47
    Fingerprint: 0x24460433
    Item Level: **
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    +10% Increased Attack Speed
    97% Enhanced Damage
    9% Mana stolen per hit
    4% Life stolen per hit
    All Resistances +5 

13. Smancer

Smancer IncGamers Member

Last night I spent 45 minutes shopping Anya before my index finger started to hurt from going in and out of the red portal.

Best I found was a plain +3 trap claw. I honestly don't know how people do it for longer. It just feels like I am not even playing the game.

So then when I got bored I practiced just running one thing at a time. I did a few AT runs. Practiced just killing champs and bosses. Also practiced going to act 1 for the wp to Lost City rather than running to the WP in Act 2.

LK runs after were a bit better. I struggle when I open a big chest and there might be a rune off screen. So I stand around and pick up gold until I can see everything. If there a packs nearby on p7 it gets dicey.

14. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

I managed to shop a +6 claw for my trapper once but only once. 5 is enough- trust me

coju likes this.
  15. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I had this same problem when hitting the special chest in AT during the Zodthon: most of the times so many items and gold would drop, that I feared I'd miss a HR or other good item. In that room there was plenty of space to manouvre, so I would just run or tele a bit to the side and then assume I'd seen all drops, but how does one deal with this in a limited room like the LK huts?

16. PhineasB

PhineasB IncGamers Member

I generally hold down Alt button before I pop the chest. I see an orange flash when a rune drops, even if it ends up falling in a place where I can't see it initially (so I know there was a rune).

In thousands of LK runs though, I've never had a high rune fall off screen. I clicked through piles of gold and potions to get that rune, but it's usually a Tir or Sol. I can't say for sure, but it feels like the drop mechanics make any HR fall where you can see it. But I don't think I'll ever not click on the gold piles "just in case."

17. Smancer

Smancer IncGamers Member

Yesterday I made the mistake of clicking into normal with my sorc and lost my maps... I need to look up how to safeguard against this..

I ended up rerolling maps for about 15 minutes to find another LK map with 4 huts. They are near the wp so I am happy with the new map.

After running it a couple times to get used to it, I thought I should also check out what my AT map is like. I honestly am very happy with it. So much so that I did nothing but run it for a few hours.

Not only is the chest right off of the entry, but at the fist turn to get to the chest there is usually 3 packs of bosses and some champs. And right down at the next another 2. There is way more to the map but at those first 2 junctions it seems like thats normally where all the bosses and champs spawn. It is amazing. Best find so far is an ormus with 15% and +3 light. I also found a plain light skiller, wondering if I can find someone with a plain trap skiller if it is equal value.

My assassin played a bit in Act 2, and my dummy finally hit 27. Maxed out fire blast and now I can start LS. Fun.

Its always awkward to try and find the right point to start replacing Sigons set with other things...

18. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

If you didn't knwo already, you can hit 'H' in the char selection screen instead of having to manually click the Hell button. This will minimize (but not eliminate) unintended map switching. I say it won't eliminate it because 'N' takes you to Nightmare, and is right below the H, but it's nowhere near as easy to mess up as clicking. :) FYI, 'R' takes you to normal, if you ever want to do that too.