Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 trap skills claw

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Nosf, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

3 trap skills claw

I´ve spent somethin about 10kk gold gamblein with Anya at NightMare, am i in the right way? I got a 3 shadow disciplines and a 3 martial arts claw, but
    nothin about 3 traps :(

So, wheres the best place to get it?

2. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Try shoppning hell anya o.=

3. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

let me expand on that.

First, make sure you have the anya quest. go to anya and see if she has any +3 claws. go through the red portal, return through the portal. now go to the trade screen and she'll have a different set of claws.

proceed till you find a good claw.

4. hiphen

hiphen IncGamers Member

If your on west ladder ill give you 1. Look me up Hiphen1

5. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

thx hiphen but im on a tiny brazilian server...

i think if it works this is the cheaper way to get it, but how mut does it costs? just to have the money when i try hehe
    and, make it at NM ou hell?

6. phaedrus

phaedrus IncGamers Site Pal

You can shop +3 claws at NM Anya, it'll just take you awhile. Pop back and forth from the portal and look at her inventory until your eyes bleed.

I just got done outfitting my trapper at NM Anya prior to entering Hell. She was level 72 (the higher level your character, the higher probability you have to see them, I believe). It took me about 4 1/2 hours of running back and forth, but I got 2 +3 traps claws, 2 +3 Shadow Discipline claws, and a +3 Shadow Discipline Bone Helm.

The +skills claws are actually pretty cheap, I think they averaged about 15-20K each. Definitely cheaper than trying to gamble them, if you have miserable luck like I do.

Phaedrus

7. xxme

xxme IncGamers Member

so, at hell anya how long does it take on average to get +3 claw?

8. Ragnarok-

Ragnarok- IncGamers Member

I get one every 5-10 runnings :)

:evil: Raggy :evil:

9. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

so u r pretty lucky hehe
    ill try to buy it on Trade, no gamblein... and ill try it at NM to get claws with low dex and strengh =]
    ty all

10. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

just one more question, can i get a +3 trap / 2 lighnin sentry (example) in the trade window with Anya NM?

im afraid to use my facet in a simply 3 trap claws =/

11. MrZeroPing

MrZeroPing IncGamers Member

Yes you can do that but it will take considerably longer. Also I'm pretty sure facets won't work in claws because your traps are considered minions. Might want to double check that.

12. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

i already socketed a facet in my shako, and my dmg growed, not too much, but growed =P

13. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

According to both trapper guides and every time the question has come up here, +dmg, -resist, Triumphant and friends, etc. do not work for traps.

Though I've not tried it myself, with all those unanimous warnings I sure wouldn't waste a facet without experimenting with something cheaper/more replaceable. Maybe try Leaf (which IIRC is two pretty cheap runes). Since Leaf has a + to fire skills as well as + to fire damage, compare to a matching +traps claw. Pick something easy to find several of (ie not a boss or superunique) that can't hurt you much so you can have the trap as your only source of damage and carefully compare the average time for it to die to a WoI while it beats on you up close (so it won't avoid the WoI).

Or you could just trust all the people who say it doesn't work.

14. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

here´s what i am going to do. i´ve socketed my shako with facet, so ill get another shako without facet and compare it.
    but i know that my damage at the "character stats" growed

15. phaedrus

phaedrus IncGamers Site Pal

In theory, you can buy claws like that. In practice, I have shopped + traps claws from Anya now for 4 different trappers and have never seen a single + traps/ + to a specific trap claw. And I've visited Anya so much her boyfriend is getting jealous of me.

So, just be prepared to do a LOT of shopping if you're holding out hopes of finding one.

Phaedrus

16. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I found, questing a +3 traps. +2 weapon block. I've found a +3 LS, +3CBS, +1 WoF rare. The elusive +3 traps, +3 LS, +3 DS, +3 CBS is still out there...

17. Henfu

Henfu IncGamers Member

On a lightning facet, it shuold make your lightning trap dmg increase, since it is a lignting skill, correct? However, the - resists does not work.

18. Nosf

Nosf IncGamers Member

why the resist not work?
    i agree with u with the +5% dmg, cuz when u open ur Stats window, u can see the dmg of ur trap there. so its not ur minion, like shadow warrior that u cant se her dmg.
    but if facet reduces 5% of enemies lightnin resistance, it will work with traps too, i dont see why not =/

19. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Traps are considered minions so your not the one doing the attack thus the -resist that is on your attack never hits the monsters. The key to facets is they apply to your attacks what ever they may be so only your attacks gain the -resist, not the enemies. IE if two players are fighting an enemy and one has -20 fire resist only that player would get the benefit from that -resist not both players.

In order to get the +3 skills its best to be at the same clvl as the +3 mod. Because the # of mods available is at the lowest amount. Ie less choices higher probablity for getting that mod. Gambling is based on clvl therefore its best to be just in range for getting that mod. I dont remember if shops are based on clvl I dont think they are so NM Anya IIRC is the best shop for getting +3 skills.

@Fafner: I will never find the +3traps, +3DSentry, +3 FireBlast, +1 Blade Fury I have been looking for.