Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

### 3 - 2 - 1 - Liftoff! The Official ETF3 Off-Topic Thread ###

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Trading Forums' started by krischan, May 16, 2012.

1. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

FYI, we had a few rules changes (and more might follow), as oldschool trading doesn't seem to happen here that much. Keeping things as they have always been doesn't seem to be enough. It's simply much easier to do it in the auction house, so we will have to concentrate on the kinds of trades which cannot be made there. For example, it's allowed to offer crafting services.

We don't need stickies abut dumb threads or for mocking those who made them. I think a warning or a ban is the better reaction, but it's not because such an offer is unrealistic, but because it's not allowed to trade for RW money here. This forum is for trading itself, not for discussing trades, not even absurdly dumb ones. You can do that in this thread, as long as it isn't violating the general forum rules.

2. DOC

DOC Off Topic Moderator

As you should sir.

And not to get burned at the stake, but I still do not get soccer as a spectator sport. Loved playing it, but just can't get into games.

*uses beaver claws to dig for cover*

3. Aud

Aud Diabloii.Net Member

I know Krischan. It's been like this/that since I joined in 2003/4 - never could dig up my old account from back then after years of pause from incgamers and the Diablo-series.

However - I still find it to be an incredibly great example of how much real life money certain people consider their items to be worth. Especially as it wasn't even near true high-end inferno gear. What I asked for will never happen I'm well aware... that's why this is the OT thread afterall - no? ;=)

Bit of a shame about AH removing so much attention from this forum. Was a really sweet place along with marketplace back in the very very busy Diablo2 days of 2003-200X

4. Fercil

Fercil Diabloii.Net Member

Hi Doc!

*drops a bottle of bear down the hole*

I'm certain Kris could work some magic with that old account. After all, since it's not that busy here nowadays he needs something to keep him getting all rusty.

5. MagpieLee

MagpieLee Diabloii.Net Member

hi all. how's it going?

6. Tankmobile

Tankmobile Diabloii.Net Member

Started playing the new patch after a bit of a break, but I'm just not getting compelled to keep playing in the same way as D2. Anyone else having the same feelings? Used to have 2 accounts full of levelled characters on d2, but I have a 57 barb, and a low level witch doctor and wizard, and just don't have the same manic need to play that I so miss now :D

7. DOC

DOC Off Topic Moderator

*Snatches Cerf's beer and scampers to the corner to relax*

I am slightly lower on the feeling totem pole. I only just saw the game in action briefly about a week ago. I honestly did not even realize it was out and thought it still had a few months til launch. But was intrigued nonetheless. Now if only I owned a computer that could play it properly!

*Ponders petty theft* :hanky:

8. BRKO

BRKO Diabloii.Net Member

Hi Lee :)

@chumo, jffun cheers guy but I dont have much time to play now but gonna try to sort that out .)

9. Eryendil

Eryendil Diabloii.Net Member

I've also been experiencing a bit more lag since the new patch. The fact that there's several people reporting this makes me believe it's because of a change made by Blizzard. It's only minor for me though and mostly when I've just fired up D3.

Welcome back. I have the impression it's pretty hard to sell lower level items on the forums here. Too bad but it's just too easy to get them via the in-game AH. Feel free to add me on Bnet. Lately I've been teaming up a lot with chumo and jffun. Playing in a good group sure beats playing solo imo. It's just more fun.

On another note, I've just returned from a 3 day metal festival where we witnessed awesome shows by Ozzy Osbourne, Slayer, Machine Head, Motorhead and many, many others. Had a great time and I'm still recovering from the festival experience. It sure takes longer lately so I must be getting old !

10. Fercil

News don't travel that well over there, eh? Pretty amazing you've managed to miss the release.

I don't think the computer spec requirements are too harsh for D3, after all it's not that spectacular graphics wise. I can't actually remember what they recommend though either, just a gut feeling.

11. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom Diabloii.Net Member

If you want you can PM me your specs and I'll check if there's any way your pc can run D3. I've made three pc's D3 ready for less than 50$ each :)

12. BRKO

BRKO Diabloii.Net Member

Hi eryendil,
    the thing is I can play only during the day when junior takes a nap. Not a teamplayer atm :/

As for the game I must say its been fun so far. I smoothly reached the Arreat keep with cleave-rupture & rend combo and some basic gear amidst beheaded enemies exploding in fountains of blood and broken limbs flying all over. Checked briefly the auction house thingy and the prices made me laugh. But I will surely have another proper look at it.

13. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

Well if anyone feels like playing with a lvl 60 monk you can add kamap#2813 to your buddy list, just mention ETF in the friends request.

14. Eryendil

No worries, mate! We all got busy lives nowadays I guess. I usually play 2, sometimes 3 weekday evenings from 7-11pm. During weekends I try to play on Sunday's during the day, but only if my gf's at work. So compared to my play time in D2 back in the day it's laughable. Can't complain though, many people can play even less I guess.

Edit: I'll add you tomorrow, kamap, I'm also playing a lvl 60 monk in act 2 Inferno right now. Stuck at retrieving the blood of Zoltan Kulle :)

15. kamap

kamap Diabloii.Net Member

Eryendil: I'm farming act 3 and 4 of hell cause I'm getting slaughtered in act1 inferno ^^

I have also less time to play, compared to D2 days, I'm married now, redoing our house (mostly in the weekends) making a baby somewhere in between aswell.

In the old days I could play from when I got home from work and had dinner (between 17-18h) till I went to bed which was mostly 2 at night so thats about 8 hours on weekdays and in the weekend that could go up to 12+ each day. Mind the I could not that I did, sometimes I did but it was not on a regular basis.

Now I can play from 18-19h till 20-21h in the weekends it depends if we go working at the house or not and till how late we work and if people come to help, cause then we make dinner and talk. So there are weekends that I play less then on a weekday.

But I don't regret it for a minute!

16. jffun

jffun Diabloii.Net Member

D3 doesn't even come close to D2 in addictiveness and this new way of trading just makes it worse. When i bought D3 almost a month ago i was all hyped up about the nepahlem valor buff and the many farming options, now that turned into a confused distress kind of feeling. I just hope they(blizzard) comes up with something really quick and makes playing for hours in a row feel rewarding and fun.

This might have sound like another QQ but what i really wanted to say is, better spend quality time with your family and friends IRL than waste countless hours daily on a game and be mostly dissatisfied after it.

17. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You need something like this (deluxe version):

[​IMG]

Additional measures might be needed, like metal bars, barbed wire, electrical wire, a barred ceiling or a heavy iron ball chained to his foot.

18. Fercil

If I ever need a babysitter I want Kris for the job.

19. chumo

chumo Diabloii.Net Member

I do not think D3 is a bad game, I wouldn’t play if I didn’t enjoy it. However as it stands at the moment it’s not as good as D2. Several things about the game are not great but my main issue with it is the lack of flavour on legendary items, Blizzard said this will be addressed on 1.1 so let’s wait and see.

The NV mechanic is a very nice idea but it’s a bit disappointing that we cannot change acts as we do on D2. It would be great if we could get stack and then go anywhere we want in the entire game killing stuff without having to leave the game and start from scratch.

In terms of trading and how the AH affects the way we gear up; I don’t really mind it. I don’t know how people used to get glorious drops on D2 cause that never happened to me. The way I used to gear up on D2 was selling Pgms and low level rune packs and that’s not very different than collecting gold and then using it on the AH, at least with gold I don’t need 15 mules to store all those packs.

20. Eryendil

I agree with everything chumo just wrote there. I'd like to add that personally I'd like charms back. I liked charms :)