Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

/3 player.../4 player.../5 player?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ImmortalChicken, Mar 25, 2004.

1. ImmortalChicken

ImmortalChicken IncGamers Member

/3 player.../4 player.../5 player?

I heard that adjusting these makes monsters drop better items. Are they the number of open player slots in a game, or the numbers of actual players in the game? How do I change, say from /1 player to /8 player? Thnx.

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

If you're playing single player (offline), you can type the command /players x. For X, substitute 1-8. 1 = game will think there is 1 player, 8= game will think there are 8 players. Having more players will increase # of items dropped on average from monsters and bosses, but will no give better drops. You will also get more exp from monsters, and they will also have more hp.

/players x only works for single-player.

3. ImmortalChicken

ImmortalChicken IncGamers Member

Thanks. So on multiplayer realm ladder, changing from 1 player to 8 players when creating a new game does not make any difference?
    BTW, another question, do I have a better chance of getting high mods on an unidentified item if i ID it with eight people in the game? Thnx again.

4. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

No. You will get more expirience/kill, monsters will drop more items and it will be less probability of no-drop. Monsters will though drop from the same TCs as in a single game.
    Your chance for good items becomes better only becouse of higher number of dropped items.