290 pdsc

mafiaboi86

Diabloii.Net Member
290 pdsc

hey.. i just wondering wat is a 290 pdsc since all i found on the ground is 100 maximum.. do ppl cube it to get the stats on the charm? i heard u get the small charms off baal and cube it wif 3 pgem... is that true? can u get 290 by that way? or 290 is just another duped and hacked charms..?

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't get it either, there's no stats on the small charm that adds up to 290 damage, they only add up to 225...either its a bug/flaw or hack.

mafiaboi86

Diabloii.Net Member
umm i thought so.. but ppl on the bnet..us west nl.. are trading those 290 charms for a high rune each.. so there must be one :p.. just wonderin... ne other suggestions or ideas?

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm also kinda borderline on this one. I am almost positive that non-hacked pdsc can spawn with 290pd, but I'm not sure if a bug is allowing the charms to achieve such a high damage.

It seems as if the charms are spawning with general magic affixes, as opposed to the ones specific to charms. As long as the affix_level of the charm is high enough, I believe it can spawn with those general affixes.

Weird, but it seems to work something like this.

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
I know of one 290 dropp from a rock in hell cows, I belive that the max poison dammage in 1.09 was 375 but is nerfed now in 1.10 and the 290 was duped alot

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
poison damage doesn't add sumarily...it adds exponentially...therefore the prefix of 175 dam and the suffix of 50 damage will multiply, not add, to get to 290. Furthermore, you can use 3 perfect gems to reroll any charm. magical charm+3 pgems = one new, magical charm. i don't know if they're going for a high rune, though...they're nice...but somewhere around an um or mal, maybe...Now...are they hacked? no. They are completely legitimate...are they duped? absolutely...they are duped like crazy. there is currently a sale of them going on, on a site, listen in another thread on d2.net...704 of them for 200 dollars.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
So multiple charms would add exponentially?

Wouldn't a dueler simply fill his/her entire inventory with these things and do massive damage?

corndog420

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think that multiple charms add exponentially. Each charm might spawn with mods that affect its own pois dmg exponentially, but seperate charms' damage are added together (ie. Two 290s = 580 pois dmg.)

Many duelers do attempt to nearly fill their inventories with them. Personally, I won't touch a 290, since I'm playing as "fully legit" as I can by finding my own stuff, and trading for stuff that I presume to be legit, though I'm debating swallowing my pride and trading for some high runes (that are likely duped), so I can get my hammerdin an Enigma.

Ryshenron

Diabloii.Net Member
charms with a high enough ilvl can get up in teh 300+ range..dont ask me how it works but it is not a bug..believe me 290's are legit eevn if they are massively duped non-ladder

nosoup4crr

Diabloii.Net Member
well...i'm not sure how they work now...but it used to be that multiple charms DID add exponentially...simply by having 3 or 4 100damsc's, you could add 1000 points to your damage...granted...that was added over about 12 seconds...but you get my point. They might still add in some strange way...but i'm pretty sure that this is the reason you're able to get past the 225 barrier from the limits of prefix+suffix

d2 junkie

Diabloii.Net Member
nosoup4crr said:
well...i'm not sure how they work now...but it used to be that multiple charms DID add exponentially...simply by having 3 or 4 100damsc's, you could add 1000 points to your damage...granted...that was added over about 12 seconds...but you get my point. They might still add in some strange way...but i'm pretty sure that this is the reason you're able to get past the 225 barrier from the limits of prefix+suffix
Well I got news for ya small charms can get to over 350 pd I think the top possible is 383. :D

TheAges

Diabloii.Net Member
I've found a 313 pdsc not too far back with one of my ladder characters. So as others have said, you can definately find higher than 290.

ThereIsNoSpoon

Diabloii.Net Member
This happens then a poison prefix and poison suffix has different durations (one has over 5 another over 6 seconds), so in order to merge those not matching mods game engine makes a certain calculation to even them out. With poison damage important thing is not the actual number you see, but how much damage per second it is. Lets say 100 poison damage per 4 seconds is lower than 90 per 3 seconds. Of course it's just an example. I don't know exact formula of pefix and suffix merging but i know it involves raising poison duration which leads to overall poison damage that displays increase.

Two_Rivers

Diabloii.Net Member
290's can be legitimate, but have been duped a lot. Also, one of them doesn't generally go for high runes, it usually takes several. I know that at least on USEast one goes for around a mal, two is an um, three is an ist and most other high runes get more expensive from there.