Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2nd Gheeds?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SoCal44, Apr 8, 2004.

1. SoCal44

SoCal44 IncGamers Member

2nd Gheeds?

I know many have 2+++ Gheeds and want to know how you get the 2nd? Obviously muled, but how? I play on Bet but solo games (hate when people just sit back and leach) and have a Gheeds already. I wasnt sure if I could drop and pickup and ID the other (to see if it was better), I read where you could lose both.

I thought the game was longer than 5min, so tried rejoin with my other char, but game not found :rant:

2. Der Gamer

Der Gamer IncGamers Member

whatever i do when i find another gheeds..is call a friend in, and then have him ID it and if its better than mine..i mule mine, and inventory the better one.

3. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

I have a good gheed, something like 151/14/40. I do mephruns a lot, so whenever I get another Gheed, I drop my gheed and ID the other. 99.9% of the time it is worse than mine; _Then I pick up my Gheed (the good one) and leave the game. Next step: Because all my friends have a Gheed already I go to the channel and say something like "Free Gheed in Mephrun-1 // [password]" and let someone get it. Free gheeds :)

4. AzulAzul

AzulAzul IncGamers Member

i have 5 gheeds, and i found 4 in act1 hell and 1 in act5 hell, as i have 2 pc's,i just sit back, turn on the second pc, anter with another char and pick up the charm.

the best i have is something like 146, 14, 36%.

good luck

5. EuroJamie

EuroJamie IncGamers Member

Does onyone know the potential variations of the mods for Gheeds?

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

the worst scenario is that all characters who are permitted to enter the difficulty level where the Gheed's is found already have a Gheeds and you only have one computer. In that case you either need help from a friend or you do the following:

1. Ensure that the MF game is old enough to persist for 5 minutes (must be 5 minutes old - better wait 6 minutes ;) ). Then leave it.

2. Create a normal game with a high level character, drop his Gheeds and leave the game ASAP. Games will persist for one minute after their creation.

3. Enter normal game with mule, pick up the Gheed's. If you have been quick enough, this game still exists. You have one minute in total between game creation and entering it with the mule.

4. Enter the MF game (should still exist) with the high level char mentioned in 2, pick up Gheeds.

If you have two computers, you should work with a muling game which is old enough to last for 5 minutes. That's a little safer.

With three computers you can work with three characters in two games, so the mule can be transferred without leaving it on the floor in an empty game.

7. Der Gamer

im pretty sure the MF on gheeds can go from 20%-50%. Mine is a 40%

8. Phresh

Phresh IncGamers Member

it can only go up to 40%

9. Der Gamer

awesome, now i dont have to pick anymore up..haha..i really dont care about the other stats..What i need is some extra EXP gain

10. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

If you are playing solo on Bnet and you have absolutely no other recourse to mule a second Gheed's, you can use a little known technique that I find useful. It does not work for HC and can be rather painful at higher levels.

1) Drop one charm in town
    2) Take second charm and step outside where there are monsters.
    3) Put the charm on your cursor and get killed by creatures. This will save the charm with your corpse.
    4) When back in town, pick up the second charm and exit game without picking up your corpse
    5) Create a Normal muling game with a new/mule character, burn in the game and join with previous char.
    6) Drop charm and then pick up your corpse (which will now have the original charm you died with)
    7) Exit and pick up charm on ground with mule character.

I only just started playing Bnet a few weeks ago and I've found 4 Gheed's. I didn't have anyone on my friends list so I had to do this to transfer the charms (including a perfect 40% one) to my other chars who were still in Normal difficulty.

--T