Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

### 3 - 2 - 1 - Liftoff! The Official ETF3 Off-Topic Thread ###

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Trading Forums' started by krischan, May 16, 2012.

1. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

Hight magpie, how are you doing, if you are playing D3 add us, add us all!

KK is faster to type then anything else (instead of the m offcourse).

2. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

Don't know... I've never seen this before, but I don't play any other game than Diablo (and ocassionally FF) and unfortunately I cannot talk about millions, m(s) or kk(s) when refering to my RL bank account :ponder:

Btw guys, I think we were very unlucky yesterday with that pack... I did a solo run later and it went quite smooth, still died twice against an Arcane sentry/Vortex pack but nothing too disturbing... we should give it another try.

3. Eryendil

Eryendil Diabloii.Net Member

I agree :)

4. Aud

Aud Diabloii.Net Member

Have found a few legendaries the past week: Tyraels Might + Logan's Claw + Windforce. I'm laughing so much when I ID them as they're so blatantly useless and worthless. I can't for the life of me figure out how or why they passed through item-clearance ( or whatever one might call it). A windforce with 670 dps? Wow. I won't ever need another item. A Tyraels Might with 30 dex and 230 int? Wow. Best chest for my wizard. A lvl 57 claw with 250 dps? Wow. Let me scratch out the rest of your remaining two braincells that you didnt even use to figure out itemization for legendaries

5. Dahmer

Dahmer Diabloii.Net Member

Lol, so true man... their response is usually "we didn't want them to be overpowered to the point where everyone wants them" they clearly succeeded, nobody wants them.

6. Aud

Aud Diabloii.Net Member

Exactly. Just found another 10 mins ago. "Warmonger". Sharding that useless piece of bit and pixels

7. MagpieLee

MagpieLee Diabloii.Net Member

Hi hi I remember both your nicknames:) Just cruising this website forum as it is an old fav of mine and I wanted to gage how others are doing as well as prices.
    As for me, it's fair to say I'm doing ****. I'm a part time player which doesn't help my cause either! I'm a barb, lvl 60 and I'm in the first act of Inf. It really is an eye-opener of the difference from Hell to Inf. I checked out a couple of guides and I lacked something vital which is LoH.
    So my plan was to get loads of MF gear and MF my way out of poverty. Only it didn't really work cus I found rubbish and I salvaged my rares lol.
    My next plan was to get loads of GF (and radius cus I thought it would be cool to pick up gold half the screen away). Then I find out about MF and it's drops etc so I'm sorta in limbo. I usually just do 1-2 runs a night due to the crapness of this game (sorry fanboys, this game is decent but it's no D2 in terms of pretty much everything save for graphics).
    Strangely, AH is a more of a time consumer than actual paying. I spend time just bidding on items I have no hope of getting hehe

8. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I finished act 1 inferno yesterday and I don't think the step from act 4 hell to act 1 inferno is that big. My wizard still wipes the floor with regular mosters and has problems with bosses. OK, a few more problems with bosses... and maybe I didn't notice that much of the change because I invested 600k into allres+vit+int gear and a small bit of +crit chance before the second half of hell act 3. However, I don't think I needed more than one attempt on any act 1 quest boss, except the Butcher. The random bosses are often tougher.

The Butcher isn't really a problem if fought from a distance, once you know which gestures introduce which of his actions (except for learning the hard way that the time between the gesture for doing the hook thing and catching you with it is shorter :badteeth:), but unlike in the other difficulties, he decided to put the whole place on fire at the same time when he was down to 10% life, all of the place and three times in a row. He never did that to that extent before, so once my wizard ran through the usual healing opportunities, she died, even though she had 600-700 allres. I finally succeded at the fourth attempt, maybe he ran out of coal.

9. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

I agree entirely, even though I'm still having quite a lot of fun playing it.

Hadn't try GF at all and just recently (this weekend) I started to play a bit with MF, still looking to see if it does make any difference. Before I just made runs on A1 till I got lucky enough to find a decent item that could sell on 5m+ then eventually moved to do the same on A2 and currently trying to get to a level where I can farm A3.

LOL
    I don't think it is possible to survive once he reaches enrage, no matter how much resist you have.
    Act 1 is really easy compared with A2/3, we had to spend a long time farming A1 before we could gear-up for A2 and now we are having the same kind of situation for A3.

I'm also playing a wizard and the monsters on A3 have so much life that I need to kite for ages, it's not worth the effort. It is a bit better when we play on a group though.

10. MagpieLee

Are you forming on Inf? I've been farming on A3 Hell from Machines of War to the end of the act, usually in pub games

11. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I'm not really in a MF mood at this point, so I will probably finish hell with my DH and my barb before. I made about 5 runs of the same area as you with my wizard, but I found almost nothing worth keeping (except for selling it to a vendor), so I finished inferno act 1 instead yesterday.

12. Dahmer

MF makes a rather big difference...

My experience farming act 2 :
    0 mf on gear = more magical than rare items and most rare items have 3 or 4 affixes (didn't see any 6 affix rares)
    130 mf on gear = more rare than magical items and most rare items have 4 or 5 affixes (got quite a few 6 affix rares)

Also since getting mf gear I'm getting more legendary items so maybe one day I'll get lucky finding a useful one :D

13. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones Diabloii.Net Member

A MagpieLee! Very rare find.

14. KremBanan

KremBanan Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmm, install D3 or not? Have the discs on my desk right now :)

15. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

Hey banana man, long time no see. Install it and come hangout with us.
    Magpie, we are indeed forming on inf, they (chumo, caledus, ...) are cruising trough act2 and starting act3 and I'm lagging behind, from time to time I do join em but I mostly die alot when they hit up act3.
    Act1 is cruisable for me, act2 is doable, act3 is getting my *** based, cooked, sliced, baked, roasted, chopped up and then handed back to me.

16. MagpieLee

haha so it ain't just me then. I actually finished act 1 inf the other day but I'm not proud of myself because I had to skip some unique packs which I hate doing. And it seems that I can only take down elites when I am in WotB mode. Really lame. Right now I'm in mid Act2 and taking a break from progressing and going back to some GF/MF with pubbies.

Does anyone know where itemlvl 63's drop?

Krem, if your PC can handle it, come join us. Seeing as you already have the CDs anyway. I played once or twice with Hyarmenionsdonsodin but it's really quite sporadic.

IncJones - hey mate how's it going? Nice to see some "old" faces. I feel like new. *Cue Madonna's Like a Virgin*

17. Dahmer

After all this bull**** with the amount of exploits, amount of people abusing them and how long it took for blizz to fix one I'm done. Can't enjoy myself anymore, too many of my friends have quit and I'm bored and annoyed minutes after getting online...

1.04 better be awesome... or 1.05... or... meh :(

18. blackrocksword

blackrocksword Diabloii.Net Member

!

Act 1 Inferno onwards. But Act 1 has something like 4%.

Beat the game last weekend, I was a monk so I mainly tanked and let my brother who used a wizard to deal most of the damage. Never had any real good gear (only had 14k dps and 700 resists to all unbuffed that's how bad it was), I think total amount of gold spent on gear was a few million tops. Patch 1.0.3 does make things a bit easier.

The itemisation in this game is not very good, there is no incentive to farm for items. Not especially when legendaries are so bad (They are super rare to come by, to make them so lousy is just a cruel joke) plus the lack of item variety so all you really look forward to is some good rares. So I'll be taking a break from this game, don't know if I will ever come back to it or not. Hopefully things will turn for the better with the patches.

You're not the only one who feels like this. It wasn't before the last weekend that I kept playing (Beating the game was still a motivating factor for me then) but there is no motivation for me to go on now. I think my best times were from the start of my first character up till Inferno Act 1 (Never discovered the Auction House until then believe it or not).

19. skullvomit

skullvomit Diabloii.Net Member

I've been logging in now and then for last few days and logging off almost in an instant. I'm still in the spider cave of Hell Act1 :D That's where I'd advanced pre-patch and now after the patching, although people seem to say the game has got easier, I die to normal mobs that I could wipe easily in vanilla. Go figure... (and while figuring I wait GW2)

20. Eryendil

Eryendil Diabloii.Net Member

Here you go, MPL:

The new approximate drop rates are as follows:

Hell – Act III and Act IV
    iLvl 61: 9% to 13.9%
    iLvl 62: 1.9% to 3.45%
    iLvl 63: 0% (no change)

Inferno – Act I
    iLvl 61: 17.7% to 23.9%
    iLvl 62: 7.9% to 12.6%
    iLvl 63: 2.0% to 4.8%

Inferno – Act II
    iLvl 61: 18.6% to 23.3%
    iLvl 62: 12.4% to 18.6%
    iLvl 63: 4.1% to 9.3%

Inferno – Act III and Act IV
    iLvl 61: 24.1% to 27.1%
    iLvl 62: 16.1% to 21.7%
    iLvl 63: 8.0% to 16.3%

Sad to hear that man. Which exploits are you referring too? Hope to see you back in 1.04 in any case.

I'm afraid this might be exactly what will happen to me. I've been stalling on beating the game mostly because I'd like to do it together with my brother who tends to die a lot more in progress games and doesn't think it a lot of fun because of that. But.. I fear that once we actually do beat the game I will also start getting bored more and more. Item hunting should be fun and in today's D3 it simply isn't. I must say however that I really like what Blizzard has in store for us in this game. So I'm still optimistic about the future. In the meantime I started leveling a DH, we'll see what the future brings.