Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 Easy Uber Summoner Questions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Bjam, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

3 Easy Uber Summoner Questions

Basic background info: I have a level 82 summoner that I want to kill the Ubers with. I have already built an Uber killing pally and druid, so this is my next challenge. He has around 1200 life, max hell resists (with about +10 to spare), 470ish mana, max block, and Enigma for teleporting. My might merc has/will have Obediance/Kira's/Eth CoH. I am also planning to acquire a decent CTA. OK hopefully that's enough info to answer these questions.

1) I have +16 to summon skills without my weapon. Should I use Beast, AoKL, or HoTo (already have all these)?

2) Does my level matter for the skellies/summons to hit chance? If so, what level should I shoot for?

3) Do I need to overstack my resists, or will I be safe at a distance?

OK, that's it, thanks in advance. :smiley:

2. davel

davel IncGamers Member

1) AoKL to summon, switch to CtA and Beast

2) Yes. for skels higher is always better. i like 92( i think) when you merc gets the next lvl or might.

3)Keep Distance and you should be good. Just remember to terror then dim Vision all the adds right away. should be cake with that gear

3. Stuporman

Stuporman IncGamers Member

I've had success with just dim vision. But make sure to have possitive resists in hell at least.

4. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Why Beast? Id switch out beast for hoto anyday, meph will bring your resists very low with his conviction aura and the 30-40+ resists from hoto will greatly help your chances of survival. Buff with CTA, prebuff with AOKL if you feel the need (i can never be bothered).

5. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

You don't really need the resists from hoto, my resists are below 30 in hell and I do just fine. Just don't go stand right next to Mephisto.

6. OmegaHatred

OmegaHatred IncGamers Member

re:

That's true you don't need the res but I find you do need the fcr to help with tele.

7. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

True, but even that's not really needed for uber trist. You only for the durance of hate and the worldstone keep and even then it's just a nice extra, not really needed. I'd go with aokl or beast (or both) and cta on switch.

8. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

Thanks all.

My plan will be to use Beast as my primary weapon with CTA on switch. I'll have AoKL equipped when summoning all the skellies and mages. My resists are all 75+ in Hell, so I don't forsee any problems as long as I keep a safe distance from Mephy and stock up on Urdars. I have all my gear now except the Merc CoH (just need a Ber rune).

9. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

If you summon with AoKL, and switch to beast ~2 of your skeles will die.

10. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

Well I wouldn't summon more than I can support after switch to Beast. However, that's not the point. AoKL creates tougher skellies. It may not be worth the hassle, but I'm not going to cut any corners the first time around.

11. GodOfDiablo

GodOfDiablo IncGamers Member

yeah Og al are right

12. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

What exactly is the deal with the ubers? I havent played for a while and they seem to be the big thing atm. Do you just collect the keys in hell from the 3 uniques and go kill uber versions of all the bosses in an uber trist? or is there more to it, like resummoned if you leave etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction if theres already a guide somewhere that i missed? or the short version :)

13. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

You collect the TKey from hell countess, HKey from hell summoner and DKey from hell Nihl. Once you have 1 of each you can use it in the cube in act 5 to open a portal to fight either Lilith(super version of andariel), Duriel, or Izual. Each of them drops a certain organ(forget which goes to which, but there's diablo's horn, mephisto's brain and baal's eye I believe). you get a set of organs to open up the portal to uber tristram where you fight all three bosses plus tons of minions.

Thing to note...When you use the key set to open up a portal, it's randomly chosen between the three bosses, so what people do usually is open up three portals in one game to make sure they get all three organs