Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

### 3 - 2 - 1 - Liftoff! The Official ETF3 Off-Topic Thread ###

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Trading Forums' started by krischan, May 16, 2012.

1. Eryendil

Eryendil Diabloii.Net Member

Will do, Dahmer. Iirc we're already befriended right? Always nice to have more players to farm with!

And you're right about the followers, I think they passively level together with your char up till level 59. I also had to do the last level on one of my other followers in the meantime.

2. Dahmer

Dahmer Diabloii.Net Member

Yea we are :D And for my progress in act 3, I managed to kill 2 elite packs without much issues but the third one hurt way too much. Can't remember the type of mob but they were big and seriously hard hitting :s

3. Eryendil

We managed to get to the area right before Ghom. But not without skipping a couple of packs and dying more then I'd like to admit :)

4. Dahmer

Oh I don't skip, my idea is that when I can't kill it I shouldn't be there :) I'm really stubborn though so I rarely give up :D

5. Eryendil

That's a healthy philosophy. We also quit shortly after with the same idea of not belonging there. Now we're practically all farming act 2 to gear up for act 3. Got 2 upgrades this weekend which boosted my dmg from 13k to 15.5k, crit chance increase with 10% and my all res to 810+. Slowly getting to a point where I'd like to give act 3 another go. I'd like some more damage output, a bit more armor (9k now buffed), more extra crit damage and 5% more crit chance (playing Monk).

6. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

I'm also up for some farming, but I'm mostly still doing act1 inferno. I didn't have time to play this weekend cause we are edoing our house and had to work in it. I should be abel to squize in some hours of D3 this week.
    It was awsome farming with eryendil and the likes, I had some nice and decent upgrades and probably some items to sell aswell. I can hold my own in act1 now, but act 2 I can do with others around, soloing it isn't yet possible.

7. Aud

Aud Diabloii.Net Member

Do olks here find it alright if I just add your battletag for some co-op playing? ( fixed does to do!*edit*)

Playing mainly barb myself with a wizard slowly climbing towards lvl 60.

Have cleared inferno and normally farming act2 and act3 ( cba with act4 as theres too few champ packs and too many hps at times :) )
    Stats are decent. 45kish dmg and 49/50k life

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. Eryendil

Feel free to add me. I'm not ready for Act 3 yet but farming Act 2 pretty easily these days.

Edit: Aud, Krahl? Can it be? Audane from Denmark, the guy who bought me my first copy of WoW and sent it to Belgium via the post? Officer in Bloodstorm, sister guild of Protectorate? ;-)

9. kamap

You can add me aswell, not even near ready for act3, not even ready for act2 actually, ask Eryendil, he will tell you.
    But I can hold my own in act1.

10. Dahmer

Well, clearing act 2 as a group is a lot more fun than doing it solo, thanks for the invite Eryendil :)
    You also asked me if I died after the game and I actually came super close 3 times while trying to keep those plagued skeletons busy while you guys killed the other pack, one mob from that other pack was being annoying around me too and I couldn't kill it, yay for invulnerable minions :(

11. Eryendil

Wasn't that bad, some more resists would do you a lot of good.

You're welcome. There's a growing number of people interested in these evening-filling Act 2 farm runs. Soon we'll be able to run two groups at once =)

12. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

Indeed, it's great to see more people joining. We just need to make sure we have at least one tank on each group.
    Eryendil has been doing an amazing job tanking for us :)

Guys, feel free to add me. Please let me know you are from the forums in your invite.

13. kamap

Thats something I will be looking into next time I get to play D3, see what my highest res is at the moment and scout the ah for some decent not to costly upgrades.
    I think I was mostly looking for arc + @res, but I might switch to cold or lightning res cause I believe those cost less.

14. Dahmer

Suppose I can tank a2 just fine :D Just a few upgrades (mainly a stormshield) and I should be good for a3. :)

15. Aud

Aud Diabloii.Net Member

That is me :)
    been a while huh?? Glad to see you've returned to our roots Caledus!!!

16. Aud

Aud Diabloii.Net Member

Had my daughter with me earlier Cal so the message got a bit short from the iPad. It's utterly funny bashing up the iPad when you're one :D

Been quite a few years now Cal - hope rl is still treating you good? Did mr. Rhothgar brotherman quit WoW too? I think he was still at it when I quit 1½ years ago - although not on his old paladin main

The strangest thing happened with my facebook "recommended friends" about 6 months ago: It recommended you! How it managed that I'm not sure - perhaps it was leeching off of my hotmail.com e-mail list, but sure as heck was a bit weird :=)

Dahmer: Why use a stormshield? A few weeks ago I was running the 1H/shield "tank" build with tons of passives etc and very low dmg. Along came 1.0.3 and gone was that spec. Sold my 32% stormshield bought a decent weapon and shield and switched to 3 offensive passives. Things just obliterate in act2 and most often in act3 ( though some cause a few issues but a repairbill of only tear and wear is boring!)
    If you're playing another char but a barb perhaps disregard the above Dahmer ;p

17. Eryendil

No worries man. Sure, I'm doing alright, getting older like everyone else I guess. Bought a house, doing the ol' practice runs for our hopefully soon-to-be firstborn hah. Rhothgar also quit WoW a good while ago. He's actually also playing D3 now. I'll hit you up with his Btag later. I'll make sure to add you so we can catch up.

Ps: Weird stuff from facebook, but I think you're right, must have something to do with your hotmail contact list I guess hehe

18. kamap

Then we are about doing the same.
    We are rebuilding our house, went from 88m² to 250+m² (counting the attic which is between 66m² and 77m²) living space, we are doing the ceiling now, then fixing the walls and painting them.
    Also doing some practice runs and we where close last week we think, my wife was a week overdue and thats something that normally doesn't happen, we can't be sure offcourse.
    I quited WoW when D3 came out.
    But I refuse to get a facebook page!

For something totally different: I got [email protected] now, 37k ish life, 5k ish armor, but still only 12.7k dps (15k with the 18% from deadly reach). Act1 is a cakewalk now, I can take on double packs (with the necesarry kiting and juggling offcourse) on my own but when I try act2 I can handle the start but from middle ish (kule quests) I get my sweet, cute, tight behind, sliced, diced, seasoned, thrown on the grill and then handed back to me.

19. Aud

Aud Diabloii.Net Member

Gave "Americas" part of the trade forum a glance. The EU part is quite pathetic compared and that's a crying shame :x

Kamap: All grown up now with families - gaming is in another place than it was 10-12 years ago. But still close at hand!

20. kamap

Yes, I'm a big boy now! I game on my computer a lot less, indeed, but I have other things to play with now, which are more fun.