Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

2nd Gheed's Charm

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Taurgon, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

2nd Gheed's Charm

I was running Meph in Hell and he dropped a unique charm that I couldn't pick up. I already had Gheed's charm in my inventory, so I TP to Kurast and dropped it on the ground next to my stash, then went back to check out the new charm and it was another Gheed's with better stats. I couldn't equip two of them in my inventory, so I sold my old one. I wish I had muled the first one. A definite drawback playing SP this time.

2. Kayvon

Kayvon IncGamers Member

This happened to me the other night. Thankfully I archive my save folder often so I was able to recover the old one that way. What Blizzard ought to do is restrict players having 1 Gheed's Fortune in their backpack and allow them to have multiple ones in their private stash so we SP'ers don't have to make sacrifices like this. Just my $0.02.

3. Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer IncGamers Member

I like your taste in avatars Taurgon

4. bhaalistik

bhaalistik IncGamers Member

It's possible to ATMA midgame and mule the Gheeds off and pick up the new one. Some would not recommend it because there is a chance it could crash you. I have done it 3 times so far and no crash yet *knock on wood*
    The way I do it:
    Pause game, ATMA off the Gheeds in my stash, go back to game, DROP the Gheeds in my inventory (the game doesnt recognize that its been moved off character until you save out) and LEAVE IT ON THE GROUND because its technically a dupe now, pick up the new one and go off on your merry way :D
    Voila!

5. Taurgon

Taurgon IncGamers Member

Hey, thanks. I didn' think I would ever get a second Gheed's drop, but if I get a third, I will try your tip. (it won't be the first time I crashed my comp)

Death dealer: Great minds think alike.

6. Hythopian Shade

Hythopian Shade IncGamers Member

Nice find there :) I have yet to find my first, but then again I haven't been playing much since the beginning of October.

7. Joutaja

Joutaja IncGamers Member

Congrats. That's a nice find!

I've also lost one Gheed's because I did'n know it can be midgame muled. When I realised this I've done it severla times and no problems have occured.

8. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Nice find, Taurgon! :)

Just one word: Muling via ATMA midgame is considered on the borderline to cheating. I.e. some of the forum members here accept it, some don't. Please bear that in mind and be sure to mention it if you're trading items found by a char, that wears such a Gheed's (i.e. an extra one that was acquired by midgame ATMAing).

9. bhaalistik

Thanks for the reminder Huorn! Sorry, in a previous thread awhile back I did mention that I would put that "disclaimer" in my trade posts and I neglected to include it in my latest ones.
    As for the acceptance of it, I believe that it is widely accepted as ok to find multiple Gheeds. The issue was whether it was ethical to have more than one in your inventory at any time (which is actually possible via ATMA)...now THAT is a definite NO-NO

10. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

In the thread discussing the Draft FAQ for GAMs ATMAing midgame is discussed and quite a few people are dead against it. Others don't have a problem with it at all.

Personally I don't care either way. I won't do it, and as I don't trade I don't mind others doing it. I wouldn't consider the items found that way tainted either.

11. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

i don´t se it as a problem either...

12. bhaalistik

Then in the immortal words of the Guiness Beer Commercials...BRILLIANT!! :big grin:

13. SnakeEye85

hehe i actually did that when i was new to 1.10 and had good luck with finding gheeds. I took them from my atma stash and placed like 3 or 4 on the same character and thought " wow this is uber"

some time later i realized it´s not OK and removed them offocurse...

hehe :)

14. bhaalistik

Hehhee, ya you were the one I was thinking of when I posted that Snake...but I've learned my lesson about pointing fingers :wink:
    It's all good though, no harm no foul :cool:

15. SnakeEye85

hehe yep thought so :)

now when i think back on it, it seems kinda stupid to think it would be OK :uhhuh:

hehe i was so proud when i posted a Mat/pat (?) thread and posted equipment :)