+3 traps Claw/Weapon switch

tl998

Banned
+3 traps Claw/Weapon switch

This thread has two parts
1) Ok, I've been wanting to make a trapper for a while, but I haven't had any luck finding claws with +3 traps. Where is the best place to get them?

Alternatively, if anyone is willing to sell me two of them, I'll pay 2 PGEMs for each!

2) What shadow skills can't be pre-buffed? Is it worth trying to find +3 to shadow skills claws for switch? This can make my Shadow master and FADE much stronger if they can be prebuffed for example.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
1. Try shopping Anya whilst the Red Portal is open (check inventory, through portal, back, repeat until frustration ensues).

2. All the ones you'd want to pre-buff can be. BoS, Fade, Venom, SW, SM and CoS can all be prebuffed, whereas CM, WB, PH and MB can't, obviously. (CoS isn't really a skill you'd want to increase so much though).

Since you can potentially get +12 to 3 skills you want on switch, it's worth a little effort. Even +6 to skills makes quite a lot of difference in many cases.

tl998

Banned
My hours of shopping has turned up one +2 to traps claw and one +3 to Shadows claw. Anyone have claws for sale? :thumbsup:

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
My hours of shopping has turned up one +2 to traps claw and one +3 to Shadows claw. Anyone have claws for sale? :thumbsup:
so after many hours of shopping, can you see why such a pair of claws might be worth a little more than 2p gems.. :) .. keep at it and good luck.

RobWild

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
same results here, wondering if it's possible for Anya to sell the claws I want, hmmmm. Well anyway, if u have any magic find characters u should probably be able to turn up a bartucs or 2 and use those, plus 2 to all skills is better than the plus 2 to traps. Sorry I don't have more than 2 though to help u out, anyone who has found better (or shopped better from anya) please post here, curious myself how to get a hold of some better ones.

Skumhesten

Diabloii.Net Member
I got a 3 traps claw after 10 min and now I have tried
for about 3 hour and it sees to she dont have more. :)

Skumhesten

tl998

Banned
but +3 to traps is better than +2 to all skills for me. Besides I'll have 2 +3 to shadows on switch to prebuff my fade/shadow etc

MadTexan

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
but +3 to traps is better than +2 to all skills for me. Besides I'll have 2 +3 to shadows on switch to prebuff my fade/shadow etc
+3 to traps is definitely better than +2 to all skills, most especially when you consider the synergies. I'm really hoping to find a +3 to traps, +2 to LS, +2 to DS claw or 2 very soon.

KaesarSosei

Diabloii.Net Member
MadTexan said:
+3 to traps is definitely better than +2 to all skills, most especially when you consider the synergies. I'm really hoping to find a +3 to traps, +2 to LS, +2 to DS claw or 2 very soon.
+SKills doesn't work with synergies...

tl998

Banned
It doesn't matter! :lol:

If the claw also adds 2 to Lightling Sentry, then my sentry will obviously do more damabe above and beyond what just the +3 to all traps would've given me!

MadTexan

Diabloii.Net Member
KaesarSosei said:
+SKills doesn't work with synergies...
Bugger! I'll have to calculate my damage by hand to confirm this because it sure looks like it's been adding the synergies as well.

squigipapa

Diabloii.Net Member
tl998 said:
hey man .. I was shopping anya last night and I found a +3 traps, with 2 other + skills on it .. +3 to venom and +2 to some trap .. I can't remember. I diden't really want it but I remembered you were looking for traps, so I grabbed it. If you want it you can have it for the 600k anya sold it to me for. I'm on useast, non ladder by the way.. so I don't know if your even the same, if not .. I guess anyone else that wants it can have it, but you've got first choice.

Later

fluid_death

Diabloii.Net Member
I spent around an hour and a half to finally find 2 sets of +3 traps and disciplines. I found them in NM as I didnt really care for having elite claws and having to get more str/dex. I plan to look for some more with lightning and death sentry /fade and shadow master sometime in future.

fluid_death

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, as long as your character is at least lvl 50. I would assume it is easier to get +3 trap/shadow claws in nm since theres not as many mods in hell.

fluid_death

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not exactly sure how mods are decided when buying, but I believe clvl is the major factor. I think all difficulty level does is have a greater chance of having better items, like more exeptionals and elites. Don't quote me on this, though. I got lvl 50 requirement for the +3 trap mods in NM from jrichard's Trapsin Guide in the Strategy Compendium: Lightning Trapsin Guide.