Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 Summoners in one game, over 150 minions!

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cerebron, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

3 Summoners in one game, over 150 minions!

Last night, we recalled the old good memory of v1.09. I met two summoning necros by accident, and we rushed Hell Act 2 with more than 150 minions. Skeleton warriors, Mages, Revives all over the place. And guess what,

WE DIDN'T GET ANY LAG.

For all those who complain about Necros causing lag, take this and shut up.

Here is a screenshot which includes only a part of the unbelievable army.

http://www.redrival.com/soup/minions.JPG

2. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

What a minion party u have there. llol.

3. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I always used to get mad and tell people that lag was their comp and not my minions.

4. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

I'm sorry, but that's just weak. My 09 summoner had a grand total of 154 summoned minions on his own. THe most summons I've seen is 447 on one screen. These were summoners with duped ammys that had 3 summoning/tele charges, that's the only way we could get them on one screen. There was a forth summoner but I lagged out before I could see him. Yes, these were people that threw their kinged shakos/stormies/valors/iths (Kinged phase blades... plus eight to all skills :O~~~)) on necromancers, gave them maxed blocking, and only used summons. My summoner's skills were in the mid 50's if I recall. THAT is a true army.

In 09 the definition of a godly summoner was being able to work your way through, albeit slowly, hell act two. Anything further then duriel was unrealistic because the skeletons and mages just didn't do enough damage, even with hacked out level 50 summons. I tried to get a hold of some 7 skill small charms but they were way too expensive.

154 summons.... I never lagged a bit on a 56k and after playing with me, none of my friends lagged either. Only time they got lag was when we were in open and I dragonflighted them. For some reason DFing with minions was the hugest desinc ever.

5. jmprockstar

jmprockstar IncGamers Member

Well, perhaps no one will impress our 1337 friend amishamigo with his tales of hacked items long ago, but I still think your post is cool Cerebron. I know you didn't intend to make this thread a minion count pi$$ing contest. I celebrate with you the armies of undead. :buddies:

(I especially like all the revived Serpent Magi. They're some of my favorite revives.)

6. Cerebron

My favorite revives are:

1) Frozen River monsters. They all fly around and you can see tons of red balls firing at the target.

2) The notorious Blacksouls. They make me fight like a Trapsin.

3) Venon Lords. They are probably the biggest monsters in the game.

7. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

lol

wow, this sure brings up ideas of pvp

a pvp situation with a full game of summoners...now that's what you would call RTS, until someone brings out Iron Maiden or thorns merc. :lol:

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Or blizzard.

9. amishamigo

amishamigo IncGamers Member

Lol, a hacked necro that didn't stand a chance past hell act two, mind you :p

A summoner with a beast weapon, some rings with cast rate, and enigma is a pk force to be reconed with.

10. Cerebron

Necrocraft? Hey, no kidding, gold is the major currency in Warcraft III, too.

11. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

but..but..tis a game of summoners? where de blizz comes from? :scratch:

12. Har-Megiddo

Har-Megiddo IncGamers Member

Iron Maiden and Thorns does very little in PvP, and when used as a massive army, teleporting right on top of the summoner or player being dueled, they will almost always get a quick kill unless they are built like a tank, in that case it's a semi-quick kill unless he can knock you out in a hit (but I don't think a pvp necro runs around in pubbys without max block and good life in the first place.

13. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

Bah, I can get 75 minions in 1.10 but considering that 40 of them only have a 3 minute time limit, its kind of hard to get my full army up and running :)

Iron maiden seemed pretty effective for me today against a ww barb, I think those are the only characters that really get killed by that anymore. As for thorns, I have no idea haven't put a bramble on my Summoner yet.

Also, I don't have max block or very high life (1.2k to be exact) pubbies have just evolved into a game of who gets the first hit really so I don't see much of a need for either.

14. Har-Megiddo

If you die in one hit you're not dueling well at all. Also, you should prob. get enigma on your guy and then you should be able to teleport around like a madman so no1 can hit you.

A bone necro should be able to take many many hits from a melee guy if he is built right (extremely high life, near or 0 strength, max block)

15. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

I do have an enigma which is why I don't need high life or block, skeletons are my 100% blocking shield. Also if they happen to fail I have 700 bone armor to fall back on.

As for bone necros being able to take hits... the only way he is tanking would be Bone armor 1000+ , 75% blocking (waste of dex), Battle orders, and Heart of the Oak.

Another thing is that most do die in one hit, my bone mancers bs does about 6.5k max gear and 5.8k normal gear so more then likely necros, sorcs, assassins, pallys, and zons are going in the first barbs are perhaps the only ones that take 2-3 hits.

16. Har-Megiddo

Bone Necro BS takes down a good dueler in 3-4 good hits as far as I see.

And I would always run max block because when i have to take hits from a melee char. i survive much longer.

17. 1Z1

1Z1 IncGamers Member

I never lag also.

It's always my fps that drops like hel.

at baal with some necro's and skellies, sorcs fps --> 5-3

18. Hyey

Hyey IncGamers Member

Sin weap Block and you last much longer

19. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Blunderbores from Act 2 Palace are awesome. The monster class has an innate 25% chance of Crushing Blow. I took a pack of 12 Blunderbores down to Hell Mephisto - his life was measured in seconds.

Travincal is also awesome. Revive all of the Cantors and undead sorcererers that you can find and as many of the Council Members as you can. Spammed Blizzard + Lightning + Meteor + Firewall + Hydra = gg.

20. mythren1

mythren1 IncGamers Member

Thorned Hulks from the forests of Act 3 are massive creatures to be carrying around with ya, and they frenzy! Wee!

I'd give them the "biggest minion" award, but as for my favorite - Gloams/Black Souls/PocketableTrapsins....

they're neat!