3 Easy Uber Summoner Questions

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
3 Easy Uber Summoner Questions

Basic background info: I have a level 82 summoner that I want to kill the Ubers with. I have already built an Uber killing pally and druid, so this is my next challenge. He has around 1200 life, max hell resists (with about +10 to spare), 470ish mana, max block, and Enigma for teleporting. My might merc has/will have Obediance/Kira's/Eth CoH. I am also planning to acquire a decent CTA. OK hopefully that's enough info to answer these questions.

1) I have +16 to summon skills without my weapon. Should I use Beast, AoKL, or HoTo (already have all these)?

2) Does my level matter for the skellies/summons to hit chance? If so, what level should I shoot for?

3) Do I need to overstack my resists, or will I be safe at a distance?

OK, that's it, thanks in advance. :smiley:
 

davel

Diabloii.Net Member
Bjam said:
Basic background info: I have a level 82 summoner that I want to kill the Ubers with. I have already built an Uber killing pally and druid, so this is my next challenge. He has around 1200 life, max hell resists (with about +10 to spare), 470ish mana, max block, and Enigma for teleporting. My might merc has/will have Obediance/Kira's/Eth CoH. I am also planning to acquire a decent CTA. OK hopefully that's enough info to answer these questions.

1) AoKL to summon, switch to CtA and Beast

2) Yes. for skels higher is always better. i like 92( i think) when you merc gets the next lvl or might.

3)Keep Distance and you should be good. Just remember to terror then dim Vision all the adds right away. should be cake with that gear
 

Stuporman

Diabloii.Net Member
davel said:
3)Keep Distance and you should be good. Just remember to terror then dim Vision all the adds right away. should be cake with that gear
I've had success with just dim vision. But make sure to have possitive resists in hell at least.
 

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
davel said:
1) AoKL to summon, switch to CtA and Beast

2) Yes. for skels higher is always better. i like 92( i think) when you merc gets the next lvl or might.

3)Keep Distance and you should be good. Just remember to terror then dim Vision all the adds right away. should be cake with that gear
Why Beast? Id switch out beast for hoto anyday, meph will bring your resists very low with his conviction aura and the 30-40+ resists from hoto will greatly help your chances of survival. Buff with CTA, prebuff with AOKL if you feel the need (i can never be bothered).
 

Enilias

Diabloii.Net Member
bogie said:
Why Beast? Id switch out beast for hoto anyday, meph will bring your resists very low with his conviction aura and the 30-40+ resists from hoto will greatly help your chances of survival. Buff with CTA, prebuff with AOKL if you feel the need (i can never be bothered).
You don't really need the resists from hoto, my resists are below 30 in hell and I do just fine. Just don't go stand right next to Mephisto.
 

OmegaHatred

Diabloii.Net Member
re:

Enilias said:
You don't really need the resists from hoto, my resists are below 30 in hell and I do just fine. Just don't go stand right next to Mephisto.
That's true you don't need the res but I find you do need the fcr to help with tele.
 

Enilias

Diabloii.Net Member
OmegaHatred said:
That's true you don't need the res but I find you do need the fcr to help with tele.
True, but even that's not really needed for uber trist. You only for the durance of hate and the worldstone keep and even then it's just a nice extra, not really needed. I'd go with aokl or beast (or both) and cta on switch.
 

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks all.

My plan will be to use Beast as my primary weapon with CTA on switch. I'll have AoKL equipped when summoning all the skellies and mages. My resists are all 75+ in Hell, so I don't forsee any problems as long as I keep a safe distance from Mephy and stock up on Urdars. I have all my gear now except the Merc CoH (just need a Ber rune).
 

Bjam

Diabloii.Net Member
OG Al said:
If you summon with AoKL, and switch to beast ~2 of your skeles will die.
Well I wouldn't summon more than I can support after switch to Beast. However, that's not the point. AoKL creates tougher skellies. It may not be worth the hassle, but I'm not going to cut any corners the first time around.
 

kaervek

Diabloii.Net Member
What exactly is the deal with the ubers? I havent played for a while and they seem to be the big thing atm. Do you just collect the keys in hell from the 3 uniques and go kill uber versions of all the bosses in an uber trist? or is there more to it, like resummoned if you leave etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction if theres already a guide somewhere that i missed? or the short version :)
 

Bandit

Diabloii.Net Member
You collect the TKey from hell countess, HKey from hell summoner and DKey from hell Nihl. Once you have 1 of each you can use it in the cube in act 5 to open a portal to fight either Lilith(super version of andariel), Duriel, or Izual. Each of them drops a certain organ(forget which goes to which, but there's diablo's horn, mephisto's brain and baal's eye I believe). you get a set of organs to open up the portal to uber tristram where you fight all three bosses plus tons of minions.

Thing to note...When you use the key set to open up a portal, it's randomly chosen between the three bosses, so what people do usually is open up three portals in one game to make sure they get all three organs
 
Top