Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2x Shael, 2x ED Jewel, or 2x Light facet in bow?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Keaka26, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

2x Shael, 2x ED Jewel, or 2x Light facet in bow?

For my hunter build, Im using an Elited Witchwild String bow, the damage isnt so hot, but critical strike is level based (+1 per level) so at level 75, I have a damn good chance of double damage. Right now I have 2 rare ED jewels with some other mods for between 30-45% ED. I was thinking of either double shaeling it (faster FPA = more criticals = more damage), or using my 2 4/4 light facets in it.

Im not sure how to calculate the FPA in normal form with a bow, so Im not sure if theres any benefit of 2 shaels over just one. Then I could do one ED jewel, and one Shael. Damn, I wish I had some 40ED/15IAS jewels...

Anywho, any ideas? Suggestions?

TIA!

Keaka

2. FenrisWulf

FenrisWulf IncGamers Member

Elite Witchwild String: Diamond Bow (base speed [0]), 2 sockets

Diamond Bow breaks:
    0% IAS: 15 frames
    10% IAS: 14 frames
    20% IAS: 13 frames
    30% IAS: 12 frames
    50% IAS: 11 frames
    75% IAS: 10 frames
    125% IAS: 9 frames (max)

All sources of equipment IAS for non-shifted Druids are counted equally (ie, no difference between WIAS and OIAS). However, skill-based IAS (Fanatacism, for example) bypasses the diminishing returns part of the formula, so you'd probably want to check out a Weapon Speed Calculator if that's an issue.

3. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

ATM I am using sigons gloves, but not sure for how long.

Sigons +30% IAS + 40% from shaels is 70%, 5% shy of 10 frames. With no sigons, I am at 40% IAS which is 10% shy of 11.

So the difference between 15 and 11 frames is pretty big, right? So then would the shaels be more useful than the facets or the ED jewels? I WIIIISH i had 40/15s! Then I'd have exactly 50% IAS for 11 frames and an extra 80% ED!

Damn.

4. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

I'd dual Shael it, and get an ammy with IAS, or Nos' Coil or something like that. It's worth the speed, probably.

Good luck!

5. DeathsHand

DeathsHand IncGamers Member

im confused, why would u consider putting light facets in it? druids have no lightning dmg based skills.

6. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Haha, I was just gonna put them in there to have some elemental based damage being delt with the bow, its pretty much a physical only bow.