Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Kevin William Cox, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Kevin William Cox

Kevin William Cox IncGamers Member

3 Quick Questions

1.What is that "Gem" for in the Chat Channel area? If you click it it says "Gem Activated" in purple letters. Push it again and "Gem Deactivated". :scratch:

2.When do 6 socketed items come into play: NM, or Hell?

3.I'm going to convert my Classic D2 Barb into Exspansion soon, but read somewhere that I may have to reequip him with new items. What are some of the pros and cons about conversions?

Thanks in advance.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

1. Chat gem is a mystery to mankind. Nobody knows, except for the fact that its funny to click it.

2. They should come in late nightmare early hell iirc.

3. Well, classic chars may experience big problems when new to 1.10. You might need to find new equip, think a little different etc, but Id say its worth it. Imo, LoD is funnier than classic, there are simply more things to do with your character etc. If you want to hear about whats better with classic, I recommend you to visit the Classic forum, since they are more into that. Long time since I played classic.

3. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

1. If you click it exactly 1,098,238,423,318 times and enter a cow level, every cow will drop a high rune, your computer will gain at least 512MB of additional RAM, and you'll get a bigger car.

2. From monsterlvl 40 up. So even early late akt5 normal should be enough.

3. You definetely will need some new items. To be more exact, you'll most probably have to change every single item. Classic has no elite items, and only normal uniques. The pro of converting him: LoD is much more fun. After I changed to LoD (and I played Classic really long, up to the first 6 month of 1.10) I never looked back. You won't play a classic char once you play the extension...

*stkrause

4. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

The first thing you'll see in LOD is the larger stash. :clap:

Secondly, Mercs are now much smarter and you can give them equipment. If a merc dies, you can ressurect them with the equipment they were wearing. Read up on them here if you haven't already:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/hirelings.shtml

Then there's that wonderful act 5! I don't know what your level is, but the quest rewards of act 5 rock! Be sure to go back and do them in prior dificulties if you need to.

Quest 1: Socket Reward

Quest 2: Runes Ral, Ort and Tal

Quest 3: +10 to all resistances and a rare piece of class specific garbage.

Quest 4: Personalize an item? Bah!!!

Quest 5: Experience Bonus!!! Usually enough for at least one level!

Good luck!

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I actually suggest starting fresh in LoD. Most Classic builds aren't nearly as strong in LoD, so you might end up with a high level mule character. If you start new though, you'll be able to pick up charms as you go along and the new sets/uniques from the end of normal on. Then, if you decide you can't live without your old barb, you can still move him over.