Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2nd skill for fire sorcs for FI?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by AFew, Jul 14, 2010.

1. AFew

AFew IncGamers Member

2nd skill for fire sorcs for FI?

what skill should i pump rest of stats into as a fire sorc? 20 fire ball, 20 fire bolt, 20 meteor, 20 fire mastery, 1 inferno, 1 blaze, 1 fire wall, 1 warmth, 1 static, 1 teleport, 1 telekensis = 87 skill pts, 12 from quests so that puts me at 75 to max fire skills. lets just say i get to 85 that gives me 10 xtra skill pts to kill fire immunes. i was thinking nova since theres no prerequisites i dont already have, so i could do +10 nova. or other......input/help/advice?

2. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

Re: 2nd skill for fire sorcs for FI?

87 skill points in total. Maximum skill points: 110.
    You could make a metaorb, that is if you want to deal with immunes; though metaorb is not the only variant, I do think that your current set up is too much into fire to create anything else than a metaorb without a reset.

Too tired to make sense.

3. TurtleBay

TurtleBay IncGamers Member

Agreed that you need a restat. No skill will get the job done with less than 15 hard points in the tree. All skills require at least a maxed skill and substantial mastery. The reason Meteorbs exist is because cold mastery need not be maxed making cold tree the least stat point intensive. However, frozen orb must be maxed, some points do need to go into cold mastery (to get level 17-23 cold mastery) and frozen orb has prereqs. Nova only static as a prereq, but with only 1 mastery and 14 nova hardpoints (lets assume +10 to skills) the nova does merely 500 damage. Compare this to your fireball at 8k damage with 84 points in fire tree and +10 skills. Being primarily fire, you probably wont have the fastest cast rate or the -% enemy lightning resist and a non-maxed nova will not be effective.

4. Ghoulz

Ghoulz IncGamers Member

Orb is the only way to go with a heavily invested FB sorc!

You should reset and leave fire mastery alone though.

5. AFew

AFew IncGamers Member

What about 20 thunderstorm 20 orb 20 meteor or something split rest in masterys or prerequisites

6. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

Thunderstorm does next to nothing :<

As said above there's unfortunately no effective way to handle immunes with just a couple of points.

20 orb, at least 17 into cold mastery after +skills, max fireball and meteor and lastly fire mastery and fire bolt. If you've got more than 11 +fire skills and care more about fire ball's damage than meteor's, max fire bolt before fire mastery.

7. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

Unless you're rocking a pure lite with infinity/infinity merc, you have to do more of a split unless you focus purely on boss running (andy/meph and pindle).

You'll either want FO, CL, or Lite, but FO is the common alternative and I prefer FO/CL if I go that route.

Nova is a poor choice because it lacks damage and puts you in harm's way.
    Thunderstorm is too slow and is a support skill at best.

8. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

1pt Static Charge and 1pt Glacial Spike along with a well kitted out merc can deal with pretty much every fire immune except the Cannot Be Frozen Fire Immune Frenzytaur of the WSK and Throne.