Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

3/AR vs 3/AR/LF scs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by sideprofile, Jun 3, 2008.

1. sideprofile

sideprofile IncGamers Member

3/AR vs 3/AR/LF scs

lots of people cannot afford to get 3/AR/LF scs ( like myself ),i know you wont have as much life as if you were to have a 3/AR/LF, but can 3/AR be a good substitute for it ? and if not what can we mediocre barbs do ?

2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: 3/AR vs 3/AR/LF scs

yes and no. get your AR to whatever level you feel is acceptable, then chase life is how i'd do it.

or live with slightly lower ar and cram up on plain 20 lifers (or as close as you got)

look into other potential charms. what kind of barb is it?

bvc: lifers, res, ar, warcry, masteries and even combats can all be put to use.

bvb: ar, masteries etc all have a place.

just look at what you have available and make a decision from there. if you happen to have a WC/lifer, use it if you have nothing better. got a nice mana/lifer gc doing nothing better? shove it on ya barb if it's the next-best-charm you have.

charms, especially max/ar/lifer and res/lifer small charms are in rather high demand. as such, they can take a fair while to build up a nice inventory of them.

3. sideprofile

sideprofile IncGamers Member

its a bvb, i was thinking of getting 9wc gcs anni/torch and everything else like 3/xx/xx and some pdscs what do you think ?

4. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

don't use WC gc's on a bvb (unless it's a wc/45lifer and you have nothing better to use), get mastery/lifers or ar/lifers instead. i'd avoid the pdsc's, it's widely considered BM in BvB (at least on west NL).

5. Barloc

Barloc IncGamers Member

Plain sc lifers are a great way to get started, plus 3 of em give more life than a plain wc GC.
    Just replace them when you can with ar/life or damage/ar/life.

Also, I like dam/ar/life GC's, which are effective but alot less then 3/xx/xx scs