Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

$250 for a driving ticket???1!1???! Yeeeeshhh!111

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Starfishied, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

$250 for a driving ticket???1!1???! Yeeeeshhh!111

Has anyone gotten a ticket recently? How in the world can you be charged $250 for turning from the wrong lane because the constuction workers were painting the boundaries? That sucks! Stupid California deficit.

2. mouschi

mouschi IncGamers Member

In Texas, any traffic ticket is automatically doubled if the violation occurred around workers. If the laws are the same, that could be why it is so high.

3. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

Yep, mouschi pretty much hit it on the head. In many states, traffic fines double in work zones. So... if your infraction normally would have been $125, it automatically doubled in the work zone.

If you go to court with it, you'll likely see the fine cut in half, but you're still going to end up paying something for it.

4. Damascus

Damascus IncGamers Member

Where were "they" turning from?

5. Starfishied

Okay, imagine a road with a left turn lane. The construction workers were gone, but the cones were still blocking the boundary between left turn lane and going straight lane. Basically, we were turning left on a going straight lane. There were about 3 or 4 other cars that were turning left as well, but the officer didn't give a rat a** about it and we just happened to be the "lucky" one. chucks!

6. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Thats only when workers are present.

I think construction is one of the most shady businesses out there.

-They have to hire a certain percentage of mexicans.
    -The mexicans in general work less than people who would have otherwise
    -Contruction projects, even minor ones can take upwards of two years
    -Speeding fines are doubled
    -Someone gets a fat paycheck

Sometimes i feel like the guy from Falling Down. "Whats wrong with the road?" "I'll give you something to fix"

7. Starfishied

Is it true that officers get commissions from giving out tickets? Sounds like a luxury.

8. publius

publius IncGamers Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they do, here cops just wait around all day to give hapless bikers bike tickets for running stop signs or for (as I found out one night) not having bike lights.

Meanwhile, only 10-15 minutes away is a town with one of the highest homocide rates in the country. You'd think their services would be better off there, but no.

9. Avalon

Avalon IncGamers Member

Where in cali was this?
    And were there signs about when the special driving condtions were in effect?

10. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

75 in a 65 is $268.00.

What are you griping about?

Welcome to California! Now, go home!

NB :D

11. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

I got a 500 dollar ticket once. Apparently driving without insurance is frowned upon. What is this world coming to?

12. toader

toader Banned

You should be lucky you were not jailed for 30 years without parole.

You need to sit in silence and think about what you have done for awhile, then happily go pay your fine. Maybe even tip a mexican worker or two on your way out.

13. mouschi

mouschi IncGamers Member

Isn't that what I said?
    Are you sure? If they do, it couldnt be more than any other business or industry.
    Heh, other than pegging this as racism, I would have to say you are just plain wrong. I live in Texas, and the sad thing is that many people think the same way as you. Just because you see a Mexican without his shovel in the dirt doesn't mean he is taking a siesta.
    As it is anywhere.

14. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

i got a $181 ticket about a year ago right after they put up the construction signs, i was written up for 75 in a 40 zone with construction. i know i got off very easy, considering i was going like 90 or 95

15. jimmyboy

jimmyboy IncGamers Member

By the way, if you dont want your insurance to go up, you have to go to traffic school which you're going to have to pay for. About $75.

Avoid sitting next to the big & sweaty & harry legged man. Speaking from experience.

16. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight IncGamers Member

It's all Arnold's fault.

17. LunarSolaris

LunarSolaris IncGamers Member

The only ticket that I've ever gotten was a $500 ticket for not having insurance. It was back in 1991 when Washington State first changed the law to having mandatory insurance. I got nailed, went to court, and got it knocked down to $250. Still though, to a starving college student.... $250 is a LOT of money!

18. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I got hit for $135 dollars for not stopping for 3 seconds at a stop sign where the road ahead was clear and i had a line of traffic behind me. I stopped for one second. :rant:

19. TheOgreMan

TheOgreMan IncGamers Member

I was in a 45 mph zone; less than 100 ft in front of me is a speed limit sign that says 60 mph. So I go that fast before I actually pass the sign. Lo and behold, I get pulled over. The cop gives me a "Careless Operations" ticket (only ******* cops give a ticket for something like that) and a nice little fine of $232.50.

Apparently in the state of South Carolina all Careless Operations tickets have a mandatory $132.50 extra fine put on that cannot be dropped except in cases of extreme need or poverty.

And supposedly (as told by the judge) a Careless Operations ticket carries no license point penalty and should not cause an insurance increase, yet all insurance agencies I get a quote from take that little incident and add a good $1000 to my quote...

20. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

I am just saying it exactly the way I see it, and its the truth. There are hundreds of Illegals who hang out behind our storage shed, every day. They are only gone for about 3 hours a day, some of them don't leave.

It might sound racist but I'm just saying what i see. You never see hordes of Legal americans sitting around doing nothing when they are supposed to be contracted to a construction business.