Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 socket Armor....Best to put in sockets?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by P_Ness, Feb 1, 2004.

1. P_Ness

P_Ness IncGamers Member

3 socket Armor....Best to put in sockets?

so i have a bunch of 3 socket armors...with life and mana....some with 100 life...some with 90 life 50 mana....what do i put in the sockets

2. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

if they are magical then unfortunately i would not put anything in them (well not high lvl stuff like ed/ias jewels) because you really need 4 socketed armours for that. if you need the specific bonus from certain runes then i would put them in it but it would make a fairly low level armour.

The main reason people want 3 socket armours is for enigma and magical cant be used, and the main reason people want socketed armours with life (less in demand now) is to put ed/ias jewels in all 4 sockets, and yours only had 3.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

If any of them are elite, high defense, low req armours, they may have some value to runeword makers. They are especially interested in the highest defense for that armour type and will be even more pleased if it is superior with a decent enhanced defense mod on it.

As was said above, anything but runewords in a 3-sock armor is kindof useless, as it would be better to use a 4-sock armor for jewels and the like.

4. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

im assuming with life and mana mods they are magical, making them useless to runeword makers :p the point about them being elite with high defence should bump the value though

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Just compare with e.g. Griswold's Heart. That armor might cost you 5-10 pgems and in addition to its 3 sockets it gives you +500 def, -40% reqs, +20 strength and +2 to defensive auras. So your armors are probably worth what Charsi will give you - 35000 gold a piece.

6. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Love Gris Heart for my Pally, underrated cause its somewhat on the common side, but an excellent armor nevertheless. I even used a cold facet jewel for one socket for my Avenger Pally. For an Avenger, Gris is probably better than Guardian Angel since Resist Cold, Lightning, and Fire skills are Vengeance synergies and they passively increase max resist. Gris non-chalantly often has a defense over 900, which beats out an eth Sacred Armor I found with def about 850, and much less Str required.

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

All my act 2 mercs get one and they love it. It gives bonus to the wrong skill tree, but it's easy to find (meph drops it all the time), adds 20 to strength, has 900 defense and three ias jewels fit into it quite nicely :)