Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 Simple Questions I can't find the answer to

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by RobWild, Jan 29, 2004.

1. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

3 Simple Questions I can't find the answer to

1 - Can set or unique items be socketed?

2 - Does plus to all skill items increase the skill levels of skills gained by items (for example the rune word that allows any character to zeal, would plus to all skills equipment allow this to be boosted so a 5 hit zeal could be achieved)?

3 - How high of a character do you have to have to find lightning facets and where would be the best place to run to look for them?

Please reply if you know, I'm baseing a few characters on this information but couldn't find it anywhere.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

1. Yep. Some of them (Griswold's Set, Blade of Ali Baba, Witchwild String, etc.) come with sockets already, the rest can get 1 socket from Larzuk.

2. oskills (ie. + to a skill for all classes, like the Zeal on Passion) are boosted by + all skill items, so that can be quite helpful.

3. Character level is irrelevant. The monster must be at least level 85 to drop any Rainbow Facet jewels, thus the best places are high-level areas (see the Pit guide in the Community Forum), and certain Act Bosses in Hell (Mephisto, Diablo, Baal). The areas leading up to these Act Bosses can also drop Rainbow Facets so may be worth killing stuff on the way too.

3. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I guess I was kind of vague in my question number 1 though. I meant can the unique items or set items (such as griswolds and stuff) be socketed with rune words, don't know why I left that out. LIke with Gris armor, can the lionheart rune word be put in there? Thanks for the info, looks like I'll be doing some pit runs for sure.

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

You can only put rune words in plain grey-text items - otherwise it'd just be far too powerful!

5. erics

erics IncGamers Member

Only white/gray items can be socketed.

erics

6. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

Wow so fast!!! Thanks a lot guys :xsmile3: