Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

24hr acct ban on bnet?..

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Mar 29, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

24hr acct ban on bnet?..

my friend said his acct was banned for 24 hrs on bnet... has this happend to anyone? never happend to me...

2. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

Yes, I got that once. I got kicked all the time because I used my mouse wheel to switch skills. Blizz told me that I used external programs which is not allowed. BS ofcourse, I only used the Microsoft drivers. Sometimes it took about a day.

Usually I get kicked only when switching chars too often, but that's just for 5 minutes.

3. fatmantan

fatmantan IncGamers Member

Usually this happens when people are using some kind of "bot". Accounts will be monitored and if he ceases to use "bots" then he will be permanently banned.

Is your friend using any bots?

4. muteownz

no, were were dueling then he said enimga would work better on my nercro so i was gonna x'fer it. so i gave him it then he said he was lagging then left the game. came on a friends acct and said his acct was banned. he said it happend to someone before so thats why i'm asking here.

5. fatmantan

So do u have his enigma? or does he have yours?

6. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Sounds like you were gullible and got scammed. Dont be surprised if he doesnt show up or give it back.

7. muteownz

yah know i honestly thought this. i even asked him about it he said why would he steal it. we've x'fered many times and stuff worth a lot more. i even wanted to x'fer my botd zerk but he said its up to me or something. i thought the whole ban thing was a made up thing but now that it has happend to people i belive him. even now i feel bad for acusing him. i'm stupid for jumping to that conclusion. :(

8. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Unless you currently own the enigma then dont be sorry you jumped. He may be refusing to help you mule more to cover his tracks. Hell hath no fury (cept on hell diff) like a scammed nubbah. Theyll message you till your eyes water from reading all the messages.

9. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

I honestly cant think of 10 items that are worth more than enigma... did i miss anything...? :scratch:

10. fatmantan

Oh well

we'll all see what prevails in 15 hours or so.....or whatever amount until he is "unbanned".

Let us know :)

11. spastik303

spastik303 IncGamers Member

Not to seem overly cynical, but I would expect a:

"OMG, man, I'm sooooooo sorry, I think I got rolled back. I don't have your enigma. No. You don't have it either? Check man. WTF !?! Yeah I know, I'm pissed too, I lost all that XP we got that last time. Blizzard sucks!!! I'll write them an email, hopefully they can restore our chars. Stupid noob programmers."

3 days later

"Wanna Baal? What? Yeah I can tele, finally traded/found that (totally impossible trade or luck). Yeah!! I don't know, some noob. Yeah I can't believe (he traded for/ I found) that either. :D Well at least now I can tele since you lost your enigma. So lets get to lvl 99 already! :D"

Hopefully this is not the way it goes for you, but if you only knew how many times I've heard the same story. It's sad.

Good luck.

12. pipermac

pipermac IncGamers Member

There is one problem I find with this story. From what I know....all TEMP Bans are doen by IP address and not by account.

If he was logging on with another account then I dont think he was temp banned.

If he trusts you you should ask him to give you his password so you can try his account on your machine to see if it works there.

It may be true but I am very suspicious of this....How would he know how long it is for? I have not heard of Blizzard have a message come up Saying you have been banned for X hours.

From What I know when you get temp banned all that happens is that you get the "Unable to Connect" message.

13. spastik303

Actually, bans are made to the CDkeys, and perhaps also IP. I am certain that it is the keys, and maybe a combination of Keys and IP, because I have 2 computers I use at home, and when I log in too fast/often with one and get temp banned, the other one does not get banned. (Both are on the same IP because of the router. So a strictly IP ban would ban both my comps at once.)

So unless your friend had his second account created with a different set of keys, (possible, but unlikely for the average person who owns only 1 copy of the game) well, it doesn't look too good. :(

14. muteownz

the acct he was on was his neighbor's its quite possible he went over there but it was like 3am so i dont know. i'll find out soon enough.

- joe

15. toader

toader Banned

I believe SuggestiveName, the most infamous seal clicker in the game, can give you some info on what happens during a temp ban. :lol:

16. pipermac

Actually I will correct myself.

The temp ban for 5 minutes that you get when entering games too quickly goes by Account.

On the same computer I can log on with another account.

But the Temp bans that are longer and that are caused by BOT like Behaviour most definately go by IP address and only IP address. I have had this happen to me and all I have done is changed my IP and I have been able to connect.

As far as I can tell the only time an ban is by CD-Key is when it is Permanent.

And the only time Blizzard tells you you have been banned is when it is permanent.

17. muteownz

bot like behaviour i dont understand this... he was just holding my enimga while i got my necro. then his acct gets banned? its just one of those things that dont make sence but i usually over react and its cool. he is a cool guy i dont see why he would screw me over like this.

18. pipermac

I am not saying he had Bot like behaviour...but I was referring to that type of ban.

Regardless it seems pretty suspicious....I hope you get it back.

19. spastik303

Perhaps it behaves differently on realms other than East?

I say this because I know for certain that temp bans (the 10 minute ones) are not made to an account as, once again using both my computers, the one that got temp banned cannot even enter the realm it was banned on. (I can enter other realms, but if I try to join East it gives me that modem/connection problem message before it even gets to the login screen.)

Whereas the other computer, with a different set of keys but the same IP, can, and does log in, even to the same account that was just temp banned.

As for longer temporary bans, well, I can't say for certain as I have never been banned for more than 10 minutes.)

So I'll have to assume you're on a dfferent realm? Otherwise I have no idea why your temp bans are 5 minutes, and behave totally different from my temp bans of 10 minutes. ?!?!

Perhaps someone who gets banned a lot more often can clarify this for us. :D

20. pipermac

Mmmmm...ok...I guesss I amnot too bright...now that I think about it more...you are correct.

Blizzard just has too many ways of banning you. But regardlees of what type of ban it is......I dont believe there is anyway to know for sure how long it will be. :)