Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

### 3 - 2 - 1 - Liftoff! The Official ETF3 Off-Topic Thread ###

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Trading Forums' started by krischan, May 16, 2012.

1. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

The same with me, the item hunt in D2 was much better then in D3, cause you had the chance on some really good items, pretty easily, for example shako, if it dropped you knew you had something good, now you first have to find some rares then identify em and hope they are good. The chance on uniques / set items / or the recipes to make one is so ver low and most of them suck.
    Its a good game, but gets boring after a while. Lets hope the future brings improvement.

@magpie: Add me if you want I'll take you trough act1 inferno and kill every pack we meet, I'm nor really able to do that in act2 yet though.

2. Dahmer

Dahmer Diabloii.Net Member

I don't really want to name them all and ruin the fun for everyone.
    Me coming back in 1.04 completely depends on Blizzard getting their *** in gear to fix everything.

3. Eryendil

Eryendil Diabloii.Net Member

I understand, I probably read about most of them I guess.

I liked this post by Mike Morhaime about the current state and the future of the game:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4940437236

4. EquiLa

EquiLa Diabloii.Net Member

Hah, this is exatly what I've been doing aswell :)

I dont really enjoy the whole grind until you've got the best gear in the game part. Rather try making new and exciting speccs or characters and hope some upgrades comes a long for your main. But I'm finding this part of the game really lacking when compared to (old) D2 where you had one chance and one chance only to make your specc. There's no real incentive to make and level more then 1 or each character. I really cant make up my mind if this is good or bad thing, obviously it saves me a ton of time but I really enjoyed that part of the game aswell so...hard to really figure that one out.

I'm starting to run out of new things to do, something I didnt think would happen in several years looking back at D2 and how much I got out of it. I can still drop back into that game and try something new and exciting. And no PvP...seriously.

Just got halfway through A1 inferno on my new sorc and planning on finally beating the game with her but after that just a monk left to level and I've finished 60 on all chars. Its nice beating your goals but its way too early for my personal liking.

@MagpieLee: Add me on Equila#2341 and I can see what I can do to help you out. Always some sidegrades or whatever in my stash :)

5. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

Considering there is no ladder reset on D3 it seems to me like the challenges of this game are in HC. My plan so far is; once I have completed the game then move to HC and try to beat the game in HC with every class, I really doubt my motivation would be enough to do that but I can always go back to the game after several months and try a new class like I still do on D2.

The article from Morhaime is encouraging looking to the future of the game but I prefer not to set my expectations too high. D2 is one of the very few games that I can still be bother to play and enjoy, so far D3 has been fun and I don’t regret the time/money spend on it but I’d rather not expect it to be better than D2 cause it (very possibly) won’t be.

6. Eryendil

I'm up for that too!

7. chumo

Excellent, maybe we can put a small team together :thumbsup:

8. MagpieLee

MagpieLee Diabloii.Net Member

THANKS! for this. I actually read a few guides and they've advised me to do the Warriors Rest which is what I'm doing now and I'm okay for it. I actually found my firs ilvl63 there yesterday but it was pants

I'll add you soon :thumbup:

You too :thumbup:

Anyone else?:yes:

TO add to the debate, I'm not enjoying the grind as much as I used to. I remember back in the day when you can do Key runs, trist runs, tomb runs, boss runs, travincal runs, travincal chest runs, A1 runs (that cave that dropped good ****, I forgot what it was called), cow runs, cs runs, baal runs, that-boss-at-the-start-of Act5 Seige runs, hellforges etc. And with runes, runewords, more shrines, jewels, horadric cubes. The RWs and some items granted different skills to different classes and all in all it was simply fun but the only reason why I'm still here is because I like improving my character and trading was a large part of it last game.
    It's still quite early yo judge the game as of yet but from what I've experienced I think D2 tops D3 is many areas. I'm gonna hope that the next big updates/patches will sort out a lot of the issues raised by more smarter people than myself!

As for HC...my internet is too pants to actually commit to playing HC. I'd hate to hit a lag spike then see myself fast forwarding to die :(

9. Eryendil

Reading this actually made me a bit sad when comparing it to D3.

Ps: Feel free to add me too of course, Caledus#2708

10. chumo

It actually makes me want to play a bit of D2 this weekend… last time I did I found myself running in circles around the gold trying to pick it up and collecting every single blue item on the ground :doh:

But at least I can be pretty sure that my laptop will not crash while playing D2 no matter what graphics settings I put on it.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  11. kamap

I had the same when I lastly played D2 ^^, its better in so many ways and its worse in so many others.
    Tkae the good things from D2 add the good things from D3 make D4 and I'll be happy ^^

12. MagpieLee

MagpieLee Diabloii.Net Member

btw guys. I've had a couple of runs with kamap is he is pro

13. kamap

I'm not, I cruise trough act 1 that is true, but any other act gives me troubles, act2 is doable.
    The real pro here is caledus, he helped me alot. I do hope to get some runs in with him and the rest of the regulars ^^ and offcourse some with you aswell magpie.

14. chumo

Indeed, we hadn't team up for a while... you're welcome to join anytime :) .... we've been doing MF runs in act 2 aiming to have a min of 200%mf with NV5 for the group.

@Magpie feel free to add me too.

15. Eryendil

Talked to Kamap yesterday, he's almost at 200% MF with nv5 too now.

Chumo, Mandracore and me reached Act 4 Inferno last night. Had a fairly smooth progress run, no loot of course but it was nice to end up in the very last act of the game before calling it a night. Looking forward to progress in Act 4 now.

16. kamap

I have 187% mf now, if I have won one of my bids I'll have 203% if Its the new awsome helm that will be 228%.
    If I won everybid I should have 263%, but I doubt I'll have won any cause they all experied while I'm at work. So consider it 187%.
    I do hope to join you guys some more.
    Gratz on getting to act 4, you did get some loot, no?
    No loot from progressing trough an act is harsh.

17. EquiLa

EquiLa Diabloii.Net Member

So..decided to put up my pair of gloves to see if they were actually worth what I thought. Put them up for auction and logged off.
    Was suprised to see that they had sold when I logged back on and was quite happy with it until I realised that I had missed a zero. Most probably 10mill down the drain. 3rd time in a fairly short timeperiod, really makes you want to kick yourself :/

18. Eryendil

Nothing worth keeping for me, I don't know about the others. I don't mind though, glad Act 3 is behind me for now. MF runs in Act 2 are going pretty well and it'll take a while before I can run through Act 3 with MF gear.

Ouch, that sucks. You're certain it's not some other pair of gloves that got sold? Guess you double checked...

19. kamap

But you got some loot, nothing worth keeping but you got loot ^^, you quite a good feeling I guess to be able to start act4 now.

Ouch 10m down the drain that must hurt, I haven't gotten an item I could sell for more then 1 million though, so I can't really compare and know what it would be like.

Well I'm hoping my UNID 63's sell so I can gear up a bit more, but if they don't sell I'll ID em and hope there is something sellable there.
    I'm gonna let them run here for a while but if after the weekend there is no one interested I'll try Bnet and if no one there is interested they get IDed.

20. chumo

Nothing for me either. I even changed skills in the middle and everything, but the idea was to progress through it, so no complains.
    187%mf sounds good enough :thumbsup:

Wow, that's painful... I always have a quick look in "auctions" after putting an item for sale just to check the number including the "," before the 5 min timeout, it saved me at least once. Anyway, not much you can do now. Sorry to hear that.