Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

### 3 - 2 - 1 - Liftoff! The Official ETF3 Off-Topic Thread ###

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Trading Forums' started by krischan, May 16, 2012.

1. Dahmer

Dahmer Diabloii.Net Member

Little warning for everyone here, don't buy unidentified items because there are ways for people to check the stats before identifying them so people selling them can check if they're good or not and only keep the bad ones unidentified...

Just a heads up!

2. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

Where did you get that from, I believed the items where rolled when you indentified them, not before.
    I might be mistaken though.
    But could you link us a post about it, else its just hearsay.

3. Eryendil

Eryendil Diabloii.Net Member

It's not hearsay. It's actually been proven even. Don't have time at the moment to look for sources but it's on reddit and also on the official D3 forums.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Actually, you can determine the number of affixes of unid items with a rather easy trick. See here: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...le-exploit-to-see-how-many-prop-a-UI-item-has

That means, it's currently not a good idea to trade unid items. I'm probably not going to ban anybody who believes that he has been cheated because there will hardly be a way to proove it... and things like "all five items had just 3 affixes" are no proof. With other words, expect unid rares to have a low amount of affixes.

5. kamap

That sucks, I was selling my unid things, hoping someone would get something good out of it and I made some good money, but now I'll have to wait till blizz fixes things.
    Also I do not like the fact that with lower mf, you not only have the chance to not find as much rares / legendaries, but that you also have less chance on more affixes on the ones you do find.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The market for unid items might be spoiled for long because clever cheaters will keep their unid rares after they found out the amount of affixes, to be sold when people begin to feel safe again. I might be too pessimistic, however, the items would waste space for too long to make it profitable.

Maybe it's best if Blizzard reveals the amount of affixes on rares right away, that will also eliminate the question about the mount of MF the seller had when he found it, as it decides about their number as well.

7. kamap

I agree with showing the amount of affixes / suffixes an item will have.

But I'd love for them change how mf works.
    I'm running around with 0%mf and I'm not carrying around an mf set cause I do not want to swap items for a kill cause I find that to be a broken mechanic.
    But if if I'd want mf on my items I'd pay millions or loose some much needed stats.
    So I'd rather make it that everyone has the same chance to get a high numbre of affixes, just let me find less rares / legendaries.
    That way I can run the game in the gear I'd like to use / can afford, but still have a decent chance on getting that godly item that will boost my gold / dmg / survivability sky high.

8. Eryendil

I agree. I hate MF swapping and as a melee character (Monk in my case) it's really not possible to buy the gear I need with MF on top of it if I want to farm in act 3. I don't mind finding a couple of rares per run less then people who don't mind the MF swap, or ranged classes who can still kill stuff with MF gear. But I do mind that next to finding less rares, I'm also punished with them being of lower quality. It's just not right. Hopefully they fix it in some way, and quick, because right now this is just another dissapointment which drives people to quit or to start botting.

9. Dahmer

Man you guys are such pessimists :p

It's not a punishment to not have mf, it's a gift to have mf. You don't have 0 chances of getting 6 affixes without mf, you just have a bit more with mf gear. What you just said about act 3 and mf gear is true for me and the main reason why I'm not ready for it. I'm gathering mf gear to farm act 2 because I like act 2 :D

Once I get big upgrades for one ring & amu (the two items that are seriously lacking resists) I'll be ready for act 3 :)

10. Eryendil

If you search around these boards for older posts I've made you'll see that I'm as far from a pessimist as one can be when it concerns D3. This is actually the first time I really feel at a disadvantage compared to other classes. The gear I need as a Monk with extra MF is in the 8 digit price range for every single item and thus too hard to attain unless you get a lucky drop (which is less likely to happen without MF swap ;p). As stated before, I don't mind getting fewer drops, but it really sucks to get lesser quality drops on top of that. It's just not right.

Soooo.. back to MF item set swapping before boss kills I guess.

/rant out

On another, more positive note. Yesterday we managed to kill Ghom and progressed up till the Arreat Crater. After that we reset the game to the Siegebreaker quests, got 5 NV stacks in the Keep and finished Siegebreaker. This run now seems like a good replacement of our act 2 farm runs as it went pretty smooth :)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  11. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

I think I'll have to disagree this time Cal.

The way I see it, the main difference between a blue item and a yellow is the number of affixes. The game doesn't determine if the item is yellow first and then rolls the number of affixes, it just rolls how many affixes an item will have from top to bottom with separete % for each category (6, 5, 4, etc) then depending on the results the item may be blue or yellow. I cant see how could MF work differently to give us more chances to get a rare item than increasing the chances for each category (number of afixxes).

In defense of the ranged characters... I don't think it is that easy to succed using MF in acts 2/3 doing solo runs. i.e; I only use MF gear in A1, if I try to do that in A2 I get raped within seconds. Is easier to do it in a group but the MF in a group game is averaged between all players anyway.

12. Eryendil

All the info can be found here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find

Guess I'm just a bit annoyed by the fact that I cannot afford high end gear with MF on it, thus being forced to MF swap (which I really dislike), or bring the group's average MF down by a lot since I currently only have 15% MF without stacks =)

Anyway, I'll get over it.

13. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

I don't even know how accurate is that info (for example; WTH is a "1-affix rare", I surely have never seen one of those) but is the best we have at the moment.

I'm with you on that one... I have 0% MF and there is no chance I'll do gear swap (*screw that*). But if we can do act 3 consistently we should have better drops even with no MF, we will get there eventually :)

14. Dahmer

Sorry if I was a bit harsh calling you a pessimist Ery but that's what it looked like to me calling it a punishment to not have mf. It's still a matter of personal choice. As a monk you're quite limited with mf gear since you need two stats for resists while I only need one, that can turn the requirement of 5 affixes on good items to 6 affixes with mf... making it a lot more expensive :s

Nobody knows the differences yet between act 1, 2, 3 & 4 in terms of 4, 5 or 6 affixes so just kill where you want to kill and hope you get lucky :D It's still very much possible to get 6 affixes with 0 mf from gear and also possible to get 5 good affixes on an item. Don't forget you don't really need 6 affixes for an item to be worth millions, just the right ones :D

15. kamap

I also have 0%mf and no way that I'll be able to afford some nice mf upgrades, or I need to get lucky. I also wont gear swap, I liked how mf was in d2 and I do hope blizzard changes something about mf.

If act3 is going fine, could I tag along just to see it, I'm starting to feel comfortable in act2, act1 became a cakewalk but its getting boring doing it over and over again, I can hold my own in act2 with some dying but I do hate act2 in general so I wont be mfing there, haven't set a foot in act 3 yet.

Got [email protected], I hope I win some auctions cause then I'll have between 500 and 600 @res, around 40k ish life, between 5 and 6k armor and 18 ish dps. But I doubt I'll win those auctions, so I'm geared for act2 but way out of act3 range, but I would love to try it.

16. Eryendil

Sure, you can join us on one of those siegebreaker runs if you want. I'll whisper you if there's a spot and I see you online.

I doubt you'll survive long with only ~550 @ res but I guess that's unbuffed? These warcries help out a lot. They buff my @ res to 1104 so I don't mind having a barb tag along :)

17. Dahmer

On a different note... what's up with people here suddenly saying kk instead of m, mil or even million? Doesn't make sense at all :s
    I've seen it in a different game with some asian players that thought it made sense to say kk for million and kkk for billion but here...wtf?

18. Eryendil

Since trading is practically dead on ETF atm people go elsewhere to trade stuff, and that's where you learn to speak l33t as we all know :)

19. MagpieLee

MagpieLee Diabloii.Net Member

hi guys how's it going?

20. Eryendil

Hi MagpieLee, I remember your nickname. Not sure we've ever been in contact so it's probably because I've been lurking around these forums for a long time without posting the years before D3. Anyway, all good here I guess. Are you also playing D3 now? Which character did you choose and what's your progress status?