Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3 char group , self found

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Hew, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Hew

Hew Diabloii.Net Member

3 of us want to play a 3 char untwinkled walk thru in SP. im leaning towards blizz sorc, other 2 havnt decided. no rwm, no atma, just self found walk thru. Any thoughts on good group ? No one seems interested in barb or summon nec, so what 3 combo do you see working without bo and skellies?

i was thinking blizz sorc, ele druid , and light trapper?

open to suggestions.

2. felixbavaria

felixbavaria Diabloii.Net Member

I think MP runs are more fun if you play builds that support each other rather than three casters each focusing on one element. But of course, no doubt you will be able to finish the game with blizz sorc, elemental druid and lightning trapper.

If I was to start some MP run I'd play an Enchantress (with FO as backup skill) and make sure I have a Paladin on my team to provide a Conviction aura to greatly enhance all elemental damage including Enchant damage.

3. Tenecabo

Tenecabo Diabloii.Net Member

Some kind of sorc + trapsin / ele druid + bone or poison necro (lower resists) or some pally running conviction. Score.

Can do a similar thing with amp damage / fanaticism and phys damage chars.

Basically, having one char with either a proper curse or aura can work wonders.

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

Consider your movement speeds. A blizzard sorc (or any sorc really) will be clearing Hell Act 2 by the time the others are at Normal Baal. Same goes for Frenzy barbs or BoS sins. It's no fun to put a leash on an otherwise super speedy class, just because one person wanted to play a summoner.

5. Interdasting

Interdasting Diabloii.Net Member

Paladin who specializes in auras, Druid who specializes in Wolves, Assassin with Shadow seem like a fun combo just because of the synergy with auras, pets, constant tanking, and the like. A cursemancer or bonemancer with amp damage also provides a gigantic amount of support, and there's no need to diversify elemental sectors.

6. Naturallog

Naturallog Diabloii.Net Member

Druid with oak sage is nearly as nice as BO. You could try a druid with dire wolves, oak sage, bear form, and shockwave to get up close and personal with stuff. To tag along, how about do things a little differently and try a FoH pally running Meditation aura between kills to refresh mana and conviction to drop resists. Then to finish it off, a nice blizzard or fireball sorc.

Zylo and Hew like this.
  7. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Set 1:
    Firedancer/Lightdancer/Pure trapsin
    Hunter/Firesummoner/Melee druid with summons
    Support Templar/Hammerdin with Meditation (Insight wielding Templar would've been best but you don't use RWM)

Set 2:
    Javazon + Valk
    Firesorc
    Conviction or Meditation paladin

Set 3:
    Fanazealot
    Physical bowazon (or Cold/Physical hybrid for added safety)
    Poison Necro /w Amp Damage as main curse

I think there was a topic with a bunch of complementing charecters for MP playthrough, I'll post a link if I find it.

Edit: Found it.

8. Hew

Hew Diabloii.Net Member

Yah i should have clarified i was thinking ele druid with wolves for meatshields, and the trapper would have a nice shadow to help.

Very interesting combos to consider srrw.

Eeew never considered a poison nova nec without rwm. Would that poison dmg even get to a lvl where it would even do much once in hell? I mean poison dmg vs life of monsters? We will probably run players 8.

great insight guys, been awhile excited for a WT.
    Never thought it would take me 3 days to finalize a starting group :p

9. Hew

Hew Diabloii.Net Member

I think there was a topic with a bunch of complementing charecters for MP playthrough, I'll post a link if I find it.

Edit: Found it.[/QUOTE]

thanks for that!!! Reading now ;)

10. Zylo

Zylo Diabloii.Net Member

I like Naturallog's suggestion quite a bit, with maybe a tweak or two. For Druid I'd suggest a FC Druid. They are fun to play, and very cheap. You're end game weapon would be a 6xshael pb. Easy enough. Shockwave is an outstanding cc skill. FC has some hefty skill point needs, so I wouldn't spend too much on summons. One point skills like: grizzly and hunger, will do wonders. Stack a little CB on him, and watch monsters melt with a 4fps attack. FC adds crazy AR, which is great especially in untwinked play. Add in a couple of buddies, and he'll be a blast.

Blizz or blizzard/fireball hybrid are powerful, and great even on their own. You mentioned interest, sounds like reason enough to me.

I think a paladin would cap off the group quite well. I find a FoH pally very situational however. Yes, they can be fun to play, but that's only after heavy heavy twinking. FoH is just too slow, even though conviction is helping the team out(I'm sure the Druid would love it) it would be an incredibly boring playing toon. Pally suggestion would be a tesladin or tesla/froster hybrid. Tesladins are a very fun build, that aren't too gear dependent. Crescent Moon is not a RWM RW, and it can be picked up for an Um rune. CM isn't make or break however, any speedy weapon will work nicely.

A three person party opens up a lot of options, good excuse to bust out some novelty toons. Just my $0.02. Have fun with your MP project, and let us know how it turns out.

11. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

PvM Nerco's rely on corpse explosion. An untwinked party of 2 weapon dependent characters can be challenging if you don't get lucky with the drops so Poison Nova is there to stop regeneration and for added fun because it's boring to just spam Amp+CE. It won't do crazy damage even if heavily twinked but you can get it up to a decent level with very cheap runewords. White (In a 3 Nova Wand), Lore, Splendor (In a 3 Nova Shield), Bone etc.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  12. Hew

Hew Diabloii.Net Member

@ srrw well ive had a poi nova nec few years back doing 20k plus dmg and doing chaos runs rather quickly, but I honestly didn't even consider for a untwinkled and agree that necs for me get bit "boring". I am strongly thinking about his now now though. Maybe a necro hybrid : poison nova w/ lower resist/ce/and like 10 points in revives!
    @Zylo you have me thinking pala over druid. I think the idea of a frost zealot would be sweet.
    we are starting later today in just a few hours, thank you so much for thoughts guys.

unless we change soon:
    1.ill run with a lower res/p-nova/revive nec with CE(the LR will help all 3 nec, trapper, and frost zealer! Pretty helpless char until lvl30's though)
    2. assassin kick/trapper with death sentry (he wants to kick here and there to erase possible boredom)
    3. Frost Zealot or FC Druid

The nec seems like it will be challenging and interesting for me, the pala or druid will be tanky and out first like of protection (both with different advantages: druid with oak sage, and frost pala will slow everything down for us, and the trapper will be throwin some serious traps by NM or so, and I like the idea of a shadow to help tank.

Definitely going to be interesting with this maybe unorthadox matching of chars. i guess if we're too weak I can always restat as a summon hybrid :eek:

13. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not a huge fan of the frostzealot choice since he won't provide much to the synergy of the party and won't be able to dish out as much damage as you guys. A simple Holy Freeze merc will do almost as good if not better.

On the being weak note, a kick/trap hybrid can easily solo /players8 without much problems, even untwinked so you're good to go.

14. Naturallog

Yes, the frost zealot will lag behind in damage once the group hits Nightmare. Holy shock is a much better damage aura, or you could just run a standard fantatic zealot. One holy freeze merc will provide pretty much the same defensive benefit while not saddling a player with a lackluster build.

I speak from experience, I tried a holy freeze build very recently just as an experiment while leveling up. It worked fine until about level 50, then my damage lagged behind and I had to change builds.

EDIT: A hammerdin could be useful as well, come to think of it. Their vigor aura would be a huge help moving the group, they provide a lot of bonus damage in combat, and they can take a point in meditation for recovery.

15. Korlic

Korlic Diabloii.Net Member

Summon Druid for one.

16. Hew

Hew Diabloii.Net Member

Well I made it to NM act1 :cool: But the story has taken an unimaginable twist!!!!! Im running a vengence frostadin! It got very interesting because our third decided he was adamant about being a random player just as we were about to start our adventure!

So i said what the hell, we did a random number generator for 2 of our chars as our assassin was happy and set with his choice, Bry got a zon and I got a pally. I ironically actually kind of like the idea of a random char even after all this planning of a good combo group the last few days, and wracking my brain on all the awesome choices of a three person group and the possibilities!!!!!!!! But i wanted the group to be happy.... So I thought id go Vengence/holyfreeze (venge with diff dmg types, and holy freeze until nm act2 merc) since we had 2 lite builds in the making, but hold on:>>>>>>> Bryan changes his mind again and says , im going Bowa! :eek: Now the funny part is neither of these 2 clowns im running with really understand the idea of a group helping each other , besides drops , and I figured this will be a rough go lol. But I liked the idea of our horribly prepared group if you can believe that, and I thought what the heck, might just be fun if I outlive these 2!!! bwahaha, I know mean right? And off we set!

It gets even more crazy though!!!! :confused: Bryan decides after act2 lvl 24 ish, that he hates bowas , and zons all together and wants to change LOL. I said heck no, and it isn't fair to the group, and explained to him that we would find him some good stuff later in the game. Fine, go Lite Javs I suggested, or even a Hybrid. He quit.:mad:

And if you thought this was crazy, our assassin completely leaves me just as we're about to do Mephisto, because of personal reasons. :oops: I'm not kidding LOL

So... My group which i have been waiting for a week to play with, dissolved after a few short hours LOL. I am sticking to my frosty though for as long as I can and then will consider restating. I couldn't believe I beat baal pretty easy, 4minute battle wasnt too bad at all.

Stuffs I found and made so far:

Shenk dropped me a lovely Generals Tan Do Li Ga flail! ( I mean this was an amazing drop for me!)
    Stealth splint mail
    sigon boots and helm,( belt from meph, and the helm dropped in my chaos run! )
    and the most sexy paladin shield ive ever found in normal :
    Death Rock Heraldic shield
    21 def, chance to block 70%
    30faster block, 20 increased blocking
    7 to life
    cold res 28, lite res 13, fr 13, pr 13
    2os: which i threw a ral and ort in for some really sick res.

I really only had 2 challenges so far, Ancients was dang tough, and took a ton of pots and baal run wave 5 lister pack was a damn beast! Towned several times and had to get strategic and seperate the group to do.

So although my plan fell apart, i'm off to a good adventure with my new paladin to try, and I will see how far I can get!

ReVengR, lvl 45, act1 NM

oops forgot mention Deaths sash fell to me in act2 which was awesome for baal and baal wave 2!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  17. Naturallog

Good luck with the avenger. I've wanted to make a good vengeance build ever since I first started playing D2 and saw the skill, but I can't seem to make one work. In theory you could do immense damage very rapidly, but I can't seem to pull it off. I get bogged down by the high mana cost and low physical damage to life leech from. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

18. Hew

Hew Diabloii.Net Member

i wasnt too worried about dmg as i was going to have party help! lol, that fell apart. I made "steel" in a crystal sword and then "malice" in a flail pretty early on, act2, and with the OW i was killing everything pretty easy. I did run out of mana a lot, and still do actually, but the idea to me of the different ele dmgs coming off vengence keep me going. Lots of mana pot drinking for sure, but with 2 sigon pieces giving me 10LL, and a cathans ring for 6 more i have 12 mana pots in my belt at a time , so its not too bad. just have to keep selling everything to afford mana :( have yet to find a mana leech ring.