Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 questions

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by damaris, Sep 19, 2006.

1. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

3 questions

hi all. these questions are buggin my head.
    1. i installed the full version of the game, but how to play the game without the cd in your diskdrive?
    2. can items from 1.11 patch be used in 1.10?
    3. last question. its about map seed. this question is for personal use. and i dont have any intention to bring this issue to the surface. i hesitate to ask but right now i cant find any other else to ask this. i used it last year when i need to MF mephisto and baal. and somehow, after one year stop playing this game, i forget to use it now. if anyone is willing to answer the third question, he/she may PM me.

thats all. thank you for your time.:smiley:

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

wow, 3 semi-taboo topics in one post. ballsy! :laughing:

1. Sorry, don't know. Might I suggest Google
    2. not if you want 98+% of the people here to consider you legit
    3. add it to your shortcut when starting D2, however, please read the following info (I've already discussed this via PM with Cattleya & Hrus for various reasons):

I don't advocate the use of the -seed command, but I really don't have the right to condemn it either - as per forum policy, what you do on your computer is your own business. Nevertheless...

If you do choose to use the -seed command, please be aware of how to use it properly, as well as the possible consequences of misuse (if you don't feel like reading the whole thread, here's a quote from Cattleya in post#24 that illustrates my point: "Yuck. I had missed the Stormlash. At much as it sucks, I think it has to [be deleted] as well." :shocked:).

PS. I searched, and I couldn't find a concise and accurate post on how to "properly" use the -seed command, so here it is (verified by Hrus):

Code:
    1. set up the -seed command with the desired map number
    2. load Diablo2
    3. start the character you want with that mapseed, in
       the desired difficulty (Don't do anything after the 
       character is loaded - no runs, no killing, no talking
       to NPC's - NOTHING!)
    4. save & exit 
    5. exit Diablo2 completely          <--- this is very important!!!
    6. remove the -seed command and map number
    7. load D2/character like normal

and to all those who know me: no, I haven't used -seed yet - it's for a project I'm working on that will be fully disclosed at a later date.

3. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

sirpoop is a hax00r
    *grab his rusty fork*

4. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

*Your rusty fork is no match for my plastic spork. I shall make you varnish!

Enguard!!!*

5. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

you wanted that
    * charge sirpoop with the fork*

6. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

gee sir, that was fast. but yeah, i only use it when i want to recover my map. nothing else. it can be very depressing if you lose the good one just because you slip your mouse clickin nightmare instead of hell.

regarding the first question, i remember someone on the forum told that play the game without putting the cd inside the diskdrive is possible. and without third-party program of course. he also told the way to do it, and i played it that way last year. and i think its legit. but now, somehow, i forgot :( *sigh* sometimes people get older without being realized...

and the reason why i ask the 2nd question is that everyone here (include traders) plays the 1.11 now. i download the patch yesterday but somehow it doesnt work. dont know why. maybe has something to do with the internet connection or else. i'll try again later.

7. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

You can choose one of the several clever programs out there to mount an imaginary disc with. I don't think it's illegal but just in case I skip the details here.

8. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

nah... it was more simple than that. i remember now that all you have to do is to copy a file from your LoD disc into your diablo2 folder. but i forgot the filesname. nothin to do with other third party programs (as long as i remember)

9. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

The only files that your computer reads off the cd when you are playing is the Music. Copy all the MPQ files off your cd into your Diablo 2 folder.

The disk will still need to be in the drive to turn the game on, but once the game is on you can remove the disk and use it to wipe your behind if you so choose. You will of course need to put the cd back in next time you want to turn the game on so keep it close.

You can get around needing it to start the game as well, but thats less easy, and less legal.

-hps