Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nnndave, Apr 12, 2005.

1. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

anyone else watch 24? Cause I sure as hell do. It kicks ass, and Jack Bauer is one of the most awesome characters to ever make his presence on TV. Dont spoil anything because I'm going through the dvds and I'm in the middle of season 2 right now. ME and my friend are borrowing the box sets from a friend and we watched season 1 in 3 days, and were well into season two. I watch 24 all night and skip class to watch it in the day. i am dangerously addicted, but its all good. it is probably the BEST hands down thing to do when you break up with a girl cause not only does it deliver the consistant ass-kickery you've been missing out on for so long, but it just enforces how retarded girls can be.

(just kidding, girls are awesome)

2. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

I don't like that show, my Dad watches it. I like the Shield, that show is AWESOME!

3. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

Ahh! Double post!

4. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

That show's good. He manage to run around for 24 hours without taking a bathroom break or a sip of water.

There was a flaw in last night's episode. He put a bunch of bullets in a can and lit them on fire. Then the bullets started shooting. Bullets just fizzle when they're on fire. I guess the writers doesn't know jack about bullets.

5. Croup

Croup IncGamers Member

24 comes from the school of "let's cram as much **** into an episode as possible and throw in a bunch of plot twists." Not my type of show. I find it hard to take a show seriously when 3+ main characters are declared dead per show (exaggeration I know, but with a purpose).

6. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

Yeah. The one episode I watched included a car crash, a president (or figure of power) being shot, a car exploding and some other less action packed events. That show seems way to far fetched to me.

7. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

24 stopped being watchable during Season 3. Season 1 was incredible, and I own it on DVD. Season 2 was fine until the stupid Kim subplot with the mountain lion and the dude in the safe house. After that, it all went sharply downhill.

All of us cool kids have moved on to House, thankya very much.

8. Ev_

Ev_ IncGamers Member

I love 24, but I agree it's starting to slip. I think the writers are just running out of ideas. I'm still totally hooked on it though.

Lostprophet, House ROCKS. Such a great show. Hugh Laurie better win an Emmy. He's an outstanding actor.

9. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

What's 'House'? Anyone watch "The Shield"?

10. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

The shield is so much better than 24. Great show.

Season 1 of 24 kicked ass. Season 2 was eh. Season 3 was just ok. Havn't seen season 4 yet, waiting for it to come out on DVD.

11. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Ya I always mess with my brother, he looooves that show, but I say like movie quotes about it..."

JACK BAUER..NEVER WIPES TWICE!"

"JACK BAUER..NO TIME FOR LOOOVE!"

I wish for once that a show would be like him in the bathroom..grunting..hearing stuff like .."erhhmm..whew"..then after 20 mins of show time, the toilet flushes, and kickass music starts up with him running out of the bathroom, but not without fixen his hair and tucking in his shirt...then BOOM, JACK BAUER TO THE RESCUE!

12. Lostprophet

Lostprophet IncGamers Member

I always knew you were a good man, Evan _____. But now I have physical, undeniable proof.

That is all.

13. rare

rare IncGamers Member

I dont watch it because for EVERY single episode they say:

"Do NOT miss the next episode of 24. It will CHANGE EVERYTHING; all as we know it will be CHANGED when Jack finds himself in the most THREATENING situation yet."

It just sounds dumb they keep saying the next show'll be the best and change everything. =\

14. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

The Shield rocked! I'm gonna buy all 3 seasons on DVD soon.

15. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

And let's be honest, that show is WAY too far fetched for anything like that to ever happen, well atleast in the course of one day.

16. dirkdig

dirkdig IncGamers Member

Yeah, while I'm definately addicted (I just started watching this season), I feel as if the plotline is just getting too ridiculous. Not only would many of the terrorist plots impossible to pull off, but there's simply no way any organization would have enough... well, organization to pull off all of those things in a single day.

17. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

Exactly what I'm saying, I mean a lot of that stuff is just ridiculous that they do. Go Shield!

18. Necrolestes

Necrolestes IncGamers Member

The Next Day

I think 24's greatest weakness is that the plot twists are so darn predictable. There's always a mole, there's always a greedy businessman/military commander who made a deal with a rogue nation, there's always an ambitious woman, there's always Jack Bauer doing the same thing week after week. I found the first season intriguing though I didn't actually watch it but once seasons two and three rolled around, I no longer cared enough to stay interested. I suppose the only good part of season 4 is no Kim (why couldn't Nina have killed HER!)

19. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

TV sucks period.

Come to my 'movies of the week thread' instead... ;) :lol:

Seriously, I have never watched 24 or ever will. Stuff that, taking up that much of my life watching a TV program, oh hang on, D2 for xxx hours per day in the past. *cough*

I don't watch TV series really, or soaps. Give me a good film any day.

KnightFall

20. Newman

Newman IncGamers Member

TV is okay, the only things I watch anymore are the News, Friends, Nip Tuck and ofcourse.. The Shield.