3 runes from a boss

VerminFate

Diabloii.Net Member
3 runes from a boss

i started a new character on one player mode, upon killing the countess in the forgoten tower she droped 3 runes, it seems odd becuase runes are ussually very rare so what are the chances of getting 3 fomr a low lv boss? prehaps they make a runeword? ill post which ones they were in 1 minute.

*one minute later*

The ruens were:
1 eld rune
1 el rune
1 ral rune

they arnt rare, but still what are the chances of getting 3 from the same low lv boss?

yhenon9

Diabloii.Net Member
Countess has a special rune drop, she will drop more runes than any other monster. If not, getting 3 runes from a single boss would be very inprobable.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
If you play solo (or on /players 1 in SP/TCP games), the Countess has about 19% chance to drop at least 3 runes.

Ral is as high as they go in Normal, so that was a good find.

I´ve seen up to 3 runes from a chest.

ladydraxis

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going to go on a hunt for runes, then you always want to go after the Countess. She will almost always drop at least one rune, usually 2, and sometimes even 3. In Hell, she can drop some pretty nice runes, I've heard as high as LO (#28), although the highest she has dropped for me personally was an Um (#22). If you do a lot of Countess runs back to back, you'll find your stash full of runes in a hurry!

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
ladydraxis said:
If you're going to go on a hunt for runes, then you always want to go after the Countess. She will almost always drop at least one rune, usually 2, and sometimes even 3. In Hell, she can drop some pretty nice runes, I've heard as high as LO (#28), although the highest she has dropped for me personally was an Um (#22). If you do a lot of Countess runs back to back, you'll find your stash full of runes in a hurry!

countess doesnt drop higher than ist

Keldaris

Diabloii.Net Member
In hell she can. Ist is the highest rune she can drop as part of her SPECIAL drop. her regular drop can drop upto Lo although this is rare. I've personally found a gul from the Hell countess.