Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

+3 traps Claw/Weapon switch

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by tl998, Feb 17, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

+3 traps Claw/Weapon switch

This thread has two parts
    1) Ok, I've been wanting to make a trapper for a while, but I haven't had any luck finding claws with +3 traps. Where is the best place to get them?

Alternatively, if anyone is willing to sell me two of them, I'll pay 2 PGEMs for each!

2) What shadow skills can't be pre-buffed? Is it worth trying to find +3 to shadow skills claws for switch? This can make my Shadow master and FADE much stronger if they can be prebuffed for example.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

1. Try shopping Anya whilst the Red Portal is open (check inventory, through portal, back, repeat until frustration ensues).

2. All the ones you'd want to pre-buff can be. BoS, Fade, Venom, SW, SM and CoS can all be prebuffed, whereas CM, WB, PH and MB can't, obviously. (CoS isn't really a skill you'd want to increase so much though).

Since you can potentially get +12 to 3 skills you want on switch, it's worth a little effort. Even +6 to skills makes quite a lot of difference in many cases.

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

My hours of shopping has turned up one +2 to traps claw and one +3 to Shadows claw. Anyone have claws for sale? :thumbsup:

4. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

so after many hours of shopping, can you see why such a pair of claws might be worth a little more than 2p gems.. :) .. keep at it and good luck.

5. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

same results here, wondering if it's possible for Anya to sell the claws I want, hmmmm. Well anyway, if u have any magic find characters u should probably be able to turn up a bartucs or 2 and use those, plus 2 to all skills is better than the plus 2 to traps. Sorry I don't have more than 2 though to help u out, anyone who has found better (or shopped better from anya) please post here, curious myself how to get a hold of some better ones.

6. Skumhesten

Skumhesten IncGamers Member

I got a 3 traps claw after 10 min and now I have tried
    for about 3 hour and it sees to she dont have more. :)

Skumhesten

7. tl998

tl998 Banned

but +3 to traps is better than +2 to all skills for me. Besides I'll have 2 +3 to shadows on switch to prebuff my fade/shadow etc

8. MadTexan

MadTexan IncGamers Member

+3 to traps is definitely better than +2 to all skills, most especially when you consider the synergies. I'm really hoping to find a +3 to traps, +2 to LS, +2 to DS claw or 2 very soon.

9. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

+SKills doesn't work with synergies...

10. tl998

tl998 Banned

It doesn't matter! :lol:

If the claw also adds 2 to Lightling Sentry, then my sentry will obviously do more damabe above and beyond what just the +3 to all traps would've given me!

11. MadTexan

MadTexan IncGamers Member

Bugger! I'll have to calculate my damage by hand to confirm this because it sure looks like it's been adding the synergies as well.

12. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

hey man .. I was shopping anya last night and I found a +3 traps, with 2 other + skills on it .. +3 to venom and +2 to some trap .. I can't remember. I diden't really want it but I remembered you were looking for traps, so I grabbed it. If you want it you can have it for the 600k anya sold it to me for. I'm on useast, non ladder by the way.. so I don't know if your even the same, if not .. I guess anyone else that wants it can have it, but you've got first choice.

Later

13. tl998

tl998 Banned

Darn it :(

I'm on USWEST Ladder.
    thank you, for the offer tho.

14. fluid_death

fluid_death IncGamers Member

I spent around an hour and a half to finally find 2 sets of +3 traps and disciplines. I found them in NM as I didnt really care for having elite claws and having to get more str/dex. I plan to look for some more with lightning and death sentry /fade and shadow master sometime in future.

15. tl998

tl998 Banned

wait...so nightmare ANYA can sell +3 trap claws?

16. fluid_death

Yes, as long as your character is at least lvl 50. I would assume it is easier to get +3 trap/shadow claws in nm since theres not as many mods in hell.

17. tl998

tl998 Banned

Thansk! So what vendors can selel are completely dependant on character level?

18. fluid_death

I am not exactly sure how mods are decided when buying, but I believe clvl is the major factor. I think all difficulty level does is have a greater chance of having better items, like more exeptionals and elites. Don't quote me on this, though. I got lvl 50 requirement for the +3 trap mods in NM from jrichard's Trapsin Guide in the Strategy Compendium: Lightning Trapsin Guide.