Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

### 3 - 2 - 1 - Liftoff! The Official ETF3 Off-Topic Thread ###

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Trading Forums' started by krischan, May 16, 2012.

1. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

Yes I do hate football, I like to kick a ball and play some football with friends though, but all the money, time, work and violence a football game brings with it, no thanks. A few million for a player, thats nothing special, with a few million you could save alot of people from starvation or get them medical aid. All the time that is wasted on talking, speculating and so much more over, about, involving football, can be put to use better. How many policemen need to be at a match and keep the peace, they could be put to use somewhere better. How many people have been injured, died, on and of the football field, just cause somebodies team won or lost, how many damage has been done to other peoples property, all because of a sport?

I agree Equila, I like to play my monk the most, but I see me getting tired of it some day and wanting to take up another class. I'm lvling a DH at the moment, cause I was stuck on my monk and wanted to wait for the patch to see if I can get into act3 now. I also have a WD I'd like to play from time to time (only lvl 28 though) and i also want to test out a wizard and a barabarian, So I'd rather see paragon beeing on an account (maybe hardcore and softcore paragon) not on a single character.
    Maybe up the experience needed to get a paragon lvl but share it with every lvl 60 character you own.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. Eryendil

Eryendil Diabloii.Net Member

Patch 1.0.4 coming tomorrow

Why oh why is my entire week booked with things I don't want to do. I'm actually excited about it after reading the patch notes.

Ps: Hurray for the AH-related changes!!

3. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

The patch seem awesome in general.

I'm still not sure how the balance is going to work. Seems that all ranger characters tank options were hit hard with nerf to proc rates on fire pit, pets, wicked wind, caltrops and gas grenades. Equila, you think the tank DH can still work with new procs?

Hadn't read the notes for monk yet (any changes on procs there Cal?) but I know that the very popular double tornado build was not touched. I have no experience with that build but comments around are that it is quite powerful, god knows now with new proc items. Any comments from someone with exp on that build?

I'm loving the paragon idea and I have to say I'm happy that it is char specific, sorry guys :)

4. Eryendil

Mostly buffs for the Monk class. This is the only one that will hurt me in my current build:

I'm currently using a tornado build. My gear is not good enough to make maximum use of it, crit chance/crit dmg still too low, but even now it's already very powerful. I'm liking it a lot. I look forward to testing some of the buffed skills like 7-sided strike, lashing tail kick and exploding palm.

5. EquiLa

EquiLa Diabloii.Net Member

Nope, dont think it will work at all. The Caltrops nerf, no longer proccs loh, is the death of it. I just buckled up and sold off my demon gear now. Probably will get back to it a bit later if it turns off well after all.
    Seems like I'll be doing everything on the monk from now on. Both the changes and gear choices for the monk is looking great for my playstyle so I'm really looking forward to gearing him out in brand new shiny gear.

Tornado here aswell. Probably gonna roll with the exact same thing as now, just changing Breath of Haven to Seven-Sided Strike.

Noticed that Tornado got a procc rate now? "Cyclone Strike: Proc coefficient increased from 0 to 0.125"
    Might be interesting to consider some LoH for me now. No clue on what piece of gear but its probably viable without loosing too much dps.

Finally above 100m again so looking really good as a start for 1.04 :)

6. Eryendil

This is actually another skill then the one we (or at least I) am using. The tornado procs via the skill rune called Cyclone on the Sweeping Winds skill. This Cyclone strike is the skill that pulls enemies towards you.

Lol, 100M. In a few days your Monk will outgear mine by a huge difference. I only had 10M once since the launch, let alone 100M! :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  7. MortIIs

MortIIs Diabloii.Net Member

100M is I N S A N E :c

8. kamap

I agree, I'm sitting around 13m now for the patch, but 100m is achievable if you play the ah alot, or have way to much luck with drops or too much time to play. I used to play the AH when I stilled played WoW and had quite alot of gold.

9. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

So the ranged character got the LoH/proc skills nerfed but the Barb didn't change and the monk got an equivalent to Run Like the Wind?... I guess the message is that we have to play ranged characters as they are meant to be played, from afar.

That's fine as long as we don't die in two hits or find ourselves kiting for hours.

I think the WD is somewhere in the middle in a no man's land. Cannot wait to try the "reloaded" pets and see how it goes.

10. EquiLa

I'm in the playing the ah/ played a lot/quite good at flipping items category. Still, 100m is far from enough to get more then a few decent items at this point. Feels like I've been grinding forever but I'm not even close to being in the top. Looking at the new sweet items now and the prices I'm kinda thinking I will have to wait a few weeks :)

Kinda seems that way ye. Havent played my dh at all now and think its on the shelf. Seems like the paragon levels are character only, was hoping it was for the whole account but guess not. Its way too much effort farming for 2 guys with a system like this.

Paragon level 3 now, 133 base mf with follower. About 350 odd rares so far but no set or legendary. The levels scales up really really bad so its gonna take a really long while before anyone approaches the higher levels. Think it was something like 0-1 7.2m xp, 9ish for 2, 10.5m for 3. Average experience is somewhere around 4-6 m per 30min right now depending on monsterdensity in A2.

Been checking the ah aswell and the legendarys looks nice but there's still a bit too many random variables to really get excited when you get a drop yourself. A lot of crappy ones out there already which doesnt look promising if you ever want to see a usuable selffound one.

All in all enjoying the new patch. Nothing really new and exciting for my monk except that the new cyclone is borderline overpowered with the added proccrate and the improved Seven-Sided strike can 1-hit most elites :)

11. kamap

I don't really have the time anymore to flip things on the ah, its a pitty though i enjoyed it alot. I hope I can get some game time in this evening to see how the patch works out, I'll first get my DH to lvl 60 when that is done I'll start mfing with the monk again.

12. ~FaMe~

~FaMe~ Diabloii.Net Member

So are people still playing? I started again after 1.04 hit and am enjoying it a lot. However I've found that my friend list is all but empty from active players. So feel free to add me. :) I'm currently farming A2 inferno on my DH.

13. Eryendil

I'm still playing, all be it not as much as I'd like to because of RL. Feel free to add me. We've got a good bunch of people from the boards here who regularly play together (chumo, aud, kamap, equila, senza, ...).

Some of us cleared the game with our mains a couple of weeks ago so now since patch 1.0.4 we're farming in either act 2 or act 3.

<- Btag below avatar

Edit; it's very likely that we're already in each others friendslist now that I come to think of it because you were also posting here the first few weeks/months after launch :)

14. ~FaMe~

I'll add you later :) I don't have you yet, I'd remember. Only chumo on my friends list that I see online.

15. Eryendil

Cool, always nice to have more friends to group up with. Since the last patch it's very obvious that coop games are a lot more interesting then playing solo (at least in my mind). Not only for the obvious social aspect, it's also a lot easier with the nerf npc's got for coop games in the latest patch.

16. kamap

Add me aswell if you want to, I'll probably be on somewhere on sunday. 1 lvl to go with my DH and then back to mfing with my monk.

17. ~FaMe~

I'll do that as well. :)

18. EquiLa

aaand hook me up aswell while your at it.

I'll add you aswell kamap if you're ok with it. Could use a few more in my pool :)

19. Eryendil

I know it's not the right place here but does anyone have an idea about the price of this item? Need to give the guy my response tonight and in the Trade Value forums it usually takes a while before someone answers.

20. EquiLa

There's two ones up with pretty much the exact same numbers except they've got a socket instead of the extra upper damage affix. Fireress 40 instead of light but they're generally in the same area. Those two range from 14-25m.

I would shoot for around 15-20m so sounds like its pretty much spot on. Its a really nice amulet and it would fit your new playstyle really well :)